Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V Swindon Robins 4th July 2014

Coventry have the same problem most Home meetings when Garrity is missing as Friday track and we have to replace him with rider 20th or below yet still the crowds have been really big.

We beat Poole at our last home meeting with rider 20th on list instead of Garrity, you need to have more Fairh in your top 5 who ride Brandon well, Grieves also used to practice at Brandon before meetings so knows the track well (if he stays on)

Weather update: very sunny & blue skies at present

Yeah but whats the point of the top 5 scoring well if we get outscored 20-2 at reserve??

Don`t think the Bees can win this one, they`ll probably do their party piece and give the Robins a head start and then be desperate to win in the final stages and just fall short, hope I`m wrong but thats my opinion ..

• Like 2

Id hope not especially after a brilliant result for your lot yesterday. If I was you id ask your promotion why you didnt make Worrall an asset while you had the chance. Choices are limited I admit but Luke Crang might be a good bet, obviously knows Brandon well.

Luke Crang won't be available as Storm are at Kings Lynn. If this meeting goes ahead. Rosco could do with giving the likes of Kyle Newman, Charles Wright Paul Starke, Josh Bates or Simon Lambert a call now that there PL meetings have been called off

In fact just read Charles Wright is in.

Edited by Superstar1

Charles Wright as a replacement for Steve is a bit of luck for Swindon and after last night performance a welcome one.

Swindon could get some points tonight, if the meeting goes ahead.

• Like 2

Me and a few of the boys were coming up for this one but the stupid FTD rider strikes again and Worrall's replacement is going to be a joke so saving our cash. More lost revenue for a club solely down to the draft. Pretty sure we wont be the only Swindon fans with that attitude as well.

Charles Wright will be the guest tonight as Somerset's meeting is off. (No 6 on the FTDR list - Steve Worrall is No 4)

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

The Workington Comets supporters club bus is on route to Coventry, as our Somerset fixture is off.

Here's to a good meeting, please keep us updated Incase it's called off. As our hotel is in Somerset, off to rye tommorow.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hmmmm, real touch and go weather wise, rain looks like appearing some time between 6pm and 8pm, could be very very light until 9/9.30pm

Yeah but whats the point of the top 5 scoring well if we get outscored 20-2 at reserve??

Thats always been the case in speedway, some reserves are stronger than others. You now have a good guest in Wright who will certainly challenge Garrity.

Thats always been the case in speedway, some reserves are stronger than others. You now have a good guest in Wright who will certainly challenge Garrity.

I remember in the 70's we had a Greg Sczepanik (something like that) he was probably the worst reserve in Speedway history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, real touch and go weather wise, rain looks like appearing some time between 6pm and 8pm, could be very very light until 9/9.30pm

If it's the same intensity as what we've had for the past 3-4 hours in the North-West, there will be no chance of finishing the meeting.

Still looking for a texter for this one please, can anyone help?

Thanks

Weather update: been sunny and breeze all day

Does make me laugh that some Swindon fans were ranting and avoiding this meeting when had 1 rider missing but now they are up for it with a strong guest. Should have enough faith in your top 5.

Coventry are weakened using a fast track rider to Cover one of our top 5 riders but we will still be there supporting and cheering like every week.

Coventry bees are also without Havelick tonight as he has tonsillitis, does anybody know who is standing in for him now Blayne is no longer available due to work commitments?

Edited by mdmc82

Does make me laugh that some Swindon fans were ranting and avoiding this meeting when had 1 rider missing but now they are up for it with a strong guest. Should have enough faith in your top 5.

Coventry are weakened using a fast track rider to Cover one of our top 5 riders but we will still be there supporting and cheering like every week.

Coventry bees are also without Havelick tonight as he has tonsillitis, does anybody know who is standing in for him now Blayne is no longer available due to work commitments?

Brilliant typo :D

The rain expected up in Coventry is coming up from the South West, so far we've had a little bit of light rain, we may get away with it if they get a move on.....

F**k me what is your idea of a rant? If you think I was ranting earlier you are mental! We got lucky tonight that Wright is available but that doesnt make that sh1tty rule any better. You really are clueless. Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 3