British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle 'v' Berwick 20-07-14

How much am I looking forward to next week? Not a lot actually

• Like 1

Well done to the 'Diamonds' tonight. It looks like they were made to struggle for a while though. Maximums for both King and Kerr with strong support from Robbo and to a lesser extent Lindgren. A very satisfactory Result.

I'm looking forward to next week - no Speedway for about THREE weeks - I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Lindgren executed the pass of many a season in ht13. Awesome speedway.

A drawn out first 5 heats due mainly to tapes offences but some spectacular speedway in the last 5.

• Like 1

Good to see Kevin Doolan back on form. He had been a shadow of his former self on a couple of previous visits. The real disappointment to me was Vissing, even Liam Carr is showing improving Brough form.

One of the better meetings I have seen at Brough. Not going to criticise Vissing because hes been our standout rider this season, but he really cost us this evening. Jensen was unconvincing, as was Weathers, Doolan really appeared to have turned a corner which was good to see. Kus done what was expected, he should be scoring that everywhere and more as hes too good to be at reserve. Carr put plenty of effort in and perhaps deserved more. For the Diamonds King was a class apart, Lindgren was terrible first two then improved, Kerr and Robbo were solid. Apart from the top 4 I thought Newcastles other three were poor. All in all it was one of the better visits to Brough.

Well done to the 'Diamonds' tonight. It looks like they were made to struggle for a while though. Maximums for both King and Kerr with strong support from Robbo and to a lesser extent Lindgren. A very satisfactory Result.

I'm looking forward to next week - no Speedway for about THREE weeks - I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms.

I don't really know why you said to a lesser extent lindgren. When he made his way to 2nd from the back his bike might have not been right for his second race then worked hard to get it sorted won the next one and in that race lapped kus. Then for his final ride made a tremendous pass plus in his last two home meetings he has had maximums so you need to give this lad a break

• Like 2

Long meeting with several re-runs. Second bend causing a lot of problems again early on. Still not sure how Robbo managed to miss Lewis Kerr's back wheel after picking up unwanted drive in heat 3. Track seemed very grippy on the outside which produced some spectacular action although a bit hair raising at times.

Good win although I think the play-offs is out of reach given our dreadful away form. Good to see Danny King looking very quick tonight and more like the powerful number 1 we'd hoped for. Berwick were lively with Kus again riding well at reserve. I don't remember him riding with any such determination around here when at Redcar. Doolan was also good value.

Not sure why the Berwick fan with the stripy top felt the need to walk over to the pits and shout a load of expletives at Simon Nielsen after the clash with Vissing - although he disappeared as quickly as he arrived the coward. It was hard riding but Vissing ain't exactly innocent when it comes to tough riding is he.....

• Like 3

Long meeting with several re-runs. Second bend causing a lot of problems again early on. Still not sure how Robbo managed to miss Lewis Kerr's back wheel after picking up unwanted drive in heat 3. Track seemed very grippy on the outside which produced some spectacular action although a bit hair raising at times.

Good win although I think the play-offs is out of reach given our dreadful away form. Good to see Danny King looking very quick tonight and more like the powerful number 1 we'd hoped for. Berwick were lively with Kus again riding well at reserve. I don't remember him riding with any such determination around here when at Redcar. Doolan was also good value.

Not sure why the Berwick fan with the stripy top felt the need to walk over to the pits and shout a load of expletives at Simon Nielsen after the clash with Vissing - although he disappeared as quickly as he arrived the coward. It was hard riding but Vissing ain't exactly innocent when it comes to tough riding is he.....

wasnt the knacker with the kus hoodie on was it??

Aye vissing did exactly the same if not worse to steve Worrall last season.

King should have been excluded instead of Carr aswell.

Edited by Arson fire

there you go again !!!,,, Stuey 8 + 2 from five, Lightning 7 + 1 from four,,, you do the maths, you cantancerous old git !!!

wasnt the knacker with the kus hoodie on was it??

Aye vissing did exactly the same if not worse to steve Worrall last season.

King should have been excluded instead of Carr aswell.

No, some random lad.

Agree Carr was a tad unlucky with that one. The ref should have excluded the second bend for me.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with hard riding imo. Not a spectator in the Nicki P. era. Could anyone tell me if he was as 'naughty' back then as well?

Decent nights racing in a meeting that had everything, falls, controversy and some good racing. Berwick were well in this meeting, and could probably have pinched a point or two but seemed to run out of steam towards the later races. Doolan and Kus were good for Berwick, Jensen and Wethers were ok and Carr deserved more for his efforts, however Berwick were let down by their no1 Vissing who sadly had his worst night of the season so far. Lack of race winners were Berwicks un-doing but they can be proud of their efforts.

King and Kerr were excellent for Newcastle, turning point for Newcastle was after having two poor outings Lindgren then went undefeated in his last two rides which went along way to open a gap in the scores.

Highlight of the night IMO was a Berwick fan who decided to walk up to the pits to throw a load of bile at Simon Nielsen, after making a bit of a testical of himself beat a hasty retreat.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with hard riding imo. Not a spectator in the Nicki P. era. Could anyone tell me if he was as 'naughty' back then as well?

In 1998 Nicki was just learning the 'art' then, but he used to have horrendous meetings against Craig Watson of Newport, with them taking turns on each corner to fence each other. Comical but dangerous.

• Like 1

He certainly was HadrianDog!!I can vividly recall him trying to send Kenny McKinna the Monarchs captain on to the Bathgate Road at Armadale in 1998,only to miss him and end up planted into the fence himself!The crowd went nuts haha,and you knew that a dark star was born ;) Priceless entertainment indeed.He hasn't mellowed much :D

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

He certainly was HadrianDog!!I can vividly recall him trying to send Kenny McKinna the Monarchs captain on to the Bathgate Road at Armadale in 1998,only to miss him and end up planted into the fence himself!The crowd went nuts haha,and you knew that a dark star was born ;) Priceless entertainment indeed.He hasn't mellowed much :D

I seem to remember Nicki trying to knock Jesper Olsen off...... his team-mate..... at Press & Practice...... George English nearly had kittens/a heart attack* :shock:

*Delete where applicable!

• Like 2