British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

Lakeside V Eastbourne - 18th July

It was banter dear boy - stevebrum actually mirrors my thoughts more often than not.

Blackbird - He's a late starter.

Are you related by any chance? ;)

Tbh stevebrum is totally right. Lakeside scraped a win against a team who haven't won away from Arlington in 2 years and also I doubt any other club would sack a legend when they would run riot as a second string.

w.

The problem with that silly comment is that last nightPK would not be riding as second string.

PK's rolling average would mean he would still be in a heatleaders role, which was normally at No5 Last night Rory rode at No 5 and scored better than PK's home average. More significantly Rory rode a stormer of a race in a crucial heat 13 to get the better of an on form Bjarne Pedersen, and joined Dave Watt up front for a 5-1 which gaveLakeside a slight edge for the first time in the match. I doubt if anyone who has been seeing PK on a weekly basis at Lakeside would seriously say PK would have ridden better than Rory. In fact with PK at No5, there is a fair chance Lakeside would have lost the match.

The problem is that rolling averages have included some old scores that have kept PK in a Heatleaders role but on this seasons figures alone he is actually bottom of the home averaged, and second from bottom of the away averages.

• Like 3

It was banter dear boy - stevebrum actually mirrors my thoughts more often than not.

:t:

Oh lol. :D:t:

PK would have been a second string at the end of the month.

Oh really?

Which of Richard Lawson and Lewis Bridger was going to up their average past 6.71 then?

Oh lol. :D:t:

PK would have been a second string at the end of the month.

And what would you suggest his green sheet average would have been then for August bearing in mind we haven't reached the cut off date for those to be calculated yet? :rolleyes:

Bridger 6.48.

PK is 6.71.

BSPA site from the 16th.

So how does that make PK a second string?

Cracking match last night, Eagles definitely deserved a point, thought we looked rusty early doors.

Anyone got some good photos of the track with lightning in the background, mine were rubbish. Great atmosphere with the dark clouds looming in, and the lightning in the distance, never been to a speedway meeting like it

• Like 1

Bridger 6.48.

PK is 6.71.

BSPA site from the 16th.

Those are the July rolling green sheet averages for the duo (and better people than I would be required to explain to you WHAT factors go into calculating "rolling GSAs") that came into force at the 1/7/2014 amongst the new averages for all seven of the Hammers declared 1 to 7 and took into account EL matches ridden up to and including the 'cut off date' of 23/6/2014. As my ageing brainbox understands, or maybe thinks it understands, they wouldn't change until new averages are issued to apply w.e.f. 1/8/2014 that will also take into consideration any EL matches ridden by the Lakeside Hammers from 24/6/2014 to 23/7/2014. :blink:

So how does that make PK a second string?

Good question! :wink:

Another example of the sport keeping its fans in the dark. The totals used for rolling average calculations are not made readily available let alone the breakdown.

If they were then it would be simple to assess how likely one rider was to switch places with another.

Looking at the speedway star if their figures were used for team building then Davey and Peter would both be second strings!

In fact Davey's average is only 0.43 more than PK's so why was Peter made the scapegoat just because he has scored more bonus points.

I know its a very old record but don't forget Hammers still have to play Poole a number of times still and we all know what tends to happen, the conspiracy theory does not exist for no reason at all.

Another example of the sport keeping its fans in the dark. The totals used for rolling average calculations are not made readily available let alone the breakdown.

If they were then it would be simple to assess how likely one rider was to switch places with another.

My goodness, the things the keyboard warriors find to moan about. There have been 21 greensheets issued since the start of the season, and the latest was 4 days ago. They are all on the website for those that can be bothered to look. How much spoon feeding do people need.?

Are you seriously suggesting this is not enough ? Its what the team managers have to work from so I doubt that its insufficient for many fans.

• Like 1

Looking at the speedway star if their figures were used for team building then Davey and Peter would both be second strings!

In fact Davey's average is only 0.43 more than PK's so why was Peter made the scapegoat just because he has scored more bonus points.

I know its a very old record but don't forget Hammers still have to play Poole a number of times still and we all know what tends to happen, the conspiracy theory does not exist for no reason at all.

I think we have reached the stage where you will juggle figures around as best you can to suit whatever argument comes in to your head.

The clubs own statistics which are kept quite meticulously are published every meeting in the L:akeside programme. Davey's average dipped a bit and is now increasing again. PK's has steadily dropped all season. Davey's GSA is within 0.2 of his starting average which is pretty good considering the new race format. while PK is on the way to dropping 1.5 below his starting average.. PK was bottom of the home averages and second from bottom of the away averages as at 4th July

However much you play around with figures it doesn't disguise the fact that the rider being paid a N01's wage is not riding like a No1 and in particular not winning heats 13 and 15 while riders on lower wages are having to take on a harder job.

As I said before, when Lakeside sacked Kasprzak a few years ago nobody cared because he is not a popular rider. People (including myself) are upset about PK leaving because he is a legend but the bottom line is that, as with Kasprzak a rider on a N01's money has to do a no 1's job , otherwise he has to take a pay cut or leave. Same with any club.

As for your conspiracy theory, it is just that_---a theory. If there was any proof it would be a fact.

• Like 1

My goodness, the things the keyboard warriors find to moan about. There have been 21 greensheets issued since the start of the season, and the latest was 4 days ago. They are all on the website for those that can be bothered to look. How much spoon feeding do people need.?

Are you seriously suggesting this is not enough ? Its what the team managers have to work from so I doubt that its insufficient for many fans.

Dont see myself as a moaning keyboard warrior - its not enough - those figures are the bare bones - no total points and no total rides quoted.

Even if you had those to have an informed opinion you need to have the full match history to know what points totals and rides are due to drop off.

If the figures on the BSPA website are all team managers have I would be very surprised and if any team manager was happy to only have those figures I would say that is unprofessional.

To have the full details readily available should be simple and straightforward.

Dont see myself as a moaning keyboard warrior - its not enough - those figures are the bare bones - no total points and no total rides quoted.

Even if you had those to have an informed opinion you need to have the full match history to know what points totals and rides are due to drop off.

If the figures on the BSPA website are all team managers have I would be very surprised and if any team manager was happy to only have those figures I would say that is unprofessional.

To have the full details readily available should be simple and straightforward.

A number of the clubs do keep their own records, using the same KanDysoft Spreadsheet as the BSPA. ;)

ATB

Dave

Why is it unprofessional ? For the vast majority of fans the averages are unimportant. fewer still bother bout the averages of any club except their own. Those who support a club can keep their own record from published information and as Gambo says there are other sources.The important figures ie the current GSA's are in every programme. Speedway certainly has some serious problems but picking holes in the alleged lack of information about averages is nit-picking for the sake of nit-picking.