British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsonpaul198

Lions On Sky

I clearly get that some are unhappy about the track and the lack of effort to alter it to suit.

However crowds always appear good, better than quite a few so it could be said that the Leicester promotion are doing a fine job at running Speedway.

Obviously i might have a different view if it was my local track to support but as an occasional visitor to the track i am generally happy with the standard on show.

Obviously i am there to be shot down now for daring to say i enjoy my visits to Leicester.

So if your happy with your visits to BP what are you like when you see real speedway like the last GP & the last Swedish match?

So if your happy with your visits to BP what are you like when you see real speedway like the last GP & the last Swedish match?

I am afraid you just have to accept that i DO enjoy my visits and your propaganda wont force me to change my mind.

The Swedish league meetings are often borefests - you neglect to mention those.

The Czech and Finnish GP were totally dull - again you only mention good meetings.

Not yet seen any EL meetings yet so will give my verdict later in the year, or the SKY fixture.

I KNOW good speedway - i watch my Speedway at a track that regularly wins best prepared track most years.

Overall id prefer to watch meetings at Leicester than Brum for example.

• Like 1

You really are unpleasant and there is no need for you to butt in with yet another nasty comment. I know Steve and he never misses the chance to respond so I thought it was strange he'd been on line but ignored my question, which was quite a reasonable one asking how many times he'd been to Leicester and which matches.

Sorry I didn't realise that you and Stevebrum were such good friends

I clearly get that some are unhappy about the track and the lack of effort to alter it to suit.

However crowds always appear good, better than quite a few so it could be said that the Leicester promotion are doing a fine job at running Speedway.

Obviously i might have a different view if it was my local track to support but as an occasional visitor to the track i am generally happy with the standard on show.

Obviously i am there to be shot down now for daring to say i enjoy my visits to Leicester.

Attendances are pretty good but I'd say they have been dropping steadily. Judging by comments on here, that's likely to continue and isn't just as a result of the usual falling off after a new track opens.

You're as much entitled to your opinion as anyone and as someone who says only what he sees I certainly can't condemn someone else for doing the same. If memory serves me correctly, Pirate Nick would agree with you.

The number of visits does count to a degree. I went to King's Lynn a week or so ago and it was rubbish. If I hadn't been before, I might form the view that it was like that every week.

Good job the company was reasonable :D

• Like 1

Could you explain how you come to the conclusion that there are not enough fans to make it pay?? In your opinion how many would make it viable as a business, how many fans would you need to attend to make a profit?

robert72, could you please answer the question I asked. I would be interested to read your view on numbers needed at BP to make it pay??

Whether we're 'such good friends' or not - and I didn't say that actually if you'd care to read my post again - makes no difference to the fact you made a nasty comment about my life. Try reading the rules of the forum again which presumably you did when you joined. There's really no need for you to be so unpleasant and aggressive.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

robert72, could you please answer the question I asked. I would be interested to read your view on numbers needed at BP to make it pay??

As you appear to be setting robert72 up so you can say he's wrong, maybe you could just give us the correct answer.

• Like 1

As you appear to be setting robert72 up so you can say he's wrong, maybe you could just give us the correct answer.

[/quote

I am not setting him up at all !! He made the comment about it not being viable, so I take it he knows how many fans are needed to make it pay? I do not know, but I am interested in what he has to say.

Whether we're 'such good friends' or not - and I didn't say that actually if you'd care to read my post again - makes no difference to the fact you made a nasty comment about my life. Try reading the rules of the forum again which presumably you did when you joined. There's really no need for you to be so unpleasant and aggressive.

Well I'm at a loss as to why you can't just stick to Cov and quit jumping on the bandwagon and having a pop at Leicester at every opportunity

You tell me as you seem so certain you know better than me. I await your numbers.

You tell me as you seem so certain you know better than me. I await your numbers.

I do not claim to know anything better than you !! You said there were not enough fans left to make it viable, I just asked the question how many in your opinion was needed to make it profitable? You made the statement so I was assuming you could back up your argument? Clearly you can not, or you would of given a reasonable response by now!! Not a stupid idea that I am trying to catch you out in some way!! Typical, make a sweeping statement but can not back up what you say??
  • Like 1

I am afraid you just have to accept that i DO enjoy my visits and your propaganda wont force me to change my mind.

The Swedish league meetings are often borefests - you neglect to mention those.

The Czech and Finnish GP were totally dull - again you only mention good meetings.

Not yet seen any EL meetings yet so will give my verdict later in the year, or the SKY fixture.

I KNOW good speedway - i watch my Speedway at a track that regularly wins best prepared track most years.

Overall id prefer to watch meetings at Leicester than Brum for example.

. So here we go again stevebrum talking a load of bull,,,,,,,,,,, Leicesters track is better than brum. LOL ....?..........

Gemini is a nice lady and we can still have a spat on here now and then.

The number of visits does count to a degree. I went to King's Lynn a week or so ago and it was rubbish. If I hadn't been before, I might form the view that it was like that every week.

A fair point. However Kings Lynn is known to be a great race track so it wouldn't be a very valid one.

I take the point that there are quite a few (on here) who think that racing at Leicester isn't great.

. So here we go again stevebrum talking a load of bull,,,,,,,,,,, Leicesters track is better than brum. LOL ....?..........

I suggest you read the full post because there is nowhere i said `Leicester`s track is better than Brum`. I guess that`s just your own bull.

My point remains. I find the viewing at Brum frustrating and quite often the meetings have been dull.

If i had to pick where to go to WATCH a match id pick Leicester.

Now why don't you try and turn that into i think Leicester is a better race track again. :icon_smile_clown:

Well I'm at a loss as to why you can't just stick to Cov and quit jumping on the bandwagon and having a pop at Leicester at every opportunity

Why should I just stick to Coventry? This is a forum for discussion and I can comment on any thread I like, particularly those about Leicester because I live here as you well know. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon either. I'm just damn cheesed off after waiting so long for speedway to return that the majority of racing is dull and processional and not worth paying £28 out of our pension each week to watch. If you're quite happy and enjoy it then carry on but don't get so up tight about others, including many away fans, who have a different opinion to yours.

• Like 7