Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton V Swindon Monday 30th June

Just like the first meeting then & doesn't help that Killer is rolling at the start & keeps missing the gate.

Simple fact is we ain't good enough.

At least we know where Troy & Peter's best bikes are & I don't blame them for that at all.

Well done to Wolves on another solid team performance with Tai & Little Pawlicki a different gravy.

Agreed, we're just not good enough, Killer and Batch let us down tonight..(who really cares though)..

Am enjoying the Swedish/Danish mic man though...

• Like 1

Agree PK has been winding me up all night by rolling at the starts. PK is just punishing himself all night.

Agree next season either Batch or PK need to go and we need to get a proven EL No.1 in. Batch and PK are both like No.5s in my opinion.

With that logic that would mean there are only 2 or 3 proven EL No.1's actually racing in the EL

Not a good performance, Wolves deserved to win as only Steve did well.

• Like 1

No you can't blame Killer and Yes if it wasn't for young Steve then I really think we would be 10th.

Could try to get Hans back.

I was thinking the same only took 15 Heats but we got there lol.

Took 30 Heats as they both got maximums the last time we went their this season.

• Like 1

After Batch and Kildemand's performances in the GP I am quietly confident of taking 3 points tonight.

The boys let you down then!

Once again, if you are in any doubt as to why speedway in this country simply will never grow, you only have to listen to the presentation at Wolverhampton tonight.

It's the build up to the start of an 'extreme' sport and you've just got a doddering old announcer giving out 'dedications'. Followed by the 'Whose cheering for Tai Woffinden".. "Oh no you can do better than that... Whose cheering for Tai Woffinden"... cue muted cheer of same level as before "Ah that's better".

Utterly cringeworthy and dated. As it was 20 years ago.

To be fair Porkie is great entertainment. WHERE IS OUR PORKIE????? :nono:

• Like 1

Think we all expected more of a challenge from the guys of the moment and that should have truly inspired the Robins. However their league form is so indifferent. Batchelor seems more happy to look after team partners instead of transforming that Danish form and chase fellow heat leaders. He just doesn't seem all that bothered or good enough.

Kildemand likewise was plain average besides his easiest heat tactical win. Yet another rider not bothering to finish a race in heat 13. Perhaps if you tried harder you wouldn't be so far adrift. :icon_smile_clown:

Heat 8 was the turning point for both clubs IMHO - a 5-1 for the Robins (and they were capable) would have turned the match but the indifferent Wells/Proctor partnership came good when it mattered.

Not sure if we were that much better or the Robins just plain average? Probably both if i`m honest.

Very little to get excited about racing wise and a bit of a stop start meeting early on.

Not the most exciting meeting i have watched this season.

WOLVES

WOFFY - Back to his best with some excellent team riding. 5/5 MOTM

JACOB - won the races he was meant to and challenged Kildemand in heat 1. 3/5

WELLS - Did his job in heat 8 but struggled in the other heats 1.5/5

TY - A bit of everything from Ty tonight. His easiest heat and vital heat 14 turned out to be his worst meaning pressure back on the big boys in Heat 15. Remains a bit of a concern. 2/5

PIOTR - super quick, Made Woffy look like a slow coach. Had some bike problems in Heat 15 that put pay to his maximum. Back to the Piotr we love. 4.5/5

JOE - Improved on last week but had no answer to one of the Drafts finests. 2/5

TOM - much better tho looks a bit of a liability on a bike! Certainly battling hard for his points. 2.5/5

ROBINS

Kildemand - a rather off key night. Expected more but the entertainer must have been on a break. 1.5/5

North - Was this the same rider that scored ten last time out? 2 falls. one in a winning position. Ordinary. 0.5/5

Morris - was at least worth more points for effort put in. 2/5

Gustaffson - got better as the meeting wore on. 3/5

Batchelor - the usual league performance, very ordinary and nondescript. 2/5

Worrall - Star man for the Robins and beat Proctor. 4/5

• Like 1

Good to get back to winning ways against a domed Swindon team. Not the best of meetings, but in view of whats happened at our neighbours, then its better than nothing

Seeing how woeful the Wolves were last week, I imagine this would be a much closer affair with the Robins getting at least a point. But yet again, my predictability was way off. It seems the Robins performance was subdued and the Wolves bounced back with a vengeance.

Agree PK has been winding me up all night by rolling at the starts. PK is just punishing himself all night.

Agree next season either Batch or PK need to go and we need to get a proven EL No.1 in. Batch and PK are both like No.5s in my opinion.

Some on here have said about proper No.1's and that Swindon don't feel they are strong in that department. With the current state of our league racing, Both Killer and Batch are top riders and could easily fill a no.1 spot. They have the ability to beat any rival, Probably their mind-set needs addressing. and that's all about motivation.

But don't kid yourself they're not good enough, the showing in the SGP at the weekend proves they are.

Seeing how woeful the Wolves were last week, I imagine this would be a much closer affair with the Robins getting at least a point. But yet again, my predictability was way off. It seems the Robins performance was subdued and the Wolves bounced back with a vengeance.

Some on here have said about proper No.1's and that Swindon don't feel they are strong in that department. With the current state of our league racing, Both Killer and Batch are top riders and could easily fill a no.1 spot. They have the ability to beat any rival, Probably their mind-set needs addressing. and that's all about motivation.

But don't kid yourself they're not good enough, the showing in the SGP at the weekend proves they are.

They are both good enough & in my view are both concentrating on individual stuff this season & Poland & I for one don't blame them for that.

Both would've had to have 10 point averages for this Swindon team to have a chance of making the play offs.

They are both good enough & in my view are both concentrating on individual stuff this season & Poland & I for one don't blame them for that.

Both would've had to have 10 point averages for this Swindon team to have a chance of making the play offs.

Yeah, I hear what you say, but you cant hold those two riders responsible for the inadequacies of the rest of the team.....That Buck stops with the Manager's Selections, Team Spirit and Motivation ......

Yeah, I hear what you say, but you cant hold those two riders responsible for the inadequacies of the rest of the team.....That Buck stops with the Manager's Selections, Team Spirit and Motivation ......

Not holding them responsible at all as this team was doomed from the outset & was saying that those 2 can only do so much.

That's why I said about a 10 point average as it just wasn't going to happen.

Edited by Crazy robin

I Think Morris has been the biggest problem this year ..to me two seasons ago I really thought he was going to reach the top but over the last two seasons he just been treading water . This years team was build on him being a being a big improver and thou the new format makes it hard for him I think his form for Swindon and in Pl has been poor .

• Like 1