British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shazzybird

Keith White

Yesterday evening I attended the VSRA, a very pleasant evening with very good company. Whilst Tabby3 and I were sitting having a conversation in the bar we were joined by a gentleman who proceeded to tell us a few stories of days gone by and a tale from an Australian tour. As the evening went on conversation turned as to our speedway connections mine are fairly obvious but unless you know Tabby3 you wouldn't guess......... Anyway, this rider NEVER had a fan club (or not one that was official) So if anyone would like to join Keith Whites' fan club the joining fee is:- 1 Chicken Sandwich and a bag of Chicken and Thyme Sensation crisps :lol::wink:

Edited by shazzybird

So, 124 people have read this posting and still we have no offers to join Keith's new fan club ! Bless Him !!

Apparently, Keith did have a fan club and it was run by one of our forum members Aunties! Seanie Sheep tell us more so that next time we see him we can put him straight :approve:

yes Keith did have a fan club, run by my Auntie, Denise Sexton. I was a member from 1977 right thru the Hackney, Coventry, Milton Keynes and Long Eaton days upto 1987.

I think, off the top of my head, at its height there was about 250-300 members from all over the country, and every time he changed clubs, the membership grew and the previous clubs supporters still contributed.

there was an xmas disco some years, the ones i can remember clearly were at Milton Keynes Groveway stadium, and around Bletchley area near MK, one was a joint disco with the late Craig Fetherby's Fan Club, held in the railway club next to Bletchley train station, i was a member of both Fan Clubs !

two or three times i presented cheques to Keith from the fan club because my aunt was too shy to go onto the Centre green !!

somewhere around i still have a sew on patch that was exclusive to the fan club members, i'll try and dig it out and see if i can put it on here, and i also have a membership card somewhere. My aunt used to work hard on the fan club, i can remember her being locked away in her room, with her photocopier whirring away, printing Keiths latest newsletter and having to help her carry loads of letters down to the postbox to post off to members.

ok found them.....

Hackney Vs Stal Gorzow Friday March 25th 1977

page 12 of the programme beneath the legendary "Snowys scene" supporters club news , there is a advertisement for...

The Official Keith White Fan Club, contact Miss Barbara Seagers,xxx xxxxx xxx(i won't post the address)

Dagenham, membership is 35p, and entitles the member to a fact sheet, welcome letter from Keith, Birthday and xmas cards signed by Keith, quarterly newsletters and an autographed photo.

AND....

The Volkswagon Grand Prix, held at Hackney Friday May 12th 1978.

Page 7, again in Snowys Scene, it says...

Keith White Fan club, secretary Denise Sexton, xx xxxxx xxxxx xxx, Edmoton,London.

so to conclude.. HE HAD TWO!

Think I'll wait and join Vic White's fan club. :D

it's called the VSRA

I most certainly recall Sean's auntie - goodness I suddenly feel very old. She was a good friend of Mrs rmc and a very active fan club it was too.

Keith or course was a fine number 1 at Milton Keynes with Mrs White famous for her cries from the bar of "This one's for the gas bill Keith!"

I hope Denny's doing well and that her lovely dad is still with us.

Rob.

Denise is fine, but has moved her sporting love towards the showjumping fraternity, and travels all over europe watching the sport.

Sadly, Dennys father, (My Grandfather), Alan, passed away back in 1993, around a year after his wife (my grandmother) Betty.

Sorry to hear that Sean but glad Denise is still enjoying the horses. It shows how out of touch I've been lately

Many thanks rmc for bringing this thread back to life I hadn't seen Seanies postings and so now I can print them off and show Keith next year :wink: Needless to say he wont be getting any more sympathy from me! He only wanted my chicken sandwich :shock: Little devil :lol: