British Speedway Forum

With Melbourne confirmed we have now six venues (Tampere, Prague, Cardiff, Horsens, Stockholm, Melbourne) on the calendar plus two without at date (Daugavpils, Gorzow).

Not exactly, when they penned the deal with Riga they already stated that in 2015 they would go back to Daugavpils.

"SGP rights holders BSI Speedway have signed a two-year deal with promoter Speedway Grand Prix of Latvia to bring the series to its fifth capital city for 2014 and Daugavpils in 2015."

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

So BSI have given up on Riga already...?

THE track in Riga is being completely relaid with more drainage and new material. The facility there has huge potential and not just for speedway. The promoters are still determined to have a SGP in their capital city.

Expect more 2015 venues to be named over the weekend

• Like 1

THE track in Riga is being completely relaid with more drainage and new material. The facility there has huge potential and not just for speedway. The promoters are still determined to have a SGP in their capital city.

Expect more 2015 venues to be named over the weekend

So if they are having to improve drainage and relay the track in Riga it wasn't just the weather that caused the cancelled GP as BSI wanted us to believe. Thank you for confirming that!

• Like 1

I went to the Prague GP this season, my one and only so far, thoroughly enjoyed it to, so I`m looking at going back there. Flights out of Edinburgh are better times than this year for me, but I am going to wait till the dates and venues for the SWC are announced before booking. Some of my friends are flying out for the Torun GP this weekend, so might try a GP in Poland next year.

So if they are having to improve drainage and relay the track in Riga it wasn't just the weather that caused the cancelled GP as BSI wanted us to believe. Thank you for confirming that!

No one ever denied that had the drainage been MUCH better there would have been more chance of the meeting going ahead but as we have seen in the UK recently heavy persistent rain can always cause a meeting to be called off.

I went to the Prague GP this season, my one and only so far, thoroughly enjoyed it to, so I`m looking at going back there. Flights out of Edinburgh are better times than this year for me, but I am going to wait till the dates and venues for the SWC are announced before booking. Some of my friends are flying out for the Torun GP this weekend, so might try a GP in Poland next year.

PROBABLY have a choice of three ... and Bydgoszcz isn't one of them!

No one ever denied that had the drainage been MUCH better there would have been more chance of the meeting going ahead but as we have seen in the UK recently heavy persistent rain can always cause a meeting to be called off.

PROBABLY have a choice of three ... and Bydgoszcz isn't one of them!

Looks like just 2 GP's for Polski - Warsaw and Gorzow?

THINK Torun will be in ...

But NOT as the final GP?

Sorry...I have been out of action for a couple of weeks and now out of touch. Has Auckland dropped off the calendar to be replaced by Melbourne?.

Sorry...I have been out of action for a couple of weeks and now out of touch. Has Auckland dropped off the calendar to be replaced by Melbourne?.

In a way, Auckland was the 1st GP of the year, it has been replaced with Melbourne which will now be the last GP starting next year.