British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon Robins Vs Kings Lynn Stars (thurs 3rd July)

Well !! It had to happen, the "Real Rockin Robins" turned up and showed what they are capable of. Delighted with all the team and our guest Charles last night, feel sorry for anyone who missed it. Was nice to hear Dakota say the atmosphere in the team was good, they showed they were all up for it. Rosco said he wanted a win and they duly obliged, bet he is delighted. Good luck at Coventry tonight you Robins :t:

• Like 1

Swindon seem as indifferent and unpredictable as Wolves this season!

But fair play to the Robins for being the 1st team to take all points off the Stars this year so far, that was a big ask.

Swindon seem as indifferent and unpredictable as Wolves this season!

But fair play to the Robins for being the 1st team to take all points off the Stars this year so far, that was a big ask.

If they put in the same effort next week they will also beat those pesky Pirates.

• Like 4

If they put in the same effort next week they will also beat those pesky Pirates.

Can't wait for that one :lol:

• Like 1

How did you manage to get the stream on a big screen?

Connected the computer up to a 48" flat screen.. Then Magnify the settings on the computer....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

If you have SMART TV you can link the output from your laptop to the telly wirelessly so i'd imagine they did it that way?

I was a fairly early adopter, my big LG tv is not smart, but it has A VGA IN socket, I connect my laptop and mirror the laptop on it....

• Like 1

Great result for the Robins, and thanks to Charles Wright, who on the night was as good as Steve. Our second strings easily beat the stars and our heat leaders, apart from Troys first two rides showed what they could do.

We need to do that every week at Blunsdon.

Too many pessimists predicted we would get beaten.

Also enjoyed the second half, we need one more often.

i wa one of them pessimists Orlovski. That said, delighted with the result. The Robins continue to be the Jekyll and Hyde of the EL though
  • Like 1

Jack went round at the end with a few others including Nathan, it was not a race but he looked good.

Jack Holder did some more laps at poole on Wednesday - looked smooth - and we carried an interview with him in the programme from his visit the previous week.

Looks like he will be over next year and will do at least one season in the PL out of choice.

Edited by Skidder1

Great result for the Robins, and thanks to Charles Wright, who on the night was as good as Steve. Our second strings easily beat the stars and our heat leaders, apart from Troys first two rides showed what they could do.

We need to do that every week at Blunsdon.

Too many pessimists predicted we would get beaten.

Also enjoyed the second half, we need one more often.

I was a major pessimist and was at least honest enough to say so on here after the meeting-I was in raptures over the way the Rockins went about it-blinking good stuff, let's have more!

• Like 4

Jack Holder did some more laps at poole on Wednesday - looked smooth - and we carried an interview with him in the programme from his visit the previous week.

Looks like he will be over next year and will do at least one season in the PL out of choice.

Let's hope he takes after Chris rather than James then! :wink:

• Like 1

Let's hope he takes after Chris rather than James then! :wink:

He will be decent i believe, had a decent Aussie season, also he took his time on what he wants to do.Is he not going for his exams and get himself a trade? before he embarks on his speedway career.?

No doubt he will be signing for Poole though Sidders.

• Like 1