British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions - Wed 16, July - #shavetheroo

Its Danny King we should be worrying about....

I think it may be all 4 of them we need to worry about. Not sure the right attitudes are there for the challenge

I think it may be all 4 of them we need to worry about. Not sure the right attitudes are there for the challenge

Haha true - I was trying to look on the bright side :wink:

I think GB will have to be well on the ball to make 2nd place in truth.

Should be a tighter affair this evening now that Norfolk Arena's resident reserve Simon Lambert is riding for the Lions! He's always looked like he could hold his own this season and should get 8 points from his 5 rides.

Hopefully, two pretty even 1-5's, coupled with better Lions reserves, should mean that there will be no need for any tacticals, which gave the meeting earlier in the season a somewhat closer feel than what it was (Lions scored 6 on both t/r occasions).

Should be a tighter affair this evening now that Norfolk Arena's resident reserve Simon Lambert is riding for the Lions! He's always looked like he could hold his own this season and should get 8 points from his 5 rides.

Hopefully, two pretty even 1-5's, coupled with better Lions reserves, should mean that there will be no need for any tacticals, which gave the meeting earlier in the season a somewhat closer feel than what it was (Lions scored 6 on both t/r occasions).

I reckon you're still on a high from the weekend in Cardiff. No-way will Simon Lambert get 8 pts against our top FTR's He should get 1 when riding with his partner, but no way will he beat either of our second strings. So expect him too struggle big time..........

I rate Doyle highly and expect him to score well. All the rest are capable of winning races but can they do it consistently. I reckon they have one race win each, at most. I hope for a exciting meeting with no reoccurrence of the injury that Kenneth suffered last time. We should have more than enough strength to secure a comfortable home win..

Can't wait.......... Plus dying to see all the clowns in PINK attire ............ Should be worth the admission fee alone......

Edited by GRW123

Only just decided to go at the last knockings so I'll be recognised as thr one not wearing pink

Tacticals is the worst rule in speedway. If the Lions loose by 20/30 points the fault lies with us and we need to sort it. No other sport gives free hand outs.

Just popped me tighty whities in with me Red Speedo's Im hoping they are dry in time. :D

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

Well done to the Lions on a point at the runaway leaders.

I reckon you're still on a high from the weekend in Cardiff. No-way will Simon Lambert get 8 pts against our top FTR's He should get 1 when riding with his partner, but no way will he beat either of our second strings. So expect him too struggle big time..........

I rate Doyle highly and expect him to score well. All the rest are capable of winning races but can they do it consistently. I reckon they have one race win each, at most. I hope for a exciting meeting with no reoccurrence of the injury that Kenneth suffered last time. We should have more than enough strength to secure a comfortable home win..

Can't wait.......... Plus dying to see all the clowns in PINK attire ............ Should be worth the admission fee alone......

Simon Lambert 7+2 =9

Tacticals is the worst rule in speedway. If the Lions loose by 20/30 points the fault lies with us and we need to sort it. No other sport gives free hand outs.

Double points on offer for the last F1 race of the year.

Gotta say that Leicester deserved their point tonight. Only a couple of Stars looked on their game tonight imo. A win is a win though. Onwards and upwards!!

Well I know 'charity' was at the heart of this fixture but I didn't think Leicester were supposed to be the beneficiaries??!!

Lynn would've been 10pts up after ht5 if not for Porsing retiring in 2nd while on an easy ht1 5-1, then Bjerre did the same when miles ahead in ht3 so a 4-2 became a 2-4!! So instead of 20-10 it was only 16-14, and Lynn never made up those lost points largely due to Porsing not being able to rectify his problems and looking a shadow of his normal self speed-wise. Lynn did get one point back however when Mads kindly had a puncture in ht10 but sadly Leicester gave us no more freebies. Niels was superb thankfully and KB was better after his mishap, but otherwise the Stars were a bit lacklustre. Rory didn't make a gate all night (though battled well) / Robert was slow in his first 2, as were the reserves - Rose gifting another point (maybe 2) to Leicester in 9 when he slid off.

As for Leicester they battled hard, especially Stead, and guest Lambert earnt his points too, but otherwise nothing to get excited about.

Gotta say that Leicester deserved their point tonight. Only a couple of Stars looked on their game tonight imo. A win is a win though. Onwards and upwards!!

I'd agree if you discount all Lynn's obvious misfortunes but otherwise no way! Leicester were as lucky as hell and should've been nowhere near getting a chance of a point.

The only positive (apart from winning the match obviously) is that luck generally evens out so I'm looking forward to some charity coming Lynn's way!

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Lynn got lucky.

Makes a difference when Kerr doesn't score double figures.

If you think I'm going to bite you're mistaken :nono: Go troll another thread ....

• Like 1