British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Eastbourne 14 July

The same Iversen who could not make a pass when he missed the gate despite in his first two heats breaking the track record twice? If I was defending the Leciester track the last rider I would use as evidence is Iversen.

Also, this Doyle you speak of, is that Jason Doyle? Listen to his comments last night. In fact listen to every riders comments last night.

so still some blaming the track after watching last nights meeting a lot of the fault is down to TRACK PREP! And the shape to but from what I seen the prep is main prob?....?...

See my quote no,53. Where did they get him from, I agree he should be outed

Thinks its old Bully from Jim Bowens bullseye

Look what you could won!

I found that there was plenty of action. Maybe you was just trying to see if you could get on the TV rather than watch what was actually going on on the track. First time I have ever been to get a coffee, before the start of heat 15, that I have been to find that there was only 3 people there. Noone wanted to leave thier places. And I can't remember so many people staying to see the team interview at the end of the meeting. So it looked to me that someone got thier £10 worth of action.

Last night saw some of the closest racing that you could have wished for. I for one enjoyed the meeting and I think so did many others there.

Oh my goodness!!...what planet are you on?!!....Last night may have been enjoyable for the close score but the racing was PATHETIC. There wasn't ONE pass for any position (let along the lead) in all 15 races after the 3rd and 4th bend of the first lap (and that was nearly always because of someone hitting a rut and losing control) Every race could have been "called" after 1 lap. The closest we got to anyone passing anyone for any position all night was in the last heat, even the "shouting monkeys" Pearson and Tatum struggled to get even remotely excited all night apart from that race. The track is an utter disgrace and when you think that it was a new purpose built track, then whoever designed it should be shot! These sort of "no passing" tracks are what will finish off professional speedway one day (when SKY have got fed up of trying to consistently polish the proverbial you know what!).

The Leicester fans were no doubt pleased with their £10 value but for the neutral, the actual racing itself wasn't worth even 10p!!

• Like 3

Well said.

Wont stop some of the Leicester `so called` fans wanting Hemsley out and the place shut.

Nobody wants him out......we just want a reasonable track...........is that too much to ask?

David Hemsleys programme notes in last nights programme were eye-opening or was he taking the Michael? He says...

"I now feel that we have fully arrived on the speedway scene with the meeting being broadcast live tonight.I hope that viewers experience the special atmosphere that is generated here at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium on match days which arises from the feast of exciting racing that the track has served up throughout this season.Last week it was very nice to see Jason Crump making an unscheduled appearance here at our stadium and he was treated to some excellent racing.Jason was really impressed with how the stadium has developed and the quality of racing the track was serving up"

Ho Hum!

Nobody wants him out......we just want a reasonable track...........is that too much to ask?

Its only the perpetual moaners that want change.

You have a `reasonable` track - what you want is a pass a minute thrill track. Not ALL tracks can be like that.

Plus the plenty who attend looked happy last night with the meeting and the result.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the meeting from leicester yesterday, definitely not a dangerous track at all. Some riders were more skilled than others that's all. Good crowd as well, full marks to leicester. Bates was the victim of a left turner when hit off, his childish reaction was quite funny but he is very young so cut him some slack.

• Like 2

You have a `reasonable` track - what you want is a pass a minute thrill track. Not ALL tracks can be like that.

Plus the plenty who attend looked happy last night with the meeting and the result.

You surely have to accept that having had a blank canvas, with no greyhound track restricting shape and size on the outside or sports pitch on the inside, somebody has got it badly wrong? Compare the racing on offer at Leicester with fairly new tracks such as Somerset, Scunthorpe & Plymouth and they are literally worlds apart. Of course its great to have a new club with a great new stadium, but Mr Hemsley really needs to swallow his pride and sort the track out ASAP. Otherwise all that will be left eventually will be his hardcore fan base.

You surely have to accept that having had a blank canvas, with no greyhound track restricting shape and size on the outside or sports pitch on the inside, somebody has got it badly wrong? Compare the racing on offer at Leicester with fairly new tracks such as Somerset, Scunthorpe & Plymouth and they are literally worlds apart. Of course its great to have a new club with a great new stadium, but Mr Hemsley really needs to swallow his pride and sort the track out ASAP. Otherwise all that will be left eventually will be his hardcore fan base.

If all he has left is his hardcore fan base then they will still be the envy of many a promotion.

There are 2 sides to it isn't there tho. Mads said it was a `cool track to ride` so clearly some riders do like it.

Plenty of fans have said they have enjoyed watching a match at Leicester but those are usually mocked on here for daring to have view that isn't a negative one.

I have no idea why the track was designed the way it was, and i think its unlikely it will be altered anytime soon.

Maybe that hardcore base are happy with whats on offer - like i have said some don't like the shape. Some do.

• Like 1

Visited Leicester for premier league fours which was ruined by monsoon rain storms or similar weather conditions so really cant give fair view but couldnt believe how they managed to get on with some racing anyway track took torrential rain and meeting started....blimey couldnt believe that and glasgow riders didnt have cover that day in pit area. Its is a shame track isnt better shape though hope whatever needs to happen happens did enjoy my time there good viewing just like ashfield...lmo if armadale had better viewing then it would be best circuit in britian for racing. If edinburgh build new staduim they should keep track size similar length with nice even bends.

• Like 1

The same Iversen who could not make a pass when he missed the gate despite in his first two heats breaking the track record twice? If I was defending the Leciester track the last rider I would use as evidence is Iversen.

Also, this Doyle you speak of, is that Jason Doyle? Listen to his comments last night. In fact listen to every riders comments last night.

I seem to remember quite a few of the Coventry team criticising the Brandon track this season - doesn't necessarily make it a bad track. Riders will always blame the track/equipment etc before themselves. Maybe the home riders need to knuckle down and make the 'unusual' shape work for them and give them some significant home advantage.

Edited by TesarRacing

Nobody wants him out......we just want a reasonable track...........is that too much to ask?David Hemsleys programme notes in last nights programme were eye-opening or was he taking the Michael? He says...

"I now feel that we have fully arrived on the speedway scene with the meeting being broadcast live tonight.I hope that viewers experience the special atmosphere that is generated here at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium on match days which arises from the feast of exciting racing that the track has served up throughout this season.Last week it was very nice to see Jason Crump making an unscheduled appearance here at our stadium and he was treated to some excellent racing.Jason was really impressed with how the stadium has developed and the quality of racing the track was serving up"

Ho Hum!

And therein lies the problem he even believes his own bull$hyte.

That is what is good about the different speedway tracks that are all around the country. It is up to the riders to learn and learn quickly to adapt to the different track shapes and conditions.

I think a lot of the problem with riders that come to Leicester and with some of the Lions riders also. Is that they all lack confidence to commit themselves to ride the track. You only have to take a look at Iverson and Doyle to see they way that they both comit the way that they ride there.

Young Josh Bates was a different rider to the one we saw last Saturday night, when he could not put a foot wrong. Not sure if it was nerves in front of the cameras or if he was just having a bad night, but he road like an idiot last night, he has been riding long enough now to learn when it is time to ease off a bit and get a 2nd place instead of throughing the bike around and then falling off and losing 2 valuable points.

Max Clegg just can't seem to be able to put it together in this league, I think that it was maybe a year or two, to soon for him. His starts let him done as his front wheel nearly always ends up 4 feet in the air and the other riders are at the first bend before he comes back down on the track.

Thank god, a knowledgable and constructive comment about Leicester. Thank you!

I hope he can come good, because I know that he can ride a sight better than we are seeing him at the moment, maybe it is just nerves or a lack of confidence in the EL, don't know what the answer is. Would hate to see him lose his chance of what the FTR are giving these lads.

If all he has left is his hardcore fan base then they will still be the envy of many a promotion.

There are 2 sides to it isn't there tho. Mads said it was a `cool track to ride` so clearly some riders do like it.

Plenty of fans have said they have enjoyed watching a match at Leicester but those are usually mocked on here for daring to have view that isn't a negative one.

I have no idea why the track was designed the way it was, and i think its unlikely it will be altered anytime soon.

Maybe that hardcore base are happy with whats on offer - like i have said some don't like the shape. Some do.

Excellent, Commom sense prevails. I hope others post so we can put the anti Leicester negativity brigade to bed!!!!

I enjoyed the meeting from leicester yesterday, definitely not a dangerous track at all. Some riders were more skilled than others that's all. Good crowd as well, full marks to leicester. Bates was the victim of a left turner when hit off, his childish reaction was quite funny but he is very young so cut him some slack.

Excellent post.

Agreed, Which teams / tracks in the Elite league have continual overtaking??? Tracks might be conjusive to overtaking but I seldom see it on TV. Even At the GP the guy who led at the 2nd bend won the race!!

David Hemsleys programme notes in last nights programme were eye-opening or was he taking the Michael? He says...

Ho Hum!

Good grief! Is this for real? Be really funny if it wasn't so painfully deluded.

The conclusion is you can all stop going on about track changes because they'll never occur if the 'boss' thinks this is the fact of the matter. One can only assume he's either lost the plot if he thinks the speedway on offer at JRSS is "a feast of exciting racing" (even his more vociferous supporters on here don't argue that for goodness sake!) or alternatively, he's just getting increasingly desperate in his attempts to convince everyone they're wrong and he's right - something he's not immune to believing anyway. Whatever, happens, it's his business, his call and therefore his sword to fall on. If you believe he's right you support him (as obviously some do) and if you don't, then you have no choice but to stay away. He wont change.

• Like 1

I won't except the track is dangerous. Looking at the shape it reminds me of Monmore Green, in both have long straights and sharp corners. Appreciate there more room on the bends and probably the camber is different at Wolves, but they're not a million miles apart. Addressing them issues is not the end of the world.

With the comments about the footprint could have been different, and yes, in a ideal world and hindsight the perfect venue could have been created. Unfortunately life's not like that. We sometimes have to cut the material to suit the cloth.

A big statement from Chris Louis on Monday spoke about the shale topping and in that it didn't bind together, and breaks up more easily than was normal. Could this be the real issues of track safety rather then the shape. Having witnessed Lynn win there earlier in the season I thought it was a nice setup and one that could only get better. As that meeting went on so the track started to cut up them. That was nothing to do with the shape.

I feel it is wrong that Hemsley getting pillared by all and sundry, just because he doesn't jump to people suggestions. I am in no doubt the problems will be addressed given enough time.

Excellent post.

All tracks can have meetings with little passing but thrilling close racing.