Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

General veiw of all i know attended said it was boring Phil. Its not for the riders but the paying public Phil.

We'll have to take your word on that.

Or we could judge it based on the fans voices out here in the public domain.

It came just before the National Anthem of GB! (You had to be there!)

The reason i bring it up is its very moving, but only if its sung properly like that chap did, if any of the riders don't get Goosebumps standing there listening to that then they shouldn't be their..

The reason i bring it up is its very moving, but only if its sung properly like that chap did, if any of the riders don't get Goosebumps standing there listening to that then they shouldn't be their..

Shouldn't be their what?

• Like 4

I thought the into was a bit of a let down after the build up on here. Without the build up it would have probably been ok. Should know by now to take anything Phil Rising bigs up with a pinch of salt though.

Well back to normality again after our annual gp trip....I know there are probably reasons which we as fans do not know about, but felt (in my opinion) that the fanzone was in the wrong position ( they had to pay for this road closure and maybe they had no choice but to move from Westgate Street it didnt work, but hopefully back there in 2015), there didnt seem to be much goin on, such as music, chat with NPearson/riders on stage etc and repeated again in couple of hours, only stalls of same old bikes etc and Magoos were repeated alright :) Once we'd been round there was no reason to go back. Monster drink and Stickers gone in no time, these giveaways should be more spaced out not a whopping queue into one area. As for the area cleared for the stuntman 'Stunter 13' to do his stuff....dont even get me started on that one! Why close a road the length of 100m to give him fenced off area size of 15'x10' to try and do his thaing!!!

Loved the light show and opening ceremony although it did go on a bit too long...Felt the atmosphere in the stadium was a bit silent this year, I read we were not getting music pre event and interval so was expecting it but thought we'd have had the music to get the fans going, bongo drums on the big screen etc, it was just the presentation and racing, and a bit stagnated in between...........however I will be there in 2015 already got the hotel booked !!

Think the idea muted in this thread about maybe having another meet on the sunday ( time the gp to be before the final of SWC or some other meeting) to make the effort of track laying worth more than a day!....probably boils down to costs of hiring stadium though.

Had 5 newbies with us this year and they loved it......think next year we'll have to drive further and get to Somerset on the friday (if the pairs is on 2015) as it certainly sounded to be the place to be this year!!

Well Done Tai and your charity fundraising GOSH

Maybe let me do the pre event show and rider presentation as i know i can do a far better job :D

We'll have to take your word on that.

Or we could judge it based on the fans voices out here in the public domain.

Most think the same as me.Went on too long, should of had the riders on the spot in dark and lit up on naming them. Would of been quicker and more dramatic.

General veiw of all i know attended said it was boring Phil. Its not for the riders but the paying public Phil.

EVERYONE around my mob thoroughly enjoyed the opening ceremony. Or would you prefer they just come out on an open truck?

Maybe let me do the pre event show and rider presentation as i know i can do a far better job :D

Most think the same as me.Went on too long, should of had the riders on the spot in dark and lit up on naming them. Would of been quicker and more dramatic.

I suppose you could say that it would give it a lift... boom, boom!

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

How anyone can say the introductions went on too long is beyond me-normal GP parade takes about 15 mins-this was only slightly longer and racing started maybe 5 mins late-if they had stood in their positions in the dark I would have thought I had been transported back 12 months !!

• Like 1

:D Just trying to make it better Phil. Speedway needs young people and this is not really up to it these days in terms of presentation ;) Better but could be so much more.

AND your evidence for "most" is?

How anyone can say the introductions went on too long is beyond me-normal GP parade takes about 15 mins-this was only slightly longer and racing started maybe 5 mins late-if they had stood in their positions in the dark I would have thought I had been transported back 12 months !!

i can and will :D

One thing I really didn't get with the intro was we have a British World Champion, a rider who was in a good position to be Champion again this year but they announced Greg last. Why? They also messed up Jason Garritys into too.Its not the first time they have messed up the intro for British riders.

I thought the intro in the Stadium was innovative and well done.

Only (very minor) gripes I may have is that the PA/music wasn't loud enough (I was sat top tier back straight) and the firework display seems to get shorter by the year.

As I posted earlier in this thread Fanzone was a mess and needs to be moved back to St Mary's Street but apart from these few minor issues I thought overall it was a very good production.