British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MARK DEAN

2013 Riders - Where Are They Now ?

never was a believer. we all know that speedway meetings are won by lesser fancied teams and that the speedway pundits dont know their ar#e from their elbow... this is speedway. nothing is nailed on.

never was a believer. we all know that speedway meetings are won by lesser fancied teams and that the speedway pundits dont know their ar#e from their elbow... this is speedway. nothing is nailed on.

The local Worky rag pronounced this as the best Comets side EVER!

The way the Workington team was put together it was obvious they were never going to win a 7 man trophy before a wheel was turned, anyone who knows speedway know having a good reserve wins meetings/trophys, starting with chris mills & Ashley Morris at reserve does not fall into this category

• Like 1

The way the Workington team was put together it was obvious they were never going to win a 7 man trophy before a wheel was turned, anyone who knows speedway know having a good reserve wins meetings/trophys, starting with chris mills & Ashley Morris at reserve does not fall into this category

I disagree with those comments, Ash Morris is an up and coming youngster who had the potential at the start of the season to make big strides in the sport.

Mills at reserve was a decent call as you would have expected him to score a few points.

The top 5 was as good as any tea on paper at the start of the season.

The big problem for Workington this season ids the injuries to to riders and it seems to have knocked the stuffing out of the team.

• Like 1

I disagree with those comments, Ash Morris is an up and coming youngster who had the potential at the start of the season to make big strides in the sport.

Mills at reserve was a decent call as you would have expected him to score a few points.

The top 5 was as good as any tea on paper at the start of the season.

The big problem for Workington this season ids the injuries to to riders and it seems to have knocked the stuffing out of the team.

It's the big problem for Workington every season. They don't seem to have any luck in that category at all, year on year.

It's the big problem for Workington every season. They don't seem to have any luck in that category at all, year on year.

Something we discussed ias group at the last Sheffield meeting with a Comets supporter in our group.

For years now Workington have built teams that on paper for the start of the season are very attractive, but for one reason or another never seems to achieve its true potential.

Has to be frustrating for the Promotion and fans alike.

Something we discussed ias group at the last Sheffield meeting with a Comets supporter in our group.

For years now Workington have built teams that on paper for the start of the season are very attractive, but for one reason or another never seems to achieve its true potential.

Has to be frustrating for the Promotion and fans alike.

A bit like Ipswich too.

Damn it. We have got them away again on Thursday. Trust me to put my foot in it!

Edited by Willowman

For years Workington have put together sides that have been grossly overrated at the start of the season. There is no hard luck story this year, they just have a very average 1-7.

Edited by sparkafag

Ash Morris is vastly over rated by many. I remember arguing n here with his dad years ago that he'd do well to make it past PL reserve level. Where is he now after 4(?) seasons of PL racing? Still in reserve.

Ash Morris is vastly over rated by many. I remember arguing n here with his dad years ago that he'd do well to make it past PL reserve level. Where is he now after 4(?) seasons of PL racing? Still in reserve.

You are quite right in what you say, for the past couple of years iv watched him at Workington he has made very little if not no progress at all

And so what, he's still in a team , still racing which is why he is in the sport, no doubt he rides for the love of it.

Would you be on here sprouting off that you were wrong if he had gone on to become a heat leader , no I doubt it.

Junior

Edited by junior fan

And so what, he's still in a team , still racing which is why he is in the sport, no doubt he rides for the love of it.

Would you be on here sprouting off that you were wrong if he had gone on to become a heat leader , no I doubt it.

Junior

And good for him. I just don't get all this, guff each year about him being a star of the future or a good young rider. He's ok. Hes a steady plodder that PL teams need, half a point each season. Like Matty Wethers did at Edinburgh for years.

I've openly admitted numerous times I've been wrong about riders. In fact quite a lot, I'm not sure why people think I'm not. I'm one of the first to laugh at some of my own predictions. I guess Kyle Newman is my obvious like-for-like in this case, or Todd Kurtz. Rated both highly after seeing them early on but neither has really gone on to do much but they're still decent enough PL signings.

For years Workington have put together sides that have been grossly overrated at the start of the season. There is no hard luck story this year, they just have a very average 1-7.

Correction, the team put together at the start of the season had the look of being one of the best teams in the PL on paper so we had every right to feel confident that things would actually happen, unfortunately we dont race on paper, Josh certainly has improved and Rene has started to hit his best form but this is where the problems have arisen?

The improvers, Morris/Howarth haven't, Mills looked good, new machinery/lease of life but fell apart, Campton, enthusiastic at the start but hasn't delivered much since and the same could definitely be said of Ricky Wells, rode his socks off in the shop window stakes last season but hardly ever manages a double figure score for us?

The injuries since have proved the lack of strength in depth the team actually has, Lambo has been a very useful acquisition but guest reserves haven't always been the best so using r/r for Howarth has hit us hard again, we were not a very average 1-7 as you put it, we are simply developing into one thru one thing and another, just a fact of speedway life!! ;)

The good thing for us tho is that at least our management try and bring a quality team to DP season after season which they do more often than not, maybe one year it will do what it said on the tin, it's going to happen, I can feel it, we wont always get the bad karma!! :t::D

And good for him. I just don't get all this, guff each year about him being a star of the future or a good young rider. He's ok. Hes a steady plodder that PL teams need, half a point each season. Like Matty Wethers did at Edinburgh for years.

I've openly admitted numerous times I've been wrong about riders. In fact quite a lot, I'm not sure why people think I'm not. I'm one of the first to laugh at some of my own predictions. I guess Kyle Newman is my obvious like-for-like in this case, or Todd Kurtz. Rated both highly after seeing them early on but neither has really gone on to do much but they're still decent enough PL signings.

Totally agree and thats how it will be for 90% of riders.

When you see any talented young rider you always want to see them succeed and its easy to predict a great future.

With regard to progress I see its often in 3 year cycles and usually if the next step isnt acheived but the end of a 3 year cycle then thats where the rider finds their level.

Only Woffinden of the last 10 years has gone onto fullfill that talent. Hopefully Lambert will be next