British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton V Swindon Monday 30th June

Seems a lot of apathy, considering 2 of the GP finalists are on show.

Put simply Wolves need to bounce back after last weeks mauling by the Stars or we can kiss goodbye to fighting for a top 4 place.

Instinct says 47-43

• Like 1

The robins could get a point tonight or even more if Piotr has another meeting like he did last week. Also both Steve and Nathan race at the track for Cradley

This would have been a good meeting for sky, so I will be listening to the excellent BBCwm rather than watching Eastbourne.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

This should be the Sky meeting. Eastbourne Is a dreadful racing track.

• Like 4

This should be the Sky meeting. Eastbourne Is a dreadful racing track.

Next month they are showing Leicester Eastbourne, now that will be dreadful, but I assume they are sharing the sky money around the tracks.

Will be interesting to see what bikes Troy & Kiiller are on tonight but not expecting anything but an 8-12 point defeat.

Once again, if you are in any doubt as to why speedway in this country simply will never grow, you only have to listen to the presentation at Wolverhampton tonight.

It's the build up to the start of an 'extreme' sport and you've just got a doddering old announcer giving out 'dedications'. Followed by the 'Whose cheering for Tai Woffinden".. "Oh no you can do better than that... Whose cheering for Tai Woffinden"... cue muted cheer of same level as before "Ah that's better".

Utterly cringeworthy and dated. As it was 20 years ago.

• Like 3

Just turned the stream off I am not going to watch us take a battering.

How can you do such a thing!

You'll miss Fred and Edna's 50th wedding anniversary dedication and Peter York give them a wave in the restaurant. It will be gripping stuff that will have those in attendance hooked.

Also Marjorie has knitted a Tai Woffinden sweater and the rumour is after heat 9 it will be announced she's going to wear it on the coach to Cardiff!!

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

What a great meeting for Wolves to bounce back after last week's mauling with Swindon in town.

Painful to watch.

• Like 1

Disgusting performance from us. Piotr Pawlicki & Tai Woffinden are winning by country miles.

Just like the first meeting then & doesn't help that Killer is rolling at the start & keeps missing the gate.

Simple fact is we ain't good enough.

At least we know where Troy & Peter's best bikes are & I don't blame them for that at all.

Well done to Wolves on another solid team performance with Tai & Little Pawlicki a different gravy.

Agree PK has been winding me up all night by rolling at the starts. PK is just punishing himself all night.

Agree next season either Batch or PK need to go and we need to get a proven EL No.1 in. Batch and PK are both like No.5s in my opinion.

Not sure I'd get rid of either but Killer is going all out for his individual stuff this season & can you really blame him for that?.

Swindon were screwed with choices of 2nd strings really & thank god for Steve Worrall who has been fantastic.

• Like 1