British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrcts

An Open Letter To David Hemsley

Get a group up to do it on a race night?

Theres no point in getting petitions or approaching Hemsley face to face ,all that will get is the instigator banned from Beaumont Park ( No , Thats not a joke or a dig , it's a fact ) The first two riders to ride BP, KK and Parker both told Hemsley the straights were too long and the turns too narrow , Since that time and over the last 3 seasons he has been told 100's of times , and more than enough backroom staff, sponsors , riders and supporters have left the club in acrimonious circumstances after altercations with Hemsley about the track. 3 seasons back , a mere mention of St David and his god awful track being less than top notch would have brought torrents of abuse to the poster Instantly , but even the most stalwart of Hemsleyites have now jumped ship and a comment about the state of Hemsleys promotion, behaviour towards his volunteer staff, riders and supporters is more likely to spur approval than rebuke , Only one person still posts positively about Hemsley on these pages and TBH nobody takes any notice because of them because some of the posts are downright silly , Nero fiddled while Rome burned , and Helmsley is doing the same at BP .

Here's why you're beating your head against a brick wall with regards to bringing about any change

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.25838

Worth a read. Some really funny stuff in there.

After reading that I don't know wether to laugh or cry.........does he really believe what he says or is he trying to baffle us with smoke and mirrors?

Who cares about a bloody grandstand, spend the money on the track.

I haven't gone away the discussion just does nothing for me. So don't participate....end if chat

I haven't gone away the discussion just does nothing for me. So don't participate....end if chat

I don't think anyone cares if you have gone away......you've got a vested interest in the club with Long Eaton riding there.....typical hanger-on!

I don't think anyone cares if you have gone away......you've got a vested interest in the club with Long Eaton riding there.....typical hanger-on!

Best of luck with your petition and campaign but like I say

bored now ...zzzzzzzz

Edited by TMW

TMW, are you saying there is nothing wrong with the track?

I wouldn't have a clue...I don't ride myself.

What I do know is on the more up to date sites the discussion has moved on to less Jurasic matters like the team and race night. More refreshing!!!

Edited by TMW

What I do know is on the more up to date sites the discussion has moved on to less Jurasic matters like the team and race night. More refreshing!!!

where?

But you do spectate don't you Tina? It's the spectators who say this - not the riders. The people who pay money to watch speedway racing. Simply dismissing the discussion as 'boring' doesn't alter their opinions, their future non-attendance and subsequently their financial backing of the club. It's a serious subject and when many of your customers aren't happy then any business should pay heed to that. It's common sense. Obviously it doesn't affect me as I don't attend anymore but this is a forum and issues such as the track will continually get debated until the issue is resolved. The only way to make it go away is for something to be done about it. The racing is the thing that's boring - and therein lies the problem.

• Like 3

But you do spectate don't you Tina? It's the spectators who say this - not the riders. The people who pay money to watch speedway racing. Simply dismissing the discussion as 'boring' doesn't alter their opinions, their future non-attendance and subsequently their financial backing of the club. It's a serious subject and when many of your customers aren't happy then any business should pay heed to that. It's common sense. Obviously it doesn't affect me as I don't attend anymore but this is a forum and issues such as the track will continually get debated until the issue is resolved. The only way to make it go away is for something to be done about it. The racing is the thing that's boring - and therein lies the problem.

I only said I hadn't gone away as other posters had alluded to. I just don't find the discussion doesn't do it for me anymore ....end of chat

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

I only said I hadn't gone away as other posters had alluded to. I just don't find the discussion doesn't do it for me anymore ....end of chat

Assuming the double negative was accidental, no doubt it'll be "end of chat" until next time you join in to tell the world of your tedium.

• Like 1

Could I maybe turn all the negativity around? People saying that there are hundreds or thousands that are staying away due to the track and poor racing. It has been mentioned about a petition, but people say that will fall on deaf ears, So having thought about it, would it not be an idea to get together all the people who say they will return if things are changed, meet out side the stadium and show DH just exactly how many paying customers he is missing out on. If the numbers are as you all say they are then he could not ignore you. As they say strength in numbers. I would suggest you do it in a peaceful manner without any attack on DH directly, or personal abuse. You never know?

Could I maybe turn all the negativity around? People saying that there are hundreds or thousands that are staying away due to the track and poor racing. It has been mentioned about a petition, but people say that will fall on deaf ears, So having thought about it, would it not be an idea to get together all the people who say they will return if things are changed, meet out side the stadium and show DH just exactly how many paying customers he is missing out on. If the numbers are as you all say they are then he could not ignore you. As they say strength in numbers. I would suggest you do it in a peaceful manner without any attack on DH directly, or personal abuse. You never know?

That's never going to happen is it......people are generally apathetic to any form of protest!.......what happens is that if they don't like what they are watching they don't go again meaning most of those who deem the racing poor at best never give the track another chance and find other things to do.

I also think that racing on Saturdays will eventually hack off the supporters........Far,far too many guests.