British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

Lakeside V Eastbourne - 18th July

Thought I may as well start a thread - as nobody else seems arsed.

So tonight, Lakeside host their friends and neighbours from God's waiting room.

The return of Kim Nilsson will be interesting - as will Davey coming back from injury. Go on Nilsson - make the dissenters eat their bloody words.

Meanwhile, Lewis has got the opportunity to step up to a heat leader role; as long as he's remembered that he's actually racing tonight. Passport isn't needed for the Dartford Bridge.

We have Schleiny in for Bech - I think Rory's been an ever-present at Lakeside this season.

Concerned with the current form of Adam Ellis - his returns at Foxhall Heath are dire recently. Let's just hope he stays safe (and doesn't get chucked out of tomorrow's meeting by the Leicester Medical Officer for sneezing or farting).

Could be difficult for us to get all 3 points (albeit it would do Cov a favour). Woodward and Lahti tend to ride our track well; and Lewis Blackbird looks a particularly in-form rider. Any success for Eastbourne probably sits with the performance of Kylmakorpi - who's form is about as reliable as a Mark 3 Cortina from Arthur Daley's car lot.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

It seems no Lewis Blackbird. Hopefully JK has his new engines. Mickel in under 21 so RR. I hope the Eagles can come away with at least a point.

I guess Kim will want to show the Eagles what they missed.

Should be a good meeting, it usually is when Eastbourne are in town.

Kim could do with banging in a big score in his first meeting to prove a point, and I hope he does! Hopefully Lewis being let off by his Polish club means he'll turn up for this one with the focus and determination that he's been bringing to Lakeside for most of this season too.

It seems no Lewis Blackbird. Hopefully JK has his new engines. Mickel in under 21 so RR. I hope the Eagles can come away with at least a point.

I guess Kim will want to show the Eagles what they missed.

Where did you hear that Lewis Blackbird is missing? According to both clubs websites he's down to be riding...

Was going to go tonight but if what you say is true I will have to have a serious rethink...

looking forward to tonight and i think Lakeside to win by 7-10 points. I think there is more than enough depth in the team when riding at home. Rory coming in is a strong replacement and hopefully Kim can hit the ground running. Any ideas what number Kim is riding at?

looking forward to tonight and i think Lakeside to win by 7-10 points. I think there is more than enough depth in the team when riding at home. Rory coming in is a strong replacement and hopefully Kim can hit the ground running. Any ideas what number Kim is riding at?

Likely to be four, so that Richard can cover Davey in the opening heat!

• Like 1

Where did you hear that Lewis Blackbird is missing? According to both clubs websites he's down to be riding...

Was going to go tonight but if what you say is true I will have to have a serious rethink...

Interesting point really.

Eastbourne would have potentially missed Lewis Blackbirds' contribution, whilst inevitably Coventry are going to miss Jason Garrittys'.

With no disrespect to either rider, what a sad bloody indictment of supposed 'top level UK Speedway' these days when key men are regularly double-uppers/fast-track reserves.

Depends on how well the poor mans PK gets on.

Interesting point really.

Eastbourne would have potentially missed Lewis Blackbirds' contribution, whilst inevitably Coventry are going to miss Jason Garrittys'.

With no disrespect to either rider, what a sad bloody indictment of supposed 'top level UK Speedway' these days when key men are regularly double-uppers/fast-track reserves.

Thought this was a Lakeside v Eastbourne meeting?? What have Cov got to do with this match? :shock:

Thought this was a Lakeside v Eastbourne meeting?? What have Cov got to do with this match? :shock:

It's unfortunately where I see most of my Speedway these days Steve.

Everyone will look at Kim's score tonight but it wont be a fair assessment as Kim is riding as a second string most against riders around that level or FTR ones, the one to watch is Lewis Bridger as he has the pressure on him to replace PK's points as a heat leader.

As it happens i think Hammers will win this quite easily, Bjarne, Timo and Cam always have the odd good ride around their but can also be very hit and miss.

Speedway office phoneline up the swanee so please don't bother phoning as BT can't fix tonight. No other probs and it's hot hot HOT! Hopefully the track action will be too! Junior racing 7.30pm, first race main meeting 8pm.

Edited by Bryn

Scraping to a home win over a seasonal poor travelling team.

The decision to axe PK as a 2nd string now looks very dodgy.

• Like 1