British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Well done Greg! All the Hancock moaners that he is boring really don't know there sport the man is a legend. Tai done us proud again. What was also good to see was Darcy using his head more as the track rutted up. If he keeps doing that he could become a challenger but he needs Tai and Greg to have bad ones. The racing was poor but atmosphere electric

Why dont they?? Greg is a great rider and a nice bloke but he is boring to watch. Even tonight when he gated he won when he didnt he trailed behind.

• Like 4

I HAVE been lucky enough and privileged to have attended many major sporting events from a soccer World Cup Final down but the show put on at the Millennium tonight was as good as any.

The big star is the stadium itself and the atmosphere that can be created under a roof and with the lights out. I cannot tell you how much time and effort was put into just the parade which was a spectacular success enjoyed not least by the riders themselves. Try doing that on a sunny afternoon at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium.

BSI have their knockers but anyone who left tonight and didn't have a fantastic evening will need their heads examined.

Proud to be have been involved with the show and a great and very talented bunch.

Just gonna check on the Pairs thread to see if you had the same enthusiasm for British Speedway that you without fail show for BSI events!

Nope nothing!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 9

Grey Hancock does the simple things so very well

For me the GP needs a reshuffle too many top riders not in there

Woffinden was excellent

Grey Hancock does the simple things so very wellFor me the GP needs a reshuffle too many top riders not in thereWoffinden was excellent

I agree,I think riders in this years GP should not be able to also enter qualifiers for next year and if they don't make top 8 should not be included next year even as a wild card.you would then get a turn over of riders,to many same old faces who are on the slide.It is difficult too see a solution that will please everybody though.
  • Like 1

Just gonna check on the Pairs thread to see if you had the same enthusiasm for British Speedway that you without fail show for BSI events!

Nope nothing!

why do people see bsi as the 'evil empire'??

what they do is simply showcase the sport at its very best and (hopefully) make a few quid though their actions..

nothing wrong with that..

just because those who run speedway in blighty are absolutely crap at promoting the sport to the same level, shouldnt mean bsi get blamed for all of british speedways shortcomings..

• Like 5

Great atmosphere, great view, and some good racing and slick presentation as usual...BUT the ten quid Park n'Ride system was crap...waiting too long for buses from Cardiff City F.C. then on the return about quarter-of-a-mile queue for buses so we decided to do the 30-minute walk back to the car park. Next time will not use park n' ride, was better when at County Hall, better off parking in side street nearer stadium or getting taxi from football stadium, or coach or train.

Well done to old Greg, unlucky Woffy and Wardy. Back to boring old Blunsdon this week!What was attendance?. Was behind Eddie Kennett in ticket queue at stadium, he was riding there 6 years ago!

Wow wow and WOW! My first ever Cardiff visit, and what a showcase event for speedway that is! Can see why Cardiff is known as the main GP of the season. Atmosphere was absolutely electric, something I've never heard at a speedway event before. Without doubt having a Brit as good as Tai to cheer on as well makes the event just that little bit more special. So gutted he didn't manage to win the GP but can't begrudge a man like Hancock winning it, still showing the boys the way round at 44!

Hard to describe how buzzing I still am now, 4 hours after it. Something like that must surely make more people want to watch speedway.. Huge credit to BSI and the track and event staff, put on a superb show. Just hope this can give clubs some idea that this is how you'll get more people through the turnstiles!

Did I hear a nail taken out of the British speedway coffin?!?!

(A reference to a post I made yesterday....)

Great atmosphere, great view, and some good racing and slick presentation as usual...BUT the ten quid Park n'Ride system was crap...waiting too long for buses from Cardiff City F.C. then on the return about quarter-of-a-mile queue for buses so we decided to do the 30-minute walk back to the car park. Next time will not use park n' ride, was better when at County Hall, better off parking in side street nearer stadium or getting taxi from football stadium, or coach or train.Well done to old Greg, unlucky Woffy and Wardy. Back to boring old Blunsdon this week!What was attendance?. Was behind Eddie Kennett in ticket queue at stadium, he was riding there 6 years ago!

I did park and ride to and from Cardiff east.. £3 for both ways and back on the bus within 5 minutes after the event, if your anywhere near that for next year then try that

• Like 2

The occasion might be great but give me the racing from the Pairs last night. Far Superior.

Racing doesn't pull in the fans.

Nope nothing!

And why should he?

Or are you claiming the Pairs was a better all round 'show' than Cardiff?

Attended for the first time in a number of years tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. How great to be able to cheer on a British World Champion.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Racing doesn't pull in the fans.

And why should he?

Or are you claiming the Pairs was a better all round 'show' than Cardiff?

Just wondered if he shows the same passion and enthusiasm for any speedway other than BSI events, simple as that really.

Nope nothing!

WASN'T at Somerset ...

I HAVE been lucky enough and privileged to have attended many major sporting events from a soccer World Cup Final down but the show put on at the Millennium tonight was as good as any.

The big star is the stadium itself and the atmosphere that can be created under a roof and with the lights out. I cannot tell you how much time and effort was put into just the parade which was a spectacular success enjoyed not least by the riders themselves. Try doing that on a sunny afternoon at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium.

BSI have their knockers but anyone who left tonight and didn't have a fantastic evening will need their heads examined.

Proud to be have been involved with the show and a great and very talented bunch.

Spot on Mr Rising, a different level, superb GP

• Like 2

WASN'T at Somerset ...

Of course not ..... I didn't expect you to be lol
  • Like 1

Just got home...What a day!

Thought Tai was going to do it, gutted but if he had to lose to anybody happy that it was Greg.

Congratulations Greg...

Almost Tai, but you are on top of the leader board.... Well done...

Also treated myself to a Tai coaster, and Tai programme board and a Tai canvas... (Amazing)...

Why dont they?? Greg is a great rider and a nice bloke but he is boring to watch. Even tonight when he gated he won when he didnt he trailed behind.

Oh, come on...That's just not true at all. Greg gated in heat 6 and finished third ;)
  • Like 1