British Speedway Forum

Fans on the German forum have some rumours about a GP in Teterow next year, what's true about that? (Phil) :)

Fans on the German forum have some rumours about a GP in Teterow next year, what's true about that? (Phil) :)

KNOW that Germany is on their radar but heard nothing about Teterow

Let's hope not.Track is crap.....nothing like Güstrow.Boring slick track that had problems for the U21 team meet earlier in the season and had to be inspected during the meeting,then a few weeks back in a German U21 meet the riders refused to ride because of track conditions :cry:

Landshut must be in the frame ?

Rostock should be the place,but sadly i don't think they have a stadium that could host speedway

Berlin should be the place to be for a GP :)

I read last summer that the Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark in Berlin was a candidate for a GP but I don't know if it still is. It was only a tweet so not much info,

13 years ago this stadium hosted the first ever GP on a temporary track,

I posted some info about last year.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=74213&&page=3&do=findComment&comment=2330383

https://twitter.com/Mediaspeed_net/status/368422757769699328

Edited by Ghostwalker

I read last summer that the Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Sportpark in Berlin was a candidate for a GP but I don't know if it still is. It was only a tweet so not much info,

13 years ago this stadium hosted the first ever GP on a temporary track,

I posted some info about last year.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=74213&&page=3&do=findComment&comment=2330383

https://twitter.com/Mediaspeed_net/status/368422757769699328

Wetter than a dryish night in Vojens from memory

If we are looking at the possibilty of Australia and USA does that mean an extended series or are some hosts to lose out?.Denmark are back to 1 GP next year but Sweden still have 2 and Poland 3. If we are to keep Latvia and Czech Republic and keep to 12 Rounds something has to give, particularly if Germany are coming back in. Holland has long had a fondness for Motor Cycle sport with the Dutch TT, Superbikes and Ice speedway etc.. I can see a Netherlands Speedway Gp attracting a huge crowd from all across Europe.

Personally I would like to see the series extended to 16 rounds with each country limited to 1 GP, and the series extended to Australia and USA, Germany re-introduced and the inclusion of Russia. Australia should start the series before New Zealand complete the "down-under" stage and the series should end with the USA GP.

All this in my humble opinion of course and probably hugely impractical.

THINK you are right re tickets selling quickly. Yes, there will be only one SGP in Denmark next year.

Think we saw from last nights GP attendance that having 1 GP in Denmark next year in front of only 12,500 is underselling what is a major market in Denmark !

Hard to disagree with that from a potential audience point of view, but with some countries having 2 or 3 rounds it holds back the development of the GP series.Auckland has proved there is a potential for new venues to be successful but unless the series is expanded from it's current 12 rounds, this can't happen unless each country is limited to one GP. Refer to my post of 1st. september to know my thoughts on this.

Hard to disagree with that from a potential audience point of view, but with some countries having 2 or 3 rounds it holds back the development of the GP series.Auckland has proved there is a potential for new venues to be successful but unless the series is expanded from it's current 12 rounds, this can't happen unless each country is limited to one GP. Refer to my post of 1st. september to know my thoughts on this.

Financially Auckland has been a disaster and as for developing new venues,Tampere, track was awful and Riga less said about that the better !