British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves V Belle Vue Aces (14th July 2014)

Seems pretty simple that Britain is Woffindens lowest priority is Britain. I dont blame him for that at all. Lowest paid and least prestige

Seems pretty simple that Britain is Woffindens lowest priority is Britain. I dont blame him for that at all. Lowest paid and least prestige

On the other hand without British speedway he wouldn't be where he is now, so perhaps a debt is owed?

• Like 2

On the other hand without British speedway he wouldn't be where he is now, so perhaps a debt is owed?

I cant see him giving UK a miss. But he has some decisions to make next season.

This season is the repayment of any debt owed. Think he will skip next year in Britain

Well if the rules allowed a squad system where Wolves could use either Lindgren or Woffinden, there wouldn't be this problem would there?

Poole could do the same with Holder and Ward, etc

Teams have the option to squad rotate or not.

Easy!

• Like 2

Too bloody right & so many seem to forget which country helped them get the rides in Poland & Sweden as they wouldn't have got them without British speedway!!!!

• Like 3

This season is the repayment of any debt owed. Think he will skip next year in Britain

If this season is his repayment then he is underpaying.

• Like 1

Agreed

He owes British speedway nothing, he has put it back on the map!

Neymar, off back to Santos from Barcelona, you owe them everything. Ronaldo, Madeira for you, not Real Madrid, and as for you Woffinden, you owe Scunthorpe for your big break, not Wolverhampton so get back to the Premier League.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

Perry only knows one line, wide. All proctor had to do was block Toft from coming thru.

Proctor rode the inside, the fastest line is the inside, he covered it perfectly. Perry didn't just ride wide as per his normal line, he was almost in the fence allowing Palm Toft to come through the middle. Had Proctor rode wider he would have left the much quicker inside line open.

The only 'mistake' Proctor made in that race was trying to get Perry round, which was never going to happen. He could have just cleared off and won the race at a canter.

Too bloody right & so many seem to forget which country helped them get the rides in Poland & Sweden as they wouldn't have got them without British speedway!!!!

We all like the idea of rider loyalty but surely if speedway riders are professional then they must act in order to maximise their performance and earnings.

Just because people learn skills at a place of work doesn't mean they're morally obliged and beholden to that place of work ad-infinitum. Does that apply to us? I learned lots of skills that made my job possible with my current employer (I wouldn't have got my current job without learning what I'd learnt from my previous employer). Should I still be sending them a percentage of my salary? Go back to work there 2 days a week?

If British Speedway is too far down then the pecking order to be of use to Tai then he'll ditch it. British Speedway may have taught him skills, but he's free to apply them wherever he likes.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 4

At the start of the season he was riding badly everywhere, now he is flying everywhere else but still riding as bad for Wolves. If I was a Wolves fan I'd be fuming, how many times now this season had he failed to get double figures?

Hes improved since the first month of the season but on monday he looked physically drained. He has always performed better abroad tbf, cause thats where his best mechanic resides.

At the start of the season he was riding badly everywhere, now he is flying everywhere else but still riding as bad for Wolves. If I was a Wolves fan I'd be fuming, how many times now this season had he failed to get double figures?

Hes improved since the first month of the season but on monday he looked physically drained. He has always performed better abroad tbf, cause thats where his best mechanic resides.

• Like 1