Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

Sand Racing In Guernsey

I have never been bofore i would like to go and see some sand racing. I see that they have a meeting every month in Guernsey. I have found a cheap flight but what i would like to know where is the best place to camp in Sep thats near the racing. I know that the island is not that big and i can catch a taxi from the airport to the race track. Any info about times for the racing would be nice as well ie how long does it go on for, any other advice would be great.

Many thanks Deano, I have had a look at the website link you have sent me. As i cant find any details about times of racing etc i am going to book an early flight out and then stay at a hotel and fly back on Sunday.

Sand racing in Guernsey will include cars, motocross bikes & grasstrack bikes (named sliders by the locals). Your best bet is make contact with the the local club GM&LCC ? & get someone to put you up!

I have ridden in Guernsey, Jersey & I.O.M. in all three Islands the clubs, the people & the trips have been great.

The times for each meeting will be dictated by the tide of course have a good one.