British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue V Wolves 16-07-14

Other riders may have had the same riding schedule over the weekend but I doubt any of them had the same media interest, that's on top of his charity work which no doubt consisted of far more than slinging his leg over the bar and pedalling. From all reports over the past few seasons, Woffy has always had time to talk to the fans , sign autographs and pose for pics. That might seem like a doddle but to do it constantly has to be tiring. He cannot throw a paddy and walk away, he's spent too long and too much effort building his well deserved reputation for being friendly and available to the fans.

It's time to cut him some slack and let him have a rest. Sadly GB doesn't have the resources to allow him to sit out the first round of the SWC like NKI and Pedersen.

• Like 1

I can understand Tai's decision to take time out but it does sound rather suspicious. He went to do the doctors in Sweden on Tuesday morning and was signed off yet rode in a meeting in the evening, surely this makes the certificate void since he's gone against it immediately

Highly speculative.

Who says the Doctor he saw signed him off??

Just an assumption.

Other riders may have had the same riding schedule over the weekend but I doubt any of them had the same media interest, that's on top of his charity work which no doubt consisted of far more than slinging his leg over the bar and pedalling. From all reports over the past few seasons, Woffy has always had time to talk to the fans , sign autographs and pose for pics. That might seem like a doddle but to do it constantly has to be tiring. He cannot throw a paddy and walk away, he's spent too long and too much effort building his well deserved reputation for being friendly and available to the fans.

It's time to cut him some slack and let him have a rest.

Totally agree with you Star Lady and that might well be a first! :)

• Like 2

Ridiculous suggestion.

What Tai should have done was not ride on Monday night when anyone who saw him would see what condition he was in. Quite frankly he was ill and you, I or anybody else would not be working in the same circumstances.

Now he is getting slagged off for essentially not wanting to let either of his teams down.

Spot on!

Ridiculous suggestion.

What Tai should have done was not ride on Monday night when anyone who saw him would see what condition he was in. Quite frankly he was ill and you, I or anybody else would not be working in the same circumstances.

Now he is getting slagged off for essentially not wanting to let either of his teams down.

Surely he is letting the team down by missing two meetings for a playoff chasing team who is both Number 1 and Captain for, call me cynical if you must but a captain of a side should not pick and choose when he races because he's a little tired

Highly speculative.

Who says the Doctor he saw signed him off??

Just an assumption.

Apart from the press release saying he had medical advice and fair enough it might be speculative to say the doctors have signed him off but If he hasn't then you don't get a facility for a rider who is effectively withholding his services

Apart from the press release saying he had medical advice and fair enough it might be speculative to say the doctors have signed him off but If he hasn't then you don't get a facility for a rider who is effectively withholding his services

I think the facility service looks dodgy anyway.

Sorry but a lot of what has been written is nonsense. Woffy is a top bloke who goes out of his way to raise the profile of speedway in general and in the UK. He couldn't be more friendly and accommodating if you actually meet him on a race night. So if with all the media, race nights and being ill he needs a break then give him some space and stop being such idiots. Honestly if most of the people on here were half the person Woffy is then it would improve this forum considerably.

• Like 2

Surely he is letting the team down by missing two meetings for a playoff chasing team who is both Number 1 and Captain for, call me cynical if you must but a captain of a side should not pick and choose when he races because he's a little tired

He isn't a 'little tired'. The fact you are claiming this pretty much renders the rest of your comments redundant.

We have got a facility so therefore he has got the necessary doctors note/sign off.

If Tai went to see a doctor in Sweden once he arrived on Tuesday, then whatever tests were done, he presumably didn't get the results until later that day - possibly after the meeting?!! :wink:

Give the guy a break - I mean its not as if Wolves are in with a chance of play-offs or anything???!! :party:

(Stands back and awaits incoming...........!) :D

• Like 1

I wonder whether the fact that travelling to and fro across Europe and riding in several different leagues, and the resultant fatigue for Tai, and maybe others whose scores have been similarly affected, is another pointer towards support for an all-encompassing British League of say 18 teams, composed entirely of riders 100% committed to BL teams and no others.

Above all, what fans in the UK want to see is commitment from riders and consistency of team make-up, whilst encouraging British talent to gain as much riding time as possible.

• Like 1

A doctor's note can always be had in my experience if you want one. The only one who'll know the real truth is Tai. If he is suffering from exhaustion then he wil need to rethink his schedule for next year. Some other riders can manage it but that doesn't mean he can. What makes it look dodgy is the fact he did well in Sweden on Tuesday when in my view he should have given that a miss so that he'd be ok for BV on Weds. It's reported that he doesn't always do that well at BV so perhaps a guest is the better option for Wolves but it's the fans at BV who miss the chance to see the World Champion.

Any weather updates pls

Had slight rain but dry and overcast now

Any weather updates pls

Light showers in Manchester area this afternoon, and forecast to be intermittent until around 7pm. Dry after that so should be OK. (?)

BV stadium run greyhounds on Wednesday afternoon, hence 8pm start as tractor can't get on track until that finishes.

That rain will have barley wet the surface, hope they going to put some more water down when greyhounds finish at 6.30