British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Pirates V Wolves - Weds 2nd July

elite league.. what a farce that was.speedway needsto give itself a good shake.. the swedush elite league is far better and no r/r og guests.. bspa.. rubbish..

Really, better riders maybe, better speedway, no id say not..

• Like 2

elite league.. what a farce that was.speedway needsto give itself a good shake.. the swedush elite league is far better and no r/r og guests.. bspa.. rubbish..

I haven't seen anyone explain how the Swedish Elite League clubs manage to cover the cost of their riders.

Looking at the crowds on TV they seem on a par with the UK so I can only think that the riders aren't paid as much in Sweden which I find hard to believe or there must be lots of large sponsorship amounts pumped in.

Even if all of the riders agreed to ride over here, making up an EL side comparable to Sweden would bankrupt every team in the league.

No he rides a GM engine...........Maybe he uses Jawa frames???

Yes, Jawa frames

I haven't seen anyone explain how the Swedish Elite League clubs manage to cover the cost of their riders.

Looking at the crowds on TV they seem on a par with the UK so I can only think that the riders aren't paid as much in Sweden which I find hard to believe or there must be lots of large sponsorship amounts pumped in.

Even if all of the riders agreed to ride over here, making up an EL side comparable to Sweden would bankrupt every team in the league.

All i can add to that is if the Swedes can make it work.............................................

Edited by stevebrum

All i can add to that is if the Swedes can make it work.............................................

Don't they all 'own' their own stadia for a start?! If so then aside from sponsorship and local council support, they get the benefit of all income and no rental costs?!

Anyway, back to the thread, no r/r or guests in this meeting and a decent meeting too! At least there was someone to challenge the World Champion, unlike most of the opposition in the Swedish meeting the night before. :t:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Don't they all 'own' their own stadia for a start?! If so then aside from sponsorship and local council support, they get the benefit of all income and no rental costs?!

That may well be the difference then, although why are Eastbourne struggling then?!

That may well be the difference then, although why are Eastbourne struggling then?!

You answer that question??

They're all dying off in Eastbourne!!! :D

I think it's great how we can all go on a Poole thread now and actually discuss the racing and the thread now goes 5 or 6 pages rather than the usual stuff we had to read. Decent Poole fans on here now make it an easier thread to comment on without the dross he used to write , the biased match reports and the fact he couldn't actually hold a conversation with anyone who had an opinion that wasn't the same as his. The forum is a much nicer better place without him I think we all agree. Lets hope you decent Poole fans stop him returning lol

• Like 1

The Swedes have a much higher cost of living, hence wages are generally much higher as well compared to the UK...