British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Lakeside Hammers 10/07/14

Big meeting on Thursday for the Roger Warnes Transport Stars, need to get some momentum going again after two poor away performances. Lakeside will have a guest at number one for the unfortunate Davey Watt while Lynn may need cover for Lewis Rose who appears to have hurt his knee during his clashes with Jason Garrity last Wednesday.

Ellis, Bech and Lawson are usually a handful at Lynn while PK, Bridger & Morley have struggled in recent times. A decent guest could make this interesting, wonder if Mads is free? Simon Lambert would slot in nicely if Lewis R is still sidelined.

Big meeting on Thursday for the Roger Warnes Transport Stars, need to get some momentum going again after two poor away performances. Lakeside will have a guest at number one for the unfortunate Davey Watt while Lynn may need cover for Lewis Rose who appears to have hurt his knee during his clashes with Jason Garrity last Wednesday.

Ellis, Bech and Lawson are usually a handful at Lynn while PK, Bridger & Morley have struggled in recent times. A decent guest could make this interesting, wonder if Mads is free? Simon Lambert would slot in nicely if Lewis R is still sidelined.

I think Simon Lambert has now done his allowed 4 guest appearances hasn't he

I assume its four per reserve? He has guested for both Lewis K and Lewis R.

I assume its four per reserve? He has guested for both Lewis K and Lewis R.

It's either or. An FTDP can guest for 1 team 4 times

Ah fair enough. Looking at the list Sarjeant seems the best bet.

Not 100% that a guest is needed for the Hammers. Davey was due to have a practice this weekend and, all being well, could ride for the Hammers in this one.

• Like 2

Did I read in Friday's programme notes that we'll also be missing PK for this one with a PL replacement? I don't have it handy at the moment so I can't check. I'm sure I remember reading something that made me think we were unlikely to get anything out of the meeting points-wise.

I'm doing a rain dance as we speak as I can't make this one...b*gger...b*gger....b*gger.... :cry:

Certainly need to get things rolling along again...i'll take a 7 point home win, but would prefer a more convincing 10-12 points

Did I read in Friday's programme notes that we'll also be missing PK for this one with a PL replacement? I don't have it handy at the moment so I can't check. I'm sure I remember reading something that made me think we were unlikely to get anything out of the meeting points-wise.

Correct. No PK, riding in the Swedish League and, I understand , no Adam Ellis who is riding for his PL club Ippo.

Goodness knows how the fixture clash with PK occurred. The Swedish fixtures were known about long enough, in fact I think they were out before the EL fixtures. The net result is that Lakeside seem to have to go with a PL six pointer at No1.

Correct. No PK, riding in the Swedish League and, I understand , no Adam Ellis who is riding for his PL club Ippo.

Goodness knows how the fixture clash with PK occurred. The Swedish fixtures were known about long enough, in fact I think they were out before the EL fixtures. The net result is that Lakeside seem to have to go with a PL six pointer at No1.

I was hoping I had remembered incorrectly! Thanks for confirming though.

Lyon is hoping Rose will have recovered for Thursday. Lynn to put those recent 2 away defeats very much behind them and stick one into Lakeside. According to Rob Lyon in todays EDP a win on Thursday more or less oputs us in the play-offs.

20 points plus

Lyon is hoping Rose will have recovered for Thursday. Lynn to put those recent 2 away defeats very much behind them and stick one into Lakeside. According to Rob Lyon in todays EDP a win on Thursday more or less oputs us in the play-offs.

20 points plus

As I've said elsewhere - we could lose all our remaining matches and still make the stupid playoffs! We have +23 atm [home points lost (-2) v. away points gained (+25)] so losing our remaining 6 home matches we'd still be +5 (-20 v. +25). Last year Poole were 4th in league with +4 so I think its highly unlikely we wouldn't make it.

As its even more unlikely that we'll lose 6 home matches on the trot I'd say our place is already secured! :P

For info, current league table based on points gained v. points lost:

Lynn +23

Lakeside +3

Coventry +3

Poole +2

BelleVue 0

Swindon -1

Eastbourne -2

Wolves -4

Birmingham -9

Leicester -11

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

A couple of questions come to mind:

- how do Ipswich get priority over Adam when he is a Hammers' asset?

- is this a re-arranged fixture?

If the latter is true, it might answer the first but also begs the question as to why it was done for a date PK was not available.

• Like 2

Another Fixture with half ( well 3 riders ) a team missing. Is this really the future of Elite League Speedway ?

Another Fixture with half ( well 3 riders ) a team missing. Is this really the future of Elite League Speedway ?

Fixture planning is a failure every season - the sooner some sort of squad system is instigated the better. At least supporters could then identify replacement riders as 'theirs'.

• Like 4