British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Sheffield Tigers Vs Berwick Bandits; 26/06/14; Ko Cup 2nd Leg

Does Doolan have it written into his contract that he gets ht 15 even when hes been garbage? Good result.

Once he gets to reserve he will pile up the points .!!!!!

Bellego was fantastic tonight.

He is class, people forget that he has just turned 21.great talent IMO
  • Like 2

Does Doolan have it written into his contract that he gets ht 15 even when hes been garbage? Good result.

Think it was only him or Claus who could do it? Maybe Claus wasnt bothered if it was raining??

Hopefully the authorities get to the bottom of the Kus situation and get proof of the illness, or no illness and then take the appropriate action. It stinks Berwick

• Like 1

From what I understand, Matej Kus is not fit to ride in the UK for a week, but is fit to ride anywhere else in the world. It is a farce. Some teams in the past have had to use a NL 3 pointer because a rider is riding elsewhere and they can't have a facility. Even though Thomas Jorgensen was cleared to ride by the SCB, it still stinks. Some supporters did not go tonight because of this. They were undecided as to whether they would go, but this made their decision for them, so the Promotion suffers. No problems with getting knocked out of the cup, but Speedway has done some foot shooting again.

• Like 1

I nearly didn't go for that reason Blackadder but I sponsor a couple of the lads so went to support them, glad I did in the end as it was the most entertaining match I've seen this year.

Better performance all round!

• Like 1

Can't agree more Blackadder! A load of rubbish and then the powers that be wonder why our wonderful sport is dying on it's a**e!

• Like 1

From what I understand, Matej Kus is not fit to ride in the UK for a week, but is fit to ride anywhere else in the world. It is a farce. Some teams in the past have had to use a NL 3 pointer because a rider is riding elsewhere and they can't have a facility. Even though Thomas Jorgensen was cleared to ride by the SCB, it still stinks. Some supporters did not go tonight because of this. They were undecided as to whether they would go, but this made their decision for them, so the Promotion suffers. No problems with getting knocked out of the cup, but Speedway has done some foot shooting again.

Said the self same thing in my earlier post, and I quite agree, it is farcical!!

It should be mandatory that any rider stood down due to illness/injury in one country should then not be allowed to ride anywhere else until that period of time has elapsed?

Maybe there is a region of atmosphere over Europe somewhere that neutralises ailments when you fly through it, if this is the case could someone tell me where about's it is so I can book a flight and get my knees sorted!! :D;)

• Like 1

who would you have put in his place. Thomas Jorgensen's seventh ride was heat 14.

There are some dodgy rules that need looking at during the winter, this is one of them. The use of RR & guests is confusing and farcical at times. In the past few weeks Rye House have suffered more than most in this respect. Only allowed an NL guest at Glasgow in the KOC for Seb Tresarrieu, on long track duty in Europe, which cost us our place in the next round, but the Bandits can use a track expert when Kus is clearly fit to race.

Teams manipulate the rules to suit themselves. Any other sensible team manager would do the same.

• Like 2

who would you have put in his place. Thomas Jorgensen's seventh ride was heat 14.[/quote

Vissing....

Hopefully the authorities get to the bottom of the Kus situation and get proof of the illness, or no illness and then take the appropriate action. It stinks Berwick

Sure rules state you must provide certificate in 48 hours and I imagine that would be done or no facility would be allowed?

who would you have put in his place. Thomas Jorgensen's seventh ride was heat 14.[/quote

Vissing....

Yes he was only other one but maybe didnt want it? Anyhow result on aggregate was sorted. Different if league match.

There are some dodgy rules that need looking at during the winter, this is one of them. The use of RR & guests is confusing and farcical at times. In the past few weeks Rye House have suffered more than most in this respect. Only allowed an NL guest at Glasgow in the KOC for Seb Tresarrieu, on long track duty in Europe, which cost us our place in the next round, but the Bandits can use a track expert when Kus is clearly fit to race.

Teams manipulate the rules to suit themselves. Any other sensible team manager would do the same.

The rules really do need changed because there are far to many gaps there to be exploited. As you say though, you cant blame teams for exploiting them if the option is available to them.

• Like 2