British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle 'v' Berwick 20-07-14

Yes they seemed to be in with great chance until that 5-0 against. Lots of teams have taken a hammering at Newcastle lately.

Newcastle are more than a decent team round their own track, and as last night showed have plenty race winners in their team.

Yes they seemed to be in with great chance until that 5-0 against. Lots of teams have taken a hammering at Newcastle lately.

yeah,,, thought Berwick might have sprung a suprise,,, very impressed with Doolan, best I've seen him round Brough for a while, expected more from Vissing, he normally goes ok here,,, the rest were ok, unlucky not to get anything,,,

as for Newcastle, I've said anuf,,, for now ;-)

your post included him in the top four, after King, Kerr and Robson,,, so in answer to the question,,, 'your lying now',,,

7 from 4, is better (average wise), than 8 from 5,,, 1.75 pts per ride, v 1.6 pts per ride,,, you try to add that Lindgren, might of, if he did, BUT,,, the FACT is that he did'nt,,, yet you still find some way of having a dig,,, 'to lesser extent', if you were trying to be nice, you may have just put 'and',,, plus, it's easier to spell and quicker to type :-)

Well - that's your opinion. I respect that.

In 1998 Nicki was just learning the 'art' then, but he used to have horrendous meetings against Craig Watson of Newport, with them taking turns on each corner to fence each other. Comical but dangerous.

My personal opinion that it Niki's early days and with most riders it was "good hard racing "and "most of them knew what they were doing".Nowadays bike technology has made it difficult to predict what is going to happen if the track is not as slick as a motorway and as a consequence we get a lot of crashes that look like dangerous riding but in fact the rider has just lost control due to the unpredictability of the bikes (and perhaps overriding)
  • Like 2

My personal opinion that it Niki's early days and with most riders it was "good hard racing "and "most of them knew what they were doing".Nowadays bike technology has made it difficult to predict what is going to happen if the track is not as slick as a motorway and as a consequence we get a lot of crashes that look like dangerous riding but in fact the rider has just lost control due to the unpredictability of the bikes (and perhaps overriding)

Agree with you.

From the first time I saw Pedersen racing in an early season challenge meeting at Berwick you could see he was a talent, and has gone on to realise that talent. Nicki is box office, even if its for the wrong reasons at times, and speedway will be the poorer when he calls it a day.

• Like 3

what do yi mean the track and refs fault ??

Think he was taking the Michael mate... As that's what is normally said if we win at home :)

well I wonder if the rumour I heard last night about anton coming back is true ,, cant see it myself but if it is.. who'll make way

any diamonds fans want'n to go to the 4's get ya sells along to the supporters club table on sunday 4 travel details etc don't be shy and get behind the lads

well I wonder if the rumour I heard last night about anton coming back is true ,, cant see it myself but if it is.. who'll make way

any diamonds fans want'n to go to the 4's get ya sells along to the supporters club table on sunday 4 travel details etc don't be shy and get behind the lads

I don't mind taking a mini bus ( as long as it's not the Cardiff one haha) if there isn't the demand for a coach bud, but you will have to sort as I'm away with work thurs-mon.

yeah av already spoke today about that,, al let yi no the crack asp but we need to get it sorted on sunday due to a couple of us who wont be there due to holiday mate

Decent nights racing in a meeting that had everything, falls, controversy and some good racing. Berwick were well in this meeting, and could probably have pinched a point or two but seemed to run out of steam towards the later races. Doolan and Kus were good for Berwick, Jensen and Wethers were ok and Carr deserved more for his efforts, however Berwick were let down by their no1 Vissing who sadly had his worst night of the season so far. Lack of race winners were Berwicks un-doing but they can be proud of their efforts.

King and Kerr were excellent for Newcastle, turning point for Newcastle was after having two poor outings Lindgren then went undefeated in his last two rides which went along way to open a gap in the scores.

Highlight of the night IMO was a Berwick fan who decided to walk up to the pits to throw a load of bile at Simon Nielsen, after making a bit of a testical of himself beat a hasty retreat.

A classic example of a 'borderer' then :nono:

He certainly was HadrianDog!!I can vividly recall him trying to send Kenny McKinna the Monarchs captain on to the Bathgate Road at Armadale in 1998,only to miss him and end up planted into the fence himself!The crowd went nuts haha,and you knew that a dark star was born ;) Priceless entertainment indeed.He hasn't mellowed much :D

And to Tsunami also. Tried to post a 'like i't on both replies, but some strange forum prob. prevented me. Really good to hear that we had a hand in creating the 'villain' of modern speedway.

Newcastle are more than a decent team round their own track, and as last night showed have plenty race winners in their team.

Nail on the head 'their own track'

Mongering at its best, but as to his return. That would be a yes-if we strengthen- by it?

Edited by HadrianDog