British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Lakeside Hammers 10/07/14

Another Fixture with half ( well 3 riders ) a team missing. Is this really the future of Elite League Speedway ?

Yeah, No problems, but like you say, The Elite league is not that important, so why bother. After all, it is only the Play-offs that matter.

• Like 1

- how do Ipswich get priority over Adam when he is a Hammers' asset?

I have my programme handy this time - Jon said in Friday's notes that it was at Adam's request as he is concerned about his PL form, and apparently both him and Ben have always had the option to choose home meetings for their other clubs in the event of a clash as he feels it's important to put their learning and investment in the sport first.

• Like 1

If Davey Watt is fit and well, it will make it a far more interesting . Cant see any other outcome than a comfortable home win. The Promotion boys would have field day billing this as a top of the league clash between first and second teams. But we all know Lakeside are not the best traveller, and Lynn Stars still have a unbeaten home record in tact.

Hoping for a good turn out, to watch an exciting meeting, with no more injuries, so everyone goes home happy.

If Lambert is in for Ellis does this mean that Rose is fit to return ?

If Lambert is in for Ellis does this mean that Rose is fit to return ?

Rose returns and Watt is also down to ride.

With PK missing i get the impression Hammers promotion rather than individual riders are looking at this as a dead rubber match and thus are not worried about losing Ellis for the night or using it to give Davey some competitive practice where any lack of points wont make a difference to the overall score.

Think Richard, Lewis and Mikkel will give it their best shot but can only see Lynn winning out by something like 60-32

• Like 1

I have my programme handy this time - Jon said in Friday's notes that it was at Adam's request as he is concerned about his PL form, and apparently both him and Ben have always had the option to choose home meetings for their other clubs in the event of a clash as he feels it's important to put their learning and investment in the sport first.

So the rule about riding for the club they're an asset of coming first is rubbish then if this is true??.

You really can't believe it if that's the case.

So the rule about riding for the club they're an asset of coming first is rubbish then if this is true??.

Agree, its bizarre. As usual riders call the shots.

And yet again fans are treated with contempt and fed incorrect information

To be honest its Ellis who is calling the shots!

It's the only occasion that I can think of that Adam has ridden for Ipswich instead of Lakeside (although I could be mistaken) and if decisions like this mean we reach the end of the season with Adam riding as confidently as possible on decent equipment, then I'm happy. I'm sure that Jon Cook wouldn't be letting him miss the meeting if he didn't feel it was beneficial for the rider - and in turn, the club. If he wanted to, I'm sure Jon could insist on Adam riding for us instead; I certainly don't consider Lakeside to be a club that would let the riders "call the shots" completely.

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 2

It's the only occasion that I can think of that Adam has ridden for Ipswich instead of Lakeside (although I could be mistaken) and if decisions like this mean we reach the end of the season with Adam riding as confidently as possible on decent equipment, then I'm happy. I'm sure that Jon Cook wouldn't be letting him miss the meeting if he didn't feel it was beneficial for the rider - and in turn, the club. If he wanted to, I'm sure Jon could insist on Adam riding for us instead; I certainly don't consider Lakeside to be a club that would let the riders "call the shots" completely.

It wasn't a criticism of Ellis or Lakeside, but if Cook is happy that the reason is solid then i cant really see a problem actually.

Lets face it Ellis`s decision is better in the long term for rider and club.

Be an interesting position if Cook disagreed, but he doesn't strike me as a Manager who would have taken offence by it.

• Like 2

It wasn't a criticism of Ellis or Lakeside, but if Cook is happy that the reason is solid then i cant really see a problem actually.

Lets face it Ellis`s decision is better in the long term for rider and club.

Be an interesting position if Cook disagreed, but he doesn't strike me as a Manager who would have taken offence by it.

I might be a bit biased, but I'd say I agree. I've always considered him to be pretty honest about his opinions on things, so if he was unhappy about it I would have expected to read that in the programme.

I think we're unlikely to get anything from this, especially without PK (no idea how that's ended up happening) but hopefully the Hammers that are there can put in some good performances and provide good entertainment for the Stars and travelling Hammers fans. You never know, we could end up there again in the playoffs!

Edited by Mjolnir

How many Years have you been watching Speedway ? You sound surprised. :wink: