British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Eastbourne 14 July

What is wrong with that young lad Josh Bates? Another Bridger/Kennett type? Stupid mistakes on track and then some crazy moves on the way to the pits and in the pits (like punching the wall). He needs to calm down, looked like a clown not like a British hope.

If I were Lions boss I would be looking at the Brummies Draft pair.

• Like 1

He was gushing with praise for his riders.

:rofl:

If I were Lions boss I would be looking at the Brummies Draft pair.

Why??? Neither can replace Clegg and only Starke could be considered to replace Bates!!!

Speedway in this country is on it's knees, Here we have someone who has done wonderfully well to create a new track for the people of Leicester, and all we are getting is moaning and negative comments. I'm sure the people of Leicester are over the moon considering they have been without a track for 20 years.

Give the man a break. Sure there are a few teething problems, but its not the end of the world. I'm sure he is aware of the issues without everyone going on and on and on..

I believe he has done exceptionally well in what he has achieved so far, and what I watched last night wasn't that bad. I seen worse meetings then that from well established venues...

So rather then knock him down, give him some praise. The sport needs more people like David Helmsley......

Well said.

Wont stop some of the Leicester `so called` fans wanting Hemsley out and the place shut.

• Like 3

Why??? Neither can replace Clegg and only Starke could be considered to replace Bates!!!

Assuming that the current rules allow for a team dropping out. Starke would be a good solid addition anyway.

Rye House were one of the early visitors when the the track opened. I'm no expert, but I took one look at that track and said the bends were too tight for the long straights. Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.

As for last nights meeting it was pretty clear that the Sky presenting team were of the same opinion, but skirted around it. You can tell most of the riders don't like it.

No complaints about the stadium and the staff are very friendly, but Leicester could've been an ideal track to host major BSPA and FIM events, but that track and the awful parking facilities have put paid to that.

Such a shame

So far world under 21s / premier fours / track FIM accredited ............not bad in 3 years

I don't get the criticism of the track - who says you can't have a track with long straights and tight bends. It makes for interesting racing with riders trying different lines etc. I will agree that most passes were due to riders mistakes but doesn't that happen on more 'conventional' tracks anyway? I was kept entertained throughout the meeting and thought the atmosphere at the stadium was very good.

The only thing I will say is that if the shape of the track is the cause of the numerous crashes (not sure that was the case) then it should be a concern as none of us like to see riders getting injured.

Well unlike you, I appreciated someone who has got off his arse to create a Speedway venue from nothing. The trouble with this world, especially this country, is there are always those too willing to rubbish them sort of people.

So what if the track is the wrong shape, So what if the corners are too sharp, all these things can be rectified when the funds are available, I'm sure he wants the track to be as good as possible.. Obviously the venue has been certified and considered safe to ride and no doubt has a certificate to prove this. A lot of the accidents last night were cased through bad riding, and not necessary down to the track. I didn't see many experienced riders fall, so it not that bad as you paint it. Exuberance of youth is not always beneficial.

David Helmsley deserves respect for what he has done, sadly I don't hold your comments in a similar light...

David Helmsley GETS respect from me and others,the problem is he wont listen,what chance have you got with him and Norrie Allan to put suggestions to?Its a closed shop,i wish them all the best,butlisten and talk to people who want to help

• Like 1

I don't get the criticism of the track - who says you can't have a track with long straights and tight bends. It makes for interesting racing with riders trying different lines etc. I will agree that most passes were due to riders mistakes but doesn't that happen on more 'conventional' tracks anyway? I was kept entertained throughout the meeting and thought the atmosphere at the stadium was very good.

The only thing I will say is that if the shape of the track is the cause of the numerous crashes (not sure that was the case) then it should be a concern as none of us like to see riders getting injured.

Iveesen did sub 60 times when Kings Lynn were there he had no trouble with tight bends.

I await the torrent of abuse about Iversen in ht 15

• Like 1

Iveesen did sub 60 times when Kings Lynn were there he had no trouble with tight bends.

There aren't very many with his ability though.

That is what is good about the different speedway tracks that are all around the country. It is up to the riders to learn and learn quickly to adapt to the different track shapes and conditions.

I think a lot of the problem with riders that come to Leicester and with some of the Lions riders also. Is that they all lack confidence to commit themselves to ride the track. You only have to take a look at Iverson and Doyle to see they way that they both comit the way that they ride there.

Young Josh Bates was a different rider to the one we saw last Saturday night, when he could not put a foot wrong. Not sure if it was nerves in front of the cameras or if he was just having a bad night, but he road like an idiot last night, he has been riding long enough now to learn when it is time to ease off a bit and get a 2nd place instead of throughing the bike around and then falling off and losing 2 valuable points.

Max Clegg just can't seem to be able to put it together in this league, I think that it was maybe a year or two, to soon for him. His starts let him done as his front wheel nearly always ends up 4 feet in the air and the other riders are at the first bend before he comes back down on the track.

I hope he can come good, because I know that he can ride a sight better than we are seeing him at the moment, maybe it is just nerves or a lack of confidence in the EL, don't know what the answer is. Would hate to see him lose his chance of what the FTR are giving these lads.

• Like 2

Iversen only abused Start marshal should have been excluded and or fined Edited by Hannahrack

That is what is good about the different speedway tracks that are all around the country. It is up to the riders to learn and learn quickly to adapt to the different track shapes and conditions.

I think a lot of the problem with riders that come to Leicester and with some of the Lions riders also. Is that they all lack confidence to commit themselves to ride the track. You only have to take a look at Iverson and Doyle to see they way that they both comit the way that they ride there.

The same Iversen who could not make a pass when he missed the gate despite in his first two heats breaking the track record twice? If I was defending the Leciester track the last rider I would use as evidence is Iversen.

Also, this Doyle you speak of, is that Jason Doyle? Listen to his comments last night. In fact listen to every riders comments last night.

Iversen only abused Start marshal should have been excluded and or fined

If it was the same Start Marshall who officiated against Belle Vue and Eastbourne, I don't blame him. He is so biased towards the home riders, it's untrue. If anyone should be fined and suspended from duty, it's him.

If it was the same Start Marshall who officiated against Belle Vue and Eastbourne, I don't blame him. He is so biased towards the home riders, it's untrue. If anyone should be fined and suspended from duty, it's him.

See my quote no,53. Where did they get him from, I agree he should be outed