British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Birmingham season tickets will be honoured at Scunthorpe for the rest of the 2014 season.

All the best

Rob

But not at Wolverhampton (so far) :nono:

But not at Wolverhampton (so far) :nono:

Im sure it was announced earlier that Wolves and Cradley would honour Brummies season tickets.

Can we pull this thread now it's happened gone for this season.

Can we start a new one in another's topic please about how we can reorganize for next season with positive and helpful points only we are only to aware of the pitfalls so no need to keep pointing them out

2015 birmingham brummies campaign I'm signed up and ready for fighting #savethebrummies and fellow brummies or speedway fans please join our fight

• Like 2

They don't. But an incentive might persuade them to

Oldace is right.

Why shouldn't ideas to get speedway fans who might be otherwise lost to the sport be considered ?

Good post, glad you wrote that and not me... :t:

Hang on, people having a go at the Bees promotion for not offering Birmingham fans cheaper admission? I suppose the forum isnt the same without slagging off Horton. This must be a joke. They will honour Birmingham season tickets and anyone with a season ticket at any club can get into Brandon for a tenner, I dont know what more the man can do. Does more than most to entice fans to meetings.

Who's having a go at the Bee's promotion suggestions are being made, Ideas have to be tossed around, otherwise in 3 years time you will have no more EL speedway. and that will be fact.

I haven't thought this through however....

Why not a BSPA season ticket admitting the holder to any track in the country? Probably totally unworkable but it would certainly focus the minds at Rugby and maybe, just maybe, make the buggers work together :unsure:

• Like 1

Can we pull this thread now it's happened gone for this season.

Can we start a new one in another's topic please about how we can reorganize for next season with positive and helpful points only we are only to aware of the pitfalls so no need to keep pointing them out

2015 birmingham brummies campaign I'm signed up and ready for fighting #savethebrummies and fellow brummies or speedway fans please join our fight

Might as well keep this thread going. Still plenty to come into the public domain about the mismanagement of the Phillips regime (though I doubt we'll ever find out)

Feel free to start a Brummies 2015 thread in whichever league section you think most appropriate.

Hopefully the GRA can be persuaded to allow a new promotion in for next year, but I don't think they'll be too chuffed about getting shafted for the rent owed from 2014.

Will be interesting to see the revised EL table once the Brummies results are annulled.

Happy days

I have a very special affinity for Birmingham and am so sorry to hear the sad news. The fans, particularly those who purchased season tickets have been hard done by and my old friend Brian Buck who has worked so hard for this venue as he did for the Greyhound stadium across the way prior to the opening there in 1971.

It is amazing that this situation was allowed to happen, surely someone must have seen the red light.

Nice gesture that some of the other tracks have made in respect of Brummie Season Ticket holders,. Let's hope that something can be sorted out for 2015..

Colin Barber,

Im sure it was announced earlier that Wolves and Cradley would honour Brummies season tickets.

If that's correct then apologies from me are due. However I'm using the official site as my reference point and up to yet there's no mention of it and historically I would expect them to be shouting it from the rooftops.

Edited by Wolfsbane

Sad day for speedway!

Hopefully with interested persons already known, a £10,000 fighting fund that can be used to pay of the outstanding rental debts (which I suspect will be need to be paid before speedway returns to Perry Bar) the Birmingham Brummies can re emerge next season!

Any promotion starting a season should have the decency to at least finish it especially since they could have got out of it last November when they had an offer for the club!

• Like 1

Hopefully the GRA can be persuaded to allow a new promotion in for next year, but I don't think they'll be too chuffed about getting shafted for the rent owed from 2014.

I don’t know the full financial implications of how the club has been ended, but is it possible to use the fighting fund to pay off any outstanding debt to the GRA (away from any possible winding up/liquidation order where all creditors are equal) At least this will hopefully make the GRA more likely to welcome a new promotion in 2015. Also I hope the BSPA /fighting fund makes sure no Birmingham rider goes without pay.

*edit* just as i posted, 25yearfan, beat me to it about the fighting fund maybe being used to paying off the GRA

Edited by Pirio Barre

What i mean is you've honoured Birmingham season ticket holders for the remainder of the season which is a real nice jesture, it would be nice if you did something for the regular weekly paying [turnsyle] fans at Perry Barr. Now i don't know how you would go about that, as i said, maybe if they showed some form of ID they would get some sort of consession. just a thought. i would have thought the more fans you can get through your gate the better, swings and roundabouts and all that..

Some people have been watching too much Channel 4 and think that the Brummies gets its fans from Benefits Street.

Personally I think that the Birmingham supporters have enough pride and dignity not to need any offers of charity in this manner. Birmingham supporters are still speedway fans, not refugees. If they go to another track it will be with heads held high not on the lookout for the speedway equivalent of a blanket and a bowl of soup.

Edited by The Pedaler
  • Like 4

Feel free to start a Brummies 2015 thread in whichever league section you think most appropriate.

I look forward to reading the thread with the title “The all new adventures of the Birmingham Brummies”

Edited by Pirio Barre

I don’t know the full financial implications of how the club has been ended, but is it possible to use the fighting fund to pay off any outstanding debt to the GRA (away from any possible winding up/liquidation order where all creditors are equal) At least this will hopefully make the GRA more likely to welcome a new promotion in 2015.

As I roughly explained several pages ago, the following scenario is totally possible ...

Firstly, make sure the fighting fund's never made available to the busted speedway company so it never becomes an asset of that busted company ...

Then, if the fighting fund's organizers feel catching-up the track-rent is the top priority towards any resumption of the Brummies, try to strike a private deal with the GRA to use part/all of that fighting fund to settle what they're owed by the busted company so that the GRA withdraw entirely from any list of creditors awaiting any degree of payment from the dregs of the busted company when it's finally wound up ...

If the GRA choose not to feature on the eventual list of creditors sharing out those dregs, there's not much the rest of the creditors can do about it beyond moaning that they feel hard done by.

Yes, there's also the downside for the fighting fund organizers that such a policy will probably alienate at least some of those remaining creditors from then supporting any revival of the Brummies ... hence, ultimately, it's a question of fully ranking the whole list of creditors in a brutal order of who's the most important for the future to settle-up with and then seeing how far down the order of that list the fighting fund will cover (or, if it can be done, striking separate deals to satisfy each creditor as far along working through that list as possible).

Admittedly, in the Brummies' specific case, they don't just need to square up financially with the GRA to make proper progress ... they also need the GRA's goodwill to welcome aboard any new speedway promotion for 2015 and that aspect of the repair-work between the Brummies and the GRA could be even tougher than stumping up whatever rent's already owed.

Edited by arthur cross