British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Workington... 5th July, 7pm

Didn't go to this meeting, but after watching the mauling from Somerset at home in the PL, it looked like amateurs against professionals. The Somerset riders all had immaculate leathers/kevlars and their machinery was spotless - you could see the amount of preparation they must of put in pre-meeting, and it paid off

Didn't go to this meeting, but after watching the mauling from Somerset at home in the PL, it looked like amateurs against professionals. The Somerset riders all had immaculate leathers/kevlars and their machinery was spotless - you could see the amount of preparation they must of put in pre-meeting, and it paid off

Before tonight Stefan had completed just 40 yards as a Rocket around Hoddesdon. I presume he'd been down in the week, or even on the morning of the meeting doing a few laps?

It looks to me like they've all just about given up. One or two may even have their eyes on a move away. A couple more already know they're pencilled in for next year whether they perform or not.

Most of the Rockets side don't race elsewhere and it shows. Lack of race time has led to them losing their sharpness. I'll take a guess that most of the Workington side race for other sides during the week. Sharper, better prepared, better than us

At least Edward showed some bottle in heat 15, but by then it was way to late

Edited by Shadders

Well yesterday was my first ever visit to Rye House, and while as a Comets fan I obviously enjoyed the meeting the highlight of the day for me was the Rye House fans themselves. They are one of the friendliest bunch of supporters that I have ever had the good fortune to come across in the sport, at a time when they must have been feeling pretty low about the result (and as speedway fans we have all been there) many of them still found the time to come across to the Comets fans to shake hands, pass on their congratulations and offer a friendly word, a great gesture. Without wishing to sound condescending I just hope that things turn around for them since its clubs and supporters like this that make speedway such a great sport. Stick in guys your a credit to the sport and best wishes for the future

• Like 4

And this is one of the reasons I want Len/John OUT of Kent Kings.

They will take both Clubs into the Speedway scrapyard.

:nono:

Edited by AJ is King
  • Like 1

The story so far this season has been I believe down to several things.

Firstly Kennett hasn't performed as expected. Come to think about it, he's gone downhill since the incident at Lakeside a couple of seasons ago. Not a number 1 in this league.

Boxall is a good second string but to much expected plus the usual bilke issues we come to expect.

Tres I think has done okay tbh. He's done what I expected, really good on the bigger tracks.

Luke Bowen, 10 year servant a very loyal servant but stale at Rye. Needs to move on.

Jason Garrity, good second string, 100% trier but perhaps he thinks he's better than he is.

Jason Bunyan, is riding well guys. He's consistant scoring points at reserve, was excellent so I'm told at Sheffield.

Stefan Nielsen will take time bed in, but neatly had the beating of Rene Bach tonight.

So what's wrong with the team.

Len Silver needs to explain why he's put together a team for the second season running way below the points limit. It's cheap and they need a out and out number 1. It never generally works when a rider returns to a club he's previously ridden for. Kennett a classic example. He didn't exactly set Berwick alight last year, the signs were there but the old boy Silver ignored them.

I don't blame any individual rider, the team was put together by Silver. Mr Motivator, the boring lacklustre stopwatch bloke should resign. He's the team manager and in any other business he'd go. We know he's only got the job because he's Lens chauffeur for the away matches.

Total crap at Rye House and I really fear for the future at Hoddesfon unless Len moves to one side.

The story so far this season has been I believe down to several things.

Firstly Kennett hasn't performed as expected. Come to think about it, he's gone downhill since the incident at Lakeside a couple of seasons ago. Not a number 1 in this league.

Boxall is a good second string but to much expected plus the usual bilke issues we come to expect.

Tres I think has done okay tbh. He's done what I expected, really good on the bigger tracks.

Luke Bowen, 10 year servant a very loyal servant but stale at Rye. Needs to move on.

Jason Garrity, good second string, 100% trier but perhaps he thinks he's better than he is.

Jason Bunyan, is riding well guys. He's consistant scoring points at reserve, was excellent so I'm told at Sheffield.

Stefan Nielsen will take time bed in, but neatly had the beating of Rene Bach tonight.

So what's wrong with the team.

Len Silver needs to explain why he's put together a team for the second season running way below the points limit. It's cheap and they need a out and out number 1. It never generally works when a rider returns to a club he's previously ridden for. Kennett a classic example. He didn't exactly set Berwick alight last year, the signs were there but the old boy Silver ignored them.

I don't blame any individual rider, the team was put together by Silver. Mr Motivator, the boring lacklustre stopwatch bloke should resign. He's the team manager and in any other business he'd go. We know he's only got the job because he's Lens chauffeur for the away matches.

Total crap at Rye House and I really fear for the future at Hoddesfon unless Len moves to one side.

Goah! A duble helping! Are you trying to make a pont about something?

Before tonight Stefan had completed just 40 yards as a Rocket around Hoddesdon. I presume he'd been down in the week, or even on the morning of the meeting doing a few laps?

It looks to me like they've all just about given up. One or two may even have their eyes on a move away. A couple more already know they're pencilled in for next year whether they perform or not.

Most of the Rockets side don't race elsewhere and it shows. Lack of race time has led to them losing their sharpness. I'll take a guess that most of the Workington side race for other sides during the week. Sharper, better prepared, better than us

At least Edward showed some bottle in heat 15, but by then it was way to late

All, apart from Mason Campton, have other clubs to ride for on a regular basis.

All, apart from Mason Campton, have other clubs to ride for on a regular basis.

Mason Campton appears to ride for Glasgow Tigers on a regular basis.

Unfortunately the sponsors have deserted the Rockets as well.

• Like 1

IMO it takes seasons to build up a loyal hard-core bunch of fans, but only a short time to lose them for ever, reading this thread it appears Mr Silver has forgotten that.

Yet again more engine excuses from Sampford , wearing beyond thin these days. Funny other teams don't seem to suffer like we do , hmmm. Also noted Kaspers best 2 meetings of the season are against Rye . Were our riders under instructions to make him look good so as to increase any transfer value ? I honestly believe this will be Rye's last season , the fans have all but gone and so has the once ok stadium , shame as iv,e been a supporter since the Infradex days of late seventies . I even quite enjoyed the bad teams we had under Ronnie Russell , especially riders like Trevor O Brien but this team is unenjoyable to say the least .Many more hammerings to come im afraid but are the owners bothered ? I am sure there is a secret agenda behind this shocking team , just wish Silver would tell us what it is.

Shadders you really don't deserve a speedway team to support. All you seem to do on her is moan and groan about Len, John, riders, food, drink, etc etc. I don't know who y ou are and I don't use this forum very much at all but all you seem to do is complain about everything. You obviously don't understand the mechanics of running a team and realise that the team has to score to be paid. If you are not scoring you are not earning.!!!!! Easy !. Do you think these lads go out on track and get low scores for the fun of it. Come on give them a break. Next meeting I would like to meet you and discuss

a few issues with you personally.

• Like 1

Mason Campton appears to ride for Glasgow Tigers on a regular basis.

Mason Campton hasn't ridden for Glasgow since 2012. He remained in Australia for the whole of 2013, visa problem I expect, then signed by Workington at the beginning of this season

Shadders you really don't deserve a speedway team to support. All you seem to do on her is moan and groan about Len, John, riders, food, drink, etc etc. I don't know who y ou are and I don't use this forum very much at all but all you seem to do is complain about everything. You obviously don't understand the mechanics of running a team and realise that the team has to score to be paid. If you are not scoring you are not earning.!!!!! Easy !. Do you think these lads go out on track and get low scores for the fun of it. Come on give them a break. Next meeting I would like to meet you and discuss

Ok, I'll be travelling to Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Berwick, Newcastle & Redcar. I'll be at all of those. I don't get paid travel expenses either (unleaded at around £1.30 a litre). See you there.

*edit* and Plymouth. Can I just add that for most of these I'll be driving back to Hoddesdon and up for work at 5am

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 6

What are you talking about - Shadders is a hardcore fan, he follows the Rockets across the country. He pays his admission fee - he is entitled to an opinion.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Unfortunately the sponsors have deserted the Rockets as well.

Speaking of sponsors, Rye are the only club I have come across who have no heat sponsors. A few years ago there was Sally Thompson who sponsored heat one followed by 14 blank spaces. Since she pulled out that column in the programme has been removed altogether allowing more space to write heat times!