British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Pedersen starts the procession off in a Dodgem, followed by the rest in banger racing cars that turns into a destruction derby. That'd do me for the night.

• Like 1

Pedersen starts the procession off in a Dodgem, followed by the rest in banger racing cars that turns into a destruction derby. That'd do me for the night.

LIKE it ...

Joking aside.. I don't do bookface or Twitter or that social networking malarkey, is GSOH there to collect as Woffy' s trying to raise as much as poss for a great cause?

Might be the same stadium but it's possible they don't open it all for the dogs. TBH when Ive been to Brandon for the dogs you'd have only needed room for 150 people - tops. I'm guessing they don't allow people outside - TBH there no advantage to being outside for the dogs.

But I agree, to suggest Coventry could/should have a GP ahead of the Millennium Stadium is utter madness.

who suggested coventry should have a gp ahead of the millenium????????????????

Let me re-phase my question. How many years do BSI have left on the Cardiff contract.

CANNOT remember but will ask the question. Whatever, sure both parties will be keen to renew

CANNOT remember but will ask the question. Whatever, sure both parties will be keen to renew

Thought they made an announcement at the GP last year saying another 5 years extended deal.

I live twelve miles from Cardiff, I work in Cardiff, and STILL no-one knows it's on, and even if a few of them do, they still don't take it seriously. The occasional motocross stunt event or monster truck event has a higher profile. The Cardiff GP may continue to attract hard core fans from around the UK for a few years yet but unless it's played with a ball Welsh sports fans don't want to know.

All said an done. A rugby ball's not round.

They only can normally get access to the Millenium stadium I believe on the Monday prior to the GP.so they certainly do not get over a week.

Why? After the last GP they had two full clear weeks to sort it. It should have been laid by saturday, and given a week to bed in. If there is a balls up they have nobody else but themselves to blame. And i hope its shale, not sand based, and been under wraps. After last years debacle if its happens again the organisers will not be popular..

Why? After the last GP they had two full clear weeks to sort it. It should have been laid by saturday, and given a week to bed in. If there is a balls up they have nobody else but themselves to blame. And i hope its shale, not sand based, and been under wraps. After last years debacle if its happens again the organisers will not be popular..

Only if they have access to the millennium stadium-do you really think Parken,friends arena,and Cardiff allow them access to lay the track weeks/months in advance-10,000 plus posts and you think that !!!

• Like 2

Only if they have access to the millennium stadium-do you really think Parken,friends arena,and Cardiff allow them access to lay the track weeks/months in advance-10,000 plus posts and you think that !!!

Were not talking weeks or months, we are talking a couple of weeks. To my knowledge Cardiff have had no events in the last week. If your going to do it, you do it properly. Now, just say its finished on Wednesday, then they have a problem, you have no time to rectifiy it and its been given no time to bed in.. Lay it 2 weeks in advance giving it a week to bed in, any problems that arise can then be rectified without running round like headless chickens.. Old saying fail to prepare prepare to fail..

Edited by Starman2006

Were not talking weeks or months, we are talking a couple of weeks. To my knowledge Cardiff have had no events in the last week. If your going to do it, you do it properly. Now, just say its finished on Wednesday, then they have a problem, you have no time to rectifiy it and its been given no time to bed in.. Lay it 2 weeks in advance giving it a week to bed in, any problems that arise can then be rectified without running round like headless chickens.. Old saying fail to prepare prepare to fail..

SORRY but racers and royals has got it spot on ... again!

We had our works party in there saturday before last. Can see the stadium from my desk and there hasnt been any activity since then. Its usually the monday before IE today that you start to see the diggers etc arriving at the stadium and the set up of the 'fan zone' slowly takes place

i find that hard to believe..be nice if someone in the know back that up?..im convinced that place can hold around 8-11,000?

Yep its 8,000 but even that seems low to me, health and safety and all that. It was 12,000 a few years back. The Ricoh Arena is always free at the moment!