British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Also from what I can see on twitter, a small number of Brummies fans protested outside his offices ( in Solihull?) today.

https://twitter.com/brummiespeedway/status/492265857402535936

and He called the Police

https://twitter.com/brummiespeedway/status/492320602511114241

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 2

I listened to this program today and Alan Phillips tried to portray himself as the victim and the knight in shinning armour just waiting to step in and heroically save the Brummies.Its amazing how all this money has amazingly materialised just as the Brummies have been removed from the league and their results expunged.This guy is a charlatan,only 2 weeks ago he told us there was no debt,now there is debt (he says £45,000,Tony Mole says it is more,I know who I believe).When asked if he had the money to pay it off he said "yes" then backtracked to say almost.If Alan Phillips wanted so much to save the Brummies why did he not do it last week when there was hope rather than after the club was liquidated and past the point of return.Blaming the BSPA is just a public relations exercise to hopefully paint himself as the good guy rather than the villain,he should be thanking the BSPA,they were paying the riders last week while Phillips was sitting on his hands.I don't believe for one minute Phillips has the cash or any intention to see the continuation of speedway at Birmingham he just wants to save face !My sympathies are with the supporters !They say its hope that kills you !

Said this at the time and I haven't seen anything today to change my mind !
  • Like 3

I read it has a pint and burger for a fiver.

It says in the article that Administrators have been appointed. I guess whoever is likely to take over will be trying to do a deal to buy whatever assets are not subject to any form of retention of title.

the guy at the back with the peaky cap and shifty sunglasses is his name Eric.....

Are you sure it isn't Stan?

Every time I see a picture of that man I want to throttle him, keep fighting brummies as a Speedway fan I can completely feel your pain now I am not afraid to admit I cried the day my old club Bradford shut down its not nice at all.

I hope Birmingham continue in Speedway in some capacity and can find some real die hard person or consortium to take over the helms.

• Like 1

I read it has a pint and burger for a fiver.

Having re-read it you are correct, A stray comma left it open to misinterpretation :D

If it is the case that the administrators have been bought in to liquidate the club. There is a question mark over who will own the track? I am of course aware of who owns the ground the track is laid upon but the actual materials laid to create the race track are I believe the property of Alan Phillips company Birmingham Brummies Ltd. So who will end up with the ownership of said track?

If it is the case that the administrators have been bought in to liquidate the club. There is a question mark over who will own the track? I am of course aware of who owns the ground the track is laid upon but the actual materials laid to create the race track are I believe the property of Alan Phillips company Birmingham Brummies Ltd. So who will end up with the ownership of said track?

This will be subject to the terms and conditions of the lease agreement with the GRA, as I understand it the reinstatement clause was removed when perpetual planning consent was granted. This would usually be replaced by a static clause of rights of the landowner. As such any modifications or improvement have to be approved in writing by the landlord and remain his property by right. It is not uncommon for a landlord to own the right to any betterment but be in a position to claim against the Tennant if the actions jeopardise the value of the property. One of the perils of commercial renting

I appreciate alan put a lot of cash into the club and it was losing money but the interview is an insult to the fans that supported the club. Hes living in dreamland saying hes the best promoter theyve had??!!

If he was so good at promoting crowds would be bigger?? Reckons would have got 3-4000 there if july 2nd meet had gone ahead- really?????

Says no problem with gra but blames them- among others- for closing.

Still says hes a brummie fan but has screwed the real fans, some of who are out of pocket and admits riders not paid for last meeting at home- probably longer if other debts to br believed. If it ever reopens after the mess hes left i cant see how he can ever set foot in there again.

• Like 1

Makes you wonder what planet he lives on. Still, he is an accountant :sad:

Make that a "creative accountant". Think I'll stick with the one I use!!