British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

too many.. crowd wise its stagnated

CONSIDERING how many fewer people are attending British speedway these days even a "stagnated" crowd is quite an achievement.

See no reason why the British GP won't stay at the Millennium for the foreseeable future. It's a perfect fit for BSI, the Millennium and the local authorities and tradesmen.

• Like 9

I love going to Cardiff, we have a great day out including the racing, The only time you can go to a speedway meeting knowing it willl be on.

• Like 2

I love going to Cardiff, we have a great day out including the racing, The only time you can go to a speedway meeting knowing it willl be on.

Yes and I said the same in Gelsenkirchen 2 hours before it was called off :mad:

• Like 1

I live twelve miles from Cardiff, I work in Cardiff, and STILL no-one knows it's on, and even if a few of them do, they still don't take it seriously. The occasional motocross stunt event or monster truck event has a higher profile. The Cardiff GP may continue to attract hard core fans from around the UK for a few years yet but unless it's played with a ball Welsh sports fans don't want to know.

Shame on BSI!!! They aren't too good at their job eh!!

• Like 1

Shame on BSI!!! They aren't too good at their job eh!!

Don't get me wrong Trees....I love the day out for the Cardiff GP. Great stadium, great cosmopolitan city but usually a rubbish track with only average racing. But you try telling most Cardiffians that a world class sporting event is taking place in their city and most of them won't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. That's why Cardiff will never get any bigger than it is. I'm lucky...I can go there for the day out and then go home and watch it on TV. I went for the first ten years but no more....

Don't get me wrong Trees....I love the day out for the Cardiff GP. Great stadium, great cosmopolitan city but usually a rubbish track with only average racing. But you try telling most Cardiffians that a world class sporting event is taking place in their city and most of them won't have the slightest idea what you're talking about. That's why Cardiff will never get any bigger than it is. I'm lucky...I can go there for the day out and then go home and watch it on TV. I went for the first ten years but no more....

Since BSI bought some decent shale about 3/4 years ago(apart from last years storage problems) instead of hiring in every year the racing has improved considerably-so you travel there, spend the day there and then go home without going to the meeting-I suppose it takes all sorts !

• Like 1

Since BSI bought some decent shale about 3/4 years ago(apart from last years storage problems) instead of hiring in every year the racing has improved considerably-so you travel there, spend the day there and then go home without going to the meeting-I suppose it takes all sorts !

Yes that's what I do... because I love the craic (during the day in the city) and because it's easy (for me) to do it. That's my choice.... I have to agree with you that the racing can, occasionally, be reasonable. But it's nothing like it should be for an event of this stature. I prefer 'real' Speedway tracks. Bydgoszcz?.....now you're talking....!

To be fair Wales isn't a hotbed for speedway unlike the sticky out bit on the other side of the country lol And until, if ever, BSI manage to get their competition more widely known, yeah it won't grow!

The World Champ is doing his best mind ....

• Like 1

because I love the craic (during the day in the city)

Quite a agree, the social side has turned into the best bit over the years and the speedway meeting has almost become an interruption.

i stand by what i said, cardiff has stagnated, it needs to be in england

You could have a British GP at Cardiff and an English GP. After all, don't Poland have three?

• Like 1