British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

FFS - :drink:

Agree

Its a shame that this thread, which should be dedicated to the fight to bring back the Brummies, has decended into farce and arguments. Shame on those of you joining in.

Check who started it mate before you make assertions....

Are you sure it isn't Stan?

LOL, could be you lover acting on advice ???????

Stan Boghead

Dont bring me into your personal fetish, :blink:

Just to put the record straight. There was no confrontation when a group of us (about 15 in all) assembled outside Alan Phillips' office this morning. Mr Phillips had been tipped off by some unknown person, that we were coming and a policeman was present (apparently at the request of Mr Phillips although we don't know that for certain.)

We explained to the police officer that our intention was to present Mr Phillips with a letter from the supporters' club asking him to do the decent thing and pay off his debts rather than leave them for someone else to pay off. He accepted the letter without comment and then said much the same things as had appeared in the Speedway Star article - ie that everyone but himself was to blame for the demise of the club, and ending by saying that his face "didn't fit" as far as the BSPA were concerned.

None of us were happy with his explanations or his claims but at no time did the situation become threatening or abusive, and before we dispersed, the police officer thanked us for the way that we had conducted ourselves and remarked that it was the calmest and most peaceful demonstration he had ever been at.

What a joke, the stated fifteen who pre arranged the turn out must have leaked to someone who then passed on the info on.....................

Agree

What a joke, the stated fifteen who pre arranged the turn out must have leaked to someone who then passed on the info on.....................

So from the fifteen, how many were supporters club members, how many were not...........or how had another agenda after getting the nod.........the plot thickens... :sad:

This will be subject to the terms and conditions of the lease agreement with the GRA, as I understand it the reinstatement clause was removed when perpetual planning consent was granted. This would usually be replaced by a static clause of rights of the landowner. As such any modifications or improvement have to be approved in writing by the landlord and remain his property by right. It is not uncommon for a landlord to own the right to any betterment but be in a position to claim against the Tennant if the actions jeopardise the value of the property. One of the perils of commercial renting

Thanks

Agree

So from the fifteen, how many were supporters club members, how many were not...........or how had another agenda after getting the nod.........the plot thickens... :sad:

Hey people you. you gonna kill yourselves and what you want if you dont all come together.................what dya reckon Deano and buddies

Still says hes a brummie fan

Well, he would say that, wouldn't he?

If it ever reopens after the mess hes left i cant see how he can ever set foot in there again.

Not if, but when Birmingham Speedway reopens, even someone as thick skinned as Alan Phillips will realise there won't be a cordial welcome for him.

The part of the interview which really interested me was the £20,000 payment due in March 2015 from Tony Mole if the Brummies were still operating. Strange how when you buy something, the seller ends up owing you money. But I reckon it's one reason why Tony Mole was very anti Phillips at the time of the collapse, as Phillips had let into the public domain something that should have stayed strictly confidential between both parties. The version Charles Phillips gave during the now infamous radio interview a couple of weeks ago was that the money was the last down payment on the Danny King transfer, and the amount was £24,000 - doesn't look anything like that now.

It just goes to show that if you tell lies, make sure you're good at it. And remember what's been said to who at what time, and what has been previously stated publically.

Edited by Leicester Hunter

Ellow, ello, ellow........whats been goin on then - Sir / Madam..................something you and your friend may wish to say upon the fifteen regarding a tip off?????

Ellow, ello, ellow........whats been goin on then - Sir / Madam..................something you and your friend may wish to say upon the fifteen regarding a tip off?????

The Birmingham 15...............it gets better or worse, what dya think Deano and friends..........

Make that a "creative accountant". Think I'll stick with the one I use!!

An apprentice who learned the "gift" from Enron perhaps?

An apprentice who learned the "gift" from Enron perhaps?

You never know!!! But I can't believe that any Accountant would let the situation develop the way it apparently did.

Is it legal to transfer cash flow between businesses you own? Just a question not an accusation..... :oops:

Ello, ello ello......

I find it truly incredulous that anyone would ever consider employing Mr. Philips' apparent skills as an accountant when one of his own businesses has basically gone bankrupt; with considerable debts outstanding.

I think I'd rather take financial advice from George Osborne. Then again, perhaps not. ;)

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Ello, ello ello......

I am sorry but I don't understand too much of the reasoning your Posts at the moment on this Thread.

I am not a 'Brummie' Supporter - I am, however, very concerned about their future. I feel the same about any Track that closes. My own Track closed Forty years ago at Sunderland.

I find it sad that you are, or seem to be, on a 'wind up'. You may think me a humourless old fool but I don't really think this is appropriate under the circumstances.

Do you?

• Like 2

Is it legal to transfer cash flow between businesses you own? Just a question not an accusation..... :oops:

LEGALLY - each Limited company is a seperate legal entity, belonging to the shareholders. There is nothing stopping one or two shareholders owning several or many limited companies. Therefore, there is nothing illegal about Alan and Charles Philips being sole shareholders of Birmingham Brummies Ltd (or whatever it was called) AND Phillips Fantasy Accounting Ltd AND Whatevertheywant Ltd etc The minimum capitalisation needed to open a new limited company is just £100. That's all the shareholding needs to be. After that what assets it accumulates, or what debts it racks up are a seperate issue. One company can be cash rich and "reward its directors" with flashy new cars, whilst at the same time another company could owe loads of money and maybe go bust. They are two seperate legal entities, and are only linked by common director with his share ownership.

Each of those limited companies will have books that will monitor all cash comings and goings. You can't just do bank account transfers between two companies, however if a company is very profitable and has cash to splash, it could "buy an investment" in one of the other companies, or it could buy a cheap product at a hugely inflated price (there are no laws that govern what price cheap tat has to be sold at) or the cash rich company could pay its director a dividend, which that director could invest into the debt ridden company. All very legal, and all very objective, as there are laws which govern these things. Bear in mind too that Philips, being an accountant will be best suited to how to make his money work best for him in these circumstances.

What's MORAL, HONOURABLE, and DECENT - now that's another set of questions...and one that begs subjective answers, no two of which will ever be quite the same.

• Like 3

I am sorry but I don't understand too much of the reasoning your Posts at the moment on this Thread.

I am not a 'Brummie' Supporter - I am, however, very concerned about their future. I feel the same about any Track that closes. My own Track closed Forty years ago at Sunderland.

I find it sad that you are, or seem to be, on a 'wind up'. You may think me a humourless old fool but I don't really think this is appropriate under the circumstances.

Do you?

Dear Sir. I think you have to get to the roots of the discussion - before casting doubt on parts of the public who from history made something from nothing, the crux of the matter is that many,many have short memories and wish to denounce the efforts from the past - yet now want to abuse......... but let them.....

I find it truly incredulous that anyone would ever consider employing Mr. Philips' apparent skills as an accountant when one of his own businesses has basically gone bankrupt; with considerable debts outstanding.

There are accountants who are employed purely for their skills in setting up trading companies, letting them run up a debt, whilst their shareholders get paid dividents, and then winding them up again, as "administrators", or "liquidators". BBC's Watchdog has featured some of these in the past. Because directors of companies are not personally responsible for the debts of the company (unlike sole traders of non-limited companies) then they can get away with these things all the time. Accountants know all the loopholes and know exactly how to best go about "playing the system". It's what they get paid for!

I think I'd rather take financial advice from George Osborne. The again, perhaps not. ;)

With the debts racked up, it sounds more like he's come from the Ed Balls school of economics, whereby you spend what you don't have and leave others to pick up the tab.
  • Like 3