British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions - Wed 16, July - #shavetheroo

This Wednesday at the Norfolk Arena sees the visit of the Leicester Lions and it's a special #ShaveTheRoo charity night where all supporters are being asked to turn up dressed in PINK! and to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.

I understand that special pink race jackets are being worn by both teams which will be auctioned off at the end of the night too.

The weather forecast looks brilliant, the Stars are flying high at the top, and Mads is coming home too so hopefully there will be a bumper crowd for this special night.

Cannot wait for it, hopefully Rory will score a maximum too!

Edited by pointsmeanplayoffs

An excellent cause, hope lots of people turn out in pink for the occasion.

Looking through the Lion's top five this could be Lynn's hardest home match for some time with three 2013 Stars plus Doyle & Buzz who like the wide open spaces of the NA. Leicester came within a whisker of snatching a point last time and with Bates in at reserve they ought to be a real handful.

Most importantly let's hope lots of money is raised!

I'm dying my hair pink today in preparation. So excited!! Lynn should pick up three points as well but will be good to see some previous Lynn riders back as well. Gonna be a great night!!

• Like 2

This Wednesday at the Norfolk Arena sees the visit of the Leicester Lions and it's a special #ShaveTheRoo charity night where all supporters are being asked to turn up dressed in PINK! and to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.

I understand that special pink race jackets are being worn by both teams which will be auctioned off at the end of the night too.

The weather forecast looks brilliant, the Stars are flying high at the top, and Mads is coming home too so hopefully there will be a bumper crowd for this special night.

Cannot wait for it, hopefully Rory will score a maximum too!

Have we missed this meeting or is it actually on 16th JULY???! :shock::wink::D

Its a shame the auction for the tops couldnt take place during the interval of the meeting. A lot people like to make quick exits as soon as the meeting is over.

I think the Football team at Lynn do this every season, even sticking some of the shirts on ebay afterwards. Maybe One or 2 could be auctioned on this forum. Might give some of the wealthy posters on here a chance, and raise a few quid more.

16 June?!?! DOH! Obviously still a bit dazed and confused after Cardiff.

Can a moderator sort this out please as I cannot figure out how to do so!

EDIT - All done now, thanks to the shared wisdom of A Orlov : )

Edited by pointsmeanplayoffs
  • Like 1

I'm gonna be all pinked up, can wait to see if there's some weird and wonderful sights

I'm gonna be all pinked up, can wait to see if there's some weird and wonderful sights

You??? ;-)

I wussed out of buying a pink wig and tutu haha

Edited by Trees

For any Leicester fans who intend travelling there are major road works on A47 King's Lynn southern bypass causing considerable delays.. If you can you may be better turning off A47 and coming in through Terrington St John, Wiggenhall St Germans & Saddlebow village thus avoiding King's Lynn completely.Hopefully this should be clear from a map (not Sat-Nav)!!

You??? ;-)

I wussed out of buying a pink wig and tutu haha

Oh yes me, you wait and see :t: like a bit of dress up me ;):lol:

• Like 1

looking forward to seeing some speedway action. been in denial for a week !!! sad to say, I do not have anything pink clothing wise or anything else.....oops !!!

This will be hard - Leicester have a good top 5 and they'll be able to race for a full 4 laps at Lynn. :wink:

As our lead at top of league has been reduced to a mere 15pts now due to B'ham's sad demise we need to get another 3pts so hopefully everyone will be on top form :unsure:

looking forward to seeing some speedway action. been in denial for a week !!! sad to say, I do not have anything pink clothing wise or anything else.....oops !!!

There's gonna be a big raffle I think, penance for not wearing pink, a fiver's worth of raffle tickets :-)

This will be hard - Leicester have a good top 5 and they'll be able to race for a full 4 laps at Lynn. :wink:

As our lead at top of league has been reduced to a mere 15pts now due to B'ham's sad demise we need to get another 3pts so hopefully everyone will be on top form :unsure:

Can't wait to see you in pink ;-)