British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Lakeside Hammers 10/07/14

So the rule about riding for the club they're an asset of coming first is rubbish then if this is true??.

You really can't believe it if that's the case.

All done with the agreement and understanding of the Club Management. Very similar to Swindon letting Bates ride for Sheffield!! :wink:

How many Years have you been watching Speedway ? You sound surprised. :wink:

Nothing about speedway surprises me and hasn't for decades :D

I was just commenting that something fans seem to have been led to believe, i.e riders ride for the club they are an asset of is obviously not true.

There you go again, Believing what people tell you in Speedway. Just because they say it, it doesnt always make it the truth. I somehow cannot see Buster saying to Kerr/Rose off you pop to Newcastle, we dont need you this week. Is it also not open to abuse, with Teams being able to bring in a carefully selected guest ?

I think the reality of the situation has been twisted slightly ... both the reasons for the decision and how regular an issue it is.

Either that or I just seem to be looking at this a bit differently!

Edited by Mjolnir

Presumably the parent club have priority rather than the rider having to ride for them. All parties are in agreement including the governing body so in this instance I really don't see the issue, it's being done with the interests of a young British rider being the main consideration. As semmers says though, it could be open to abuse in the future and that's where the management committee need to be firm and unbiased.

• Like 3

Presumably the parent club have priority rather than the rider having to ride for them. All parties are in agreement including the governing body so in this instance I really don't see the issue, it's being done with the interests of a young British rider being the main consideration. As semmers says though, it could be open to abuse in the future and that's where the management committee need to be firm and unbiased.

Spot on post. As we all know, there are many rules that unfortunately can be abused given the right circumstances - although I think this one is unlikely to be, at least not often.

I spoke to Adam on Friday. It's his decision to ride at Ipswich. He likes the Kings Lynn track but feels he has to get hijs PL confidence..

Davy Watt spent a lot of time with him on Friday talking about different racing lines and I believe Chris Louis is working with hiim at Ipswich.

Adam is a definite talent but he is a young lad and still relatively inexperienced so there are bound to be these ups and downs, but Jon Cook is doing the right thing IMO letting him choose his own course for the moment. Frustrating in the short term but hopefully will be beneficial in the long run.

• Like 1

Got to fancy Lynn to win this quite comfortably. Lakeside are poor travellers at the best of times, but i reckon their home form will see them in the play offs

Got to fancy Lynn to win this quite comfortably. Lakeside are poor travellers at the best of times, but i reckon their home form will see them in the play offs

Yeah that's half the trouble, so long as they are strong at home they can afford to throw meetings like this under the bus, however sooner or later they will have to face Lynn head on, no point making the play offs if your not there to win them.

• Like 1

Yeah that's half the trouble, so long as they are strong at home they can afford to throw meetings like this under the bus, however sooner or later they will have to face Lynn head on, no point making the play offs if your not there to win them.

We've travelled better this season but I agree that home advantage is always a big part of our push for the playoffs. I think any team will struggle against Kings Lynn at the moment though!

I spoke to Adam on Friday. It's his decision to ride at Ipswich. He likes the Kings Lynn track but feels he has to get hijs PL confidence..

Davy Watt spent a lot of time with him on Friday talking about different racing lines and I believe Chris Louis is working with hiim at Ipswich.

Adam is a definite talent but he is a young lad and still relatively inexperienced so there are bound to be these ups and downs, but Jon Cook is doing the right thing IMO letting him choose his own course for the moment. Frustrating in the short term but hopefully will be beneficial in the long run.

TBH Simon Lambert will probably do as good a job as Ellis anyway but Cook obviously regards this as a throwaway match due to yet another fixture cock-up (PK's absence) so once again its the good ol' supporters of both teams who miss out on seeing what could've been a tight match. Of course it still could be but it certainly shouldn't be.

Edit : just seen that NKI and KB only got 7pts between them for Indianerna tonight so it might be closer than I thought! :unsure:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Edit : just seen that NKI and KB only got 7pts between them for Indianerna tonight so it might be closer than I thought! :unsure:

Probably saving themselves and equipment for the weekend :D

Or just couldn't get out of the start on a reknowned gater's track against a very good team.

I wonder what effect the SGP at Cardiff this weekend, will have on the attendance tonight. I personally know some who are travelling to Wales tonight in readiness for tomorrows Team Tai events. Others going have said they're giving tonight a miss as this week is expensive,. Has Buster took a gamble running this week? Rain , shine , or blowing, I'll be in my normal seat cheering the Stars on in what SHOULD be a relatively easy home win. Then a good night sleep before a leisurely cruise tomorrow arriving at the Millennium Stadium in time for practice.

Usually a brilliant weekend...... and the weather stations is forecasting staying dry with decent temperatures.... cant be bad.....