British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn Stars V Eastbourne Eagles Thurs 26/6

FFS 1 point out, eastbourne just lolz, jk has been utterly dreadful all season bar about 3 home matches.

What a performance considering some people was saying we are all about Lewis Kerr that argument has gone straight out the window .

Missing two riders and still put in a great performance like tonight - Robert Lambert was top draw tonight I would be seriously consider him for WC place in a months time after tonight but can't fault any of the team great night great team spirt onwards to the next meeting .

• Like 1

What a performance considering some people was saying we are all about Lewis Kerr that argument has gone straight out the window .

Missing two riders and still put in a great performance like tonight - Robert Lambert was top draw tonight I would be seriously consider him for WC place in a months time after tonight but can't fault any of the team great night great team spirt onwards to the next meeting .

Yep brilliant from the Stars again - would've been more emphatic I think if Rory had sorted his bike for his last ride, but it was good to see him hang on for 2nd in his previous even tho clearly had problems. And ofc Robert Lambert was just awesome - thoroughly deserved paid max :t:

Eastbourne were pretty dire tbh and certainly missed Blackbird - they'll be fortunate to get to the playoffs imo (hope they do tho so we can choose 'em :P ). If it wasn't for their home track advantage they'd be near the bottom.

Edited by Star Fever

Great win by an all round team tonight. Robert was outstanding, a dream to watch. Well done lads.

By the way, we had a straight thru run from Sutterton down A17, very little traffic most of the way and no hold ups at the A17/A47 roundabout. Long may it last !!!!

Robert needs to get his gating more consistent like tonight to be considered. Sensational tonight, made mugs of Pedersen, Michelsen, Woodward. From the gate and from the back.

Since he's come back from the disappointing score in the U-21's in Germany he seems to have upped his game.

Like I said though, he now has to make it consistent and Alun Rossiter has to think hard about it. One things for sure, we can't keep looking back at 'has never beens' like King.

The certs are Woffy, Harris and Cook

As for the meeting tonight. Eastbourne's riders should be embarrassed, and their promotion / management should be embarrassed. Established rider's were getting turned over by National League rider's. That for me is unacceptable. But in the same token our TEAM has to be highly praised. Absolutely and utterly brilliant

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

I came on here last couple weeks back moaning about the long drawn out affair after attending a stop-go meeting, so I am the first to say what a wonderful change last night was. Starting on time the meeting just flowed. There were no Re-starts, no Crashes, no Hold ups, no Going back to the pits, very little Gardening, and with the rain not far away, the Ref pushed the meeting through splendidly. I was back in my house by 9.30, the wife was most surprised.

Looking back, I feel the racing was better than the score suggests. We may have scored big points but Eastbourne were always there snapping away. The heats they did win they showed spirit and fight. Woodward, Pederson and Michelsen all had their moments and were never far from the action. Newman also tried hard but was a scant replacement for the in-form Blackbird. I was disappointed with the others and expected more fight from those worldly travelled riders

The quality of the Stars last night was stunning. Each and everyone deserves a mention but it was Lambert who stole the show. From the gate or from the back he was simply awesome and collected his first paid maximum in the top level. Brilliant, for his reward he was then nominated for the final race and again taking Pedersen from the back to partner the ever impressive Niels to another 5-1. The expression on his face said it all. He'll remember last night for the rest of his life.

No doubt, his mum captured it all on camera, so pleased I was there to witness it. I'm sure this maximum will be the first of many.

• Like 2

You people really are going over the top. If this was 'absolutely and utterly brilliant' then so are most others. There are no accolades for slaughtering a team of no hopers now entering their third year since an away win and incapable of even putting up a fight.

I did tell you in advance that they would be lucky to even get 32 points but you obviously were not listening.

All your boys had to do was make sure they found the Stadium on time, nothing clever or brilliant about that.

As for us we are used to big home wins and disgraceful away performances and have come to accept it because we cannot change it. I am just glad that we still have speedway but wish we did not have these big home wins because I find them boring not brilliant.

• Like 2

Fantastic, even though I live approximately a 25-minute drive from the stadium, and actually work there, so don't leave until after the public, I was still home by 10.00pm. That's how a speedway meeting should be run, well done Chris Durno for keeping it flowing.

You people really are going over the top. If this was 'absolutely and utterly brilliant' then so are most others. There are no accolades for slaughtering a team of no hopers now entering their third year since an away win and incapable of even putting up a fight.

I did tell you in advance that they would be lucky to even get 32 points but you obviously were not listening.

All your boys had to do was make sure they found the Stadium on time, nothing clever or brilliant about that.

As for us we are used to big home wins and disgraceful away performances and have come to accept it because we cannot change it. I am just glad that we still have speedway but wish we did not have these big home wins because I find them boring not brilliant.

Some people you just cannot satisfy. Just because you have a downer with your teams away form, I think it would be wrong to overlook the tremendous achievement of a sixteen year old attaining his first maximum in the Elite League. I too was disappointed with the points tally of Eastbourne, I thought they rode far better than that, and don't deserve the pitiful comment you posted.....

Let hope, when we go to Eastbourne next week, we put up a show that is more to your liking.......

I must be odd, I don't want meetings over in double quick time, no sooner are ya there than you're off up the road again!

• Like 1

Your wish will come true on Monday!! :wink: It won't be a massive win, but I reckon you will get (most of) the points!!!

Thought we might struggle without our injured duo but should have known better.Robert gave us a view of what he can achieve last night when given enough meetings a week to be as sharp as those riding almost every night.My only fear is that injury or another one of Fraudulent Matts"in the best interest of(Poole)speedway"strokes will rob us of what we deserve.Half way through the season and 20 points ahead of our nearest rival and having scored more points away(from one match less)than the Loophole Pirates have scored at home is more than any Lynn fan could have dreamed about before the season started.Finally can I just apologise on behalf of Tetley for any part he may have played in the Brummies current problems.

I must be odd, I don't want meetings over in double quick time, no sooner are ya there than you're off up the road again!

No Must about it :rofl: Know what you mean, I like meeting up with the crew and having a giggle for for a couple of hours, would be crazy to arrive at 7.30 and on the way home by 8.30

I think 90 minutes is about right, meetings at Lynn should certainly never exceed half nine unless there is an accident.

• Like 1

From time of arrival....7.15/7.30.. to getting in the car should not be over 2 hours I agree. It is always interesting to see how quickly a ref moves a meeting on when there is the threat of rain. Who has overall control of a meeting is it actually the ref or is it the home promoter ?