British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon Robins Vs Kings Lynn Stars (thurs 3rd July)

35 (incl tactical) 57.....total mismatch coming up

Give the Robins a bit of credit ;) !..will now go 38-54 without Worrall. The rest really need to step up to the plate, after the last home meeting when they threw it away.

Charles Wright in for tomorrow. Friday's replacement may be a tad harder to find! And a lot lower down that list

Coventry have had problems replacing Garitty for home meetings. You're looking at Lambert or similar.

Coventry have had problems replacing Garitty for home meetings. You're looking at Lambert or similar.

Indeed, not ideal. With 8 PL teams in action, 4 EL teams and 2 NL teams I think the top 20 or so in the Draft are automatically ruled out

• Like 1

Indeed, not ideal. With 8 PL teams in action, 4 EL teams and 2 NL teams I think the top 20 or so in the Draft are automatically ruled out

Bloody ridiculous situation!!!.

• Like 3

Lewis Rose withdrawn from meeting tonight.

Will steve worrell be here or with Edinburgh at redcar

Charles Wright a very good guest for him

That's where the draft is flawed. We have Garrity scoring 3,3,3,2,3 at Brandon and then next meeting we have to use riders 20th and below to cover him when he's 3rd on list

Welcome back English! Looking forward to this but can only see a complete trashing of the Robins and it takes a lot for me to say that!

Agreed, total annihilation due-if it don't drizzle a bit at 7:20pm!

Cheers Chalks....

That's where the draft is flawed. We have Garrity scoring 3,3,3,2,3 at Brandon and then next meeting we have to use riders 20th and below to cover him when he's 3rd on list

Its no different to rider replacement for a number one and there is hardly any suitable guests available and you have to choose a second string standard rider or a rider with a much lower average.

No different at all.

• Like 1

Well, I'm not going to be negative about tonight! Swindon win by 2-4 Thank you.

• Like 3

With his omission from the GB SWC squad lets hope young Robert bangs in a nice double figure tonight to show what Team GB is missing out on :)

As much as it pains me to say this, but I think Rosco was right in leaving Lambert out.. ....... I believe he is too young and still learning his trade. His time will come no doubt, a lot sooner than some expected. He's going along quite well at the moment, scoring good points. Lets not rush him.....

In a couple of years time, he'll be the first name on the list, well probably second, and there wont be any doubt of his inclusion.. Let just wait.......

Post edit: Would still like him to score double figures tonight though...........

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

As much as it pains me to say this, but I think Rosco was right in leaving Lambert out.. ....... I believe he is too young and still learning his trade. His time will come no doubt, a lot sooner than some expected. He's going along quite well at the moment, scoring good points. Lets not rush him.....

In a couple of years time, he'll be the first name on the list, well probably second, and there wont be any doubt of his inclusion.. Let just wait.......

Post edit: Would still like him to score double figures tonight though...........

Agree with all that but wouldn't it be nice if he could be in the pits as a mechanic etc in the same way the Aussies have their youngsters there. He would get a helluva lot of experience out of it with no pressure on him at all. He could even be Rosco's prog filler inner :wink: Same goes for Garrity and Blackbird, have them in there to gain experience, even if only to see how the likes of Hancock behave when under pressure to do well for their nation.

• Like 4

Agree with all that but wouldn't it be nice if he could be in the pits as a mechanic etc in the same way the Aussies have their youngsters there. He would get a helluva lot of experience out of it with no pressure on him at all. He could even be Rosco's prog filler inner :wink: Same goes for Garrity and Blackbird, have them in there to gain experience, even if only to see how the likes of Hancock behave when under pressure to do well for their nation.

Makes sense that to me, I seem to recall pretty much EVERY Aussie riding in the UK at the time was in the pits supporting their team in the 2012 semi at the Norfolk Arena.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks