British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

what about edinburgh disgrace hearts of midlothian same as rangers creditors got buttons

Hearts weren't liquidated though

So pleased that I'm not the only one to see through Mr. Mole's rhetoric.

When put on the spot, his responses appeared shady, unconvincing and somewhat contradictory.

Despite his previous commitment to British Speedway, and Birmingham in particular, some misguided folk on here perceive him to be The Messiah.

This is 2014. The goalposts have moved.

How misguided. How very, very misguided.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

So pleased that I'm not the only one to see through Mr. Mole's rhetoric.

When put on the spot, his responses appeared shady, unconvincing and somewhat contradictory.

Despite his previous commitment to British Speedway, and Birmingham in particular, some misguided folk on here perceive him to be The Messiah.

This is 2014. The goalposts have moved.

How misguided. How very, very misguided.

I know very little about Tony Mole. It just puzzles me that whenever a track seems to be in crisis the call goes out that he is the man to bring salvation. Who exactly is he? And get it clear - I have nothing against the man and am not out to spark a personal vendetta against him. It's just that I would like to learn more about him and his past involvement in speedway.

I wish some of you would pay attention and get your facts right:

firstly, what Mole said was that he'd offered £5,000 for plant and equipment such as the tractors and the air fence

secondly, when pushed on whether or not he had actually made an offer to purchase the club, what he ACTUALLY SAID, was that he hadn't made a direct offer to Alan Phillips for the club but, admitted that he had made an offer to the BSPA to buy the club.

Mole declined to stipulate just how much he had offered the BSPA, ( knowing Tony, it would have been a cheekily LOW offer). Mole went on to say that the offer was declined by the BSPA who presumably felt he offer was unacceptable.

Mole may well prefer to purchase the club and start again next season but, he may well find that he's missed the boat because someone else beats him to it and purchases the club in the very near future .

Remember, The BSPA chairman, Harkness, Chris Van Stratten, and Graham Drury have all publicly stated that private and confidential talks are actively taking place with an un named person(s) with the sole intent of keeping the Brummies on track THIS SEAON,

Drury confirmed the current talks with someone who is interested in saving it now whilst saying he felt it would be better to leaved it until next season and starting again in the Premier League

The BSPA press release on Friday sated the same facts. Add into this that a leading light from the group organising the save our Brummies fund. has stated on our forum that said Harkness is flying down from Edinburgh at his own expense,to meet them.

It has been stated that there are talks with the GRA early next week to solve the problem of the unpaid stadium rental money and to try and get the team back on to their home track

you don't think all this is being done on a whim do you?

Expect the announcement of a new promotional team by the end of next week which will see the Brummies continue THIS SEASON and NO, it will not be led by Tony Mole.

Long Live The Brummies. We shall overcome and we shall survive.

Hopefully something positive will come from this to keep Birmingham in the sport. Obviously crucial will be an agreement with the GRA in regard to the unpaid rent. Is the money raised so far from the fighting fund (I think in excess of £5,000) enough to cover this important outlay?

Not as I heard it

I heard they owed for nine meetings at £1,500 per meeting making a debt of £13,500.

The fighting fund is growing rapidly. I'm sure we'll get there

I know very little about Tony Mole. It just puzzles me that whenever a track seems to be in crisis the call goes out that he is the man to bring salvation. Who exactly is he? And get it clear - I have nothing against the man and am not out to spark a personal vendetta against him. It's just that I would like to learn more about him and his past involvement in speedway.

Hopefully something positive will come from this to keep Birmingham in the sport. Obviously crucial will be an agreement with the GRA in regard to the unpaid rent. Is the money raised so far from the fighting fund (I think in excess of £5,000) enough to cover this important outlay?

Not as I heard it

I heard they owed for nine meetings at £1,500 per meeting making a debt of £13,500.

The fighting fund is growing rapidly. I'm sure we'll get there

The fund this is only trying to meet current debts? It looks a major task to also be able to subside future costs in getting Birmingham back in the speedway fold - but best wishes for the success of the fighting funds. It's a worthy cause.

Odd no one has mentioned GD interview on Radio WM, He was so incensed in what was said he called the radio station, so they interviewed him, Mark Regan asked him " what is your views on what Phillips said, his answer " A load of baloney" classic

His piece in todays Birmngham Mail also made for very interesting reading

Not on line yet-could you give a precis of what he said in the article.

I still cannot find a Link in regard to Graham Drury's interview in the 'Birmingham Mail.' Can anyone provide it please. Thanx.

Your post could come back to bite you...

While making indirect criticisms of other posters you should be careful of your own facts,, one is assuming that what was heard on the radio were facts??

I admire your sincere and obvious optimism but it might be distorting your facts..

And as has been previously stated the only negotiations I am aware of are with an individual who is offering to loan the promotion £25000, I have not see any statement that an individual/s are offering to take over the Brummies............. but I do hope you are right... ;)

Gustix. in answer to one of your posts . it does seem that some posters see Mole as some sort of speedway philanthropist I would suggest this is a mistaken view, Quite obviously he is a very hard nosed businessman who makes money from speedway and he is a multi millionaire . In my view he craftily sold Brum after the crowds peaked.

Edited by Nigel

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/901051552/MR-ANTHONY-EDGAR-MOLE

firstly, what Mole said was that he'd offered £5,000 for plant and equipment such as the tractors and the air fence

secondly, when pushed on whether or not he had actually made an offer to purchase the club, what he ACTUALLY SAID, was that he hadn't made a direct offer to Alan Phillips for the club but, admitted that he had made an offer to the BSPA to buy the club.

Mole declined to stipulate just how much he had offered the BSPA, ( knowing Tony, it would have been a cheekily LOW offer). Mole went on to say that the offer was declined by the BSPA who presumably felt he offer was unacceptable.

Mole may well prefer to purchase the club and start again next season but, he may well find that he's missed the boat because someone else beats him to it and purchases the club in the very near future .

Remember, The BSPA chairman, Harkness, Chris Van Stratten, and Graham Drury have all publicly stated that private and confidential talks are actively taking place with an un named person(s) with the sole intent of keeping the Brummies on track THIS SEAON,

Drury confirmed the current talks with someone who is interested in saving it now whilst saying he felt it would be better to leaved it until next season and starting again in the Premier League

The BSPA press release on Friday sated the same facts. Add into this that a leading light from the group organising the save our Brummies fund. has stated on our forum that said Harkness is flying down from Edinburgh at his own expense,to meet them.

It has been stated that there are talks with the GRA early next week to solve the problem of the unpaid stadium rental money and to try and get the team back on to their home track

you don't think all this is being done on a whim do you?

Expect the announcement of a new promotional team by the end of next week which will see the Brummies continue THIS SEASON and NO, it will not be led by Tony Mole.

Long Live The Brummies. We shall overcome and we shall survive.

I'd say you got your facts spot on and wish you and anyone else involved in attempting to keep the Brummies going every success - from what Graham Drury said, things look pretty optimistic.

The real problem with the interview was that the BSPA did not attend and Tony Mole became a sort of fall guy for them, being asked questions that he simply could not answer. It merely reinforces the view that they like to act in secret and are unable or unwilling to provide justifications for the actions that they take, a view that severely damages their credibility in the eyes of paying spectators.

• Like 5

Thanks for the reply. But I was more interested in Tony Mole's actual speedway background and involvement in the sport rather than a list of his business interests etc. Is there a "personality piece" article that I can read.

Thanks for the reply. But I was more interested in Tony Mole's actual speedway background and involvement in the sport rather than a list of his business interests etc. Is there a "personality piece" article that I can read.

Mole helped to revive Workington , Long Eaton & obviously Birmingham

Mole helped to revive Workington , Long Eaton & obviously Birmingham

. Plus he helped save wolves, oxford, kings Lynn??????????

I think Tony Mole's longest period at a club was actually Wolves (1986 until 2000), although it was very much a back seat position.

Strange that a journalist of your background in the sport should feel the need to ask members of a forum (that you are always denigrating) for information about someone who has been working as a promoter for over 20 years and, as others have said, has been involved in the resurrection of many previously defunct tracks.

Strange that a journalist of your background in the sport should feel the need to ask members of a forum (that you are always denigrating) for information about someone who has been working as a promoter for over 20 years and, as others have said, has been involved in the resurrection of many previously defunct tracks.

Although earlier this season he said he took no interest in the GP`s and the European scene-so I presume we can add the British scene to that list-shame he didn`t promote in New Zealand or USA as Gustix would have known all about him.