British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V Swindon Robins 4th July 2014

This could be a very close meeting as although Swindon have been struggling a little away from home, they have riders that ride Brandon well.

At present both teams are only without 1 rider each.

Bees bring in Lewis Blackbird in place of the injured Kyle Howarth.

Swindon will be without Worrall who is riding in PL

Looking forward to this. Bees to win by 10 now we have 3 genuine heatleaders and Garrity riding fills me with lots more confidence. Any news on who is replacing Worrall?

Not yet, Rosco having same problem we have when Garrity is missing on a Friday, poor rider availability

Does MJJ feel like riding tomorrow or do we get another lame excuse?

• Like 1

Was looking forward to this one too.

Until I just checked the BBC Weather Forecast (generally pretty accurate). Rain tomorrow from 5pm, turning heavy at 6pm right through to Midnight.

Think it's another Friday night down the boozer by the look of things. :(

Does MJJ feel like riding tomorrow or do we get another lame excuse?

The weather is warm so he might get sunburned. Probably too dangerous for the poor lad. :P

Difficult to predict as both sides are unpredictable.

On paper it should be about a ten ;point home win.

Weather will be the winner I think, and the meeting will be rearranged when half the riders are missing!

• Like 1

Weather will be the winner I think, and the meeting will be rearranged when half the riders are missing!

At least if it rains it should dampen down the pollen count somewhat!! :wink:

• Like 1

Me and a few of the boys were coming up for this one but the stupid FTD rider strikes again and Worrall's replacement is going to be a joke so saving our cash. More lost revenue for a club solely down to the draft. Pretty sure we wont be the only Swindon fans with that attitude as well.

Me and a few of the boys were coming up for this one but the stupid FTD rider strikes again and Worrall's replacement is going to be a joke so saving our cash. More lost revenue for a club solely down to the draft. Pretty sure we wont be the only Swindon fans with that attitude as well.

Id hope not especially after a brilliant result for your lot yesterday. If I was you id ask your promotion why you didnt make Worrall an asset while you had the chance. Choices are limited I admit but Luke Crang might be a good bet, obviously knows Brandon well.

• Like 1

Coventry have the same problem most Home meetings when Garrity is missing as Friday track and we have to replace him with rider 20th or below yet still the crowds have been really big.

We beat Poole at our last home meeting with rider 20th on list instead of Garrity, you need to have more Fairh in your top 5 who ride Brandon well, Grieves also used to practice at Brandon before meetings so knows the track well (if he stays on)

Weather update: very sunny & blue skies at present

There do seem to be an awful lot of instances this year where a lot comes down to who can get in first with the best guest. Not really great for credibility.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Rain due in West Midlands this evening and overnight, it's arrival and its strength is not 100% clear cut, might not rain till 8.30, then only light drizzle until after dark, pressure not falling as quickly, if pressure rocks back to originally predicted figures then rain from 18:00 check again 3pm....

(Not thundery, just possibly persistent) Convective stuff to follow after 12:00 Sat afternoon...