British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

NORMAL start time for SGPs these days is four minutes past the hour but there will be a longer parade at Cardiff so racers and royals is spot on with 5.15pm

NORMAL start time for SGPs these days is four minutes past the hour but there will be a longer parade at Cardiff so racers and royals is spot on with 5.15pm

If I had been incorrect so were the FIM sup regs ;)

Edited by racers and royals

For the dogs maybe. I'm sure it's 8,000 at Brandon.

Same stadium

But even your figure means if could only hold less than 20% of the attendace at British GPs.

Niamh

Edited by Niamh

Same stadium

But even your figure means if could only hold less than 20% of the attendace at British GPs.

Niamh

Might be the same stadium but it's possible they don't open it all for the dogs. TBH when Ive been to Brandon for the dogs you'd have only needed room for 150 people - tops. I'm guessing they don't allow people outside - TBH there no advantage to being outside for the dogs.

But I agree, to suggest Coventry could/should have a GP ahead of the Millennium Stadium is utter madness.

Ipswich get around 6-8000 I believe for speed weekend for Brisca's, so if could sort the track out, another possibility.

EOES could hold the same number aswell with temp stands on back straight and corners.

If I had been incorrect so were the FIM sup regs ;)

GOT to get through two rehearsals of the opening parade yet! I understand it is quite complex but if all goes according to plan (!) will be very spectacular...

• Like 1

GOT to get through two rehearsals of the opening parade yet! I understand it is quite complex but if all goes according to plan (!) will be very spectacular...

Thought the cloaks and spot lights were very good last year-so will be interested to see what they have planned to top that.
  • Like 1

IT'S the brainchild of Gemma Fordham, the SGP Events Manager at BSI. She says she cannot sleep at night worrying that it won't all go according to plan.

Sounds great in theory. First rehearsal on Friday, another on Saturday and then the real thing...

IT'S the brainchild of Gemma Fordham, the SGP Events Manager at BSI. She says she cannot sleep at night worrying that it won't all go according to plan.

Sounds great in theory. First rehearsal on Friday, another on Saturday and then the real thing...

Hopefully the shale is in tip top condition.

Hopefully the shale is in tip top condition.

Hopefully. They had a clear two weeks from the last GP to prepare it. It can be done in four days, gives it over a week to bed in, if, they get it right... And we would like shale please, not sand...

BRAND new... no excuses

Brand new, shale or sand? Edit. Looks like im not going to get an answer to that question. Whatever it is, I hope it was covered this year...

Edited by Starman2006

Hopefully. They had a clear two weeks from the last GP to prepare it. It can be done in four days, gives it over a week to bed in, if, they get it right... And we would like shale please, not sand...

Brand new, shale or sand? Edit. Looks like im not going to get an answer to that question. Whatever it is, I hope it was covered this year...

They only can normally get access to the Millenium stadium I believe on the Monday prior to the GP.so they certainly do not get over a week.

Thought the cloaks and spot lights were very good last year-so will be interested to see what they have planned to top that.

Parachuting into the stadium.

IT'S new material for this year. It is a special mixture which was prepared and stored some time ago. Work has already started. The fence goes in first then the track is laid. Normally the work is completed by Wednesday.

Parachuting into the stadium.

THAT would be quite a feat with the roof closed!