British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Wolves V Lakeside 21/7

Who'd have believed that eh?! Was told yesterday at about 2pm that Fricke was in for Proctor at Wolves. Said no, cant be true, they cant sign Fricke he's a work permit rider so cant double up once the season has started. Then 2 hours later Proctor withdraws from his PL meeting and we find out Fricke is in for Proctor at Wolves. Hmmmmm.

Heard the same thing today.

Ask to see the sick note Vatch!

You are fully entitled, given that this was not the line-up that would have been initially declared before the weekend.

More dropped points in what is fast turning into a meaningless season.

46-44

Doesn't really matter. Best post of the season on the BSF was by Yerropes who said who the hell cares about a tin-pot play-off trophy anyway. Once you look at it in those terms it becomes very liberating. Just go along and enjoy the racing, ignoring the unbalanced play-off nonsense. Yes I know the P.O's are a money spinner but getting there is such a lottery with guests and the luck of the FTDR draw, not to mention points and money lost by Brum not paying visiting clubs, dodgy rain offs , crass refereeing decisions, the T/R farce and all the rest of the nonsense that goes on it's hardly worth getting wound up over a tin pot trophy that only proves you had a very lucky run getting in the top four. Once you ignore all that and look at it on a match to match basis it actually becomes more enjoyable.

Hope it's a good meeting for the fans and everyone stays safe.

• Like 4

I agree its speedways backward thinking that it's all about the destination (play offs) not the journey of the actual league racing which often decends to farce for various reasons, 32 odd pointless league matches leading to six matches all of a sudden that people especially those in power care about.

Not that it matters but I don't think hammers have a hope in hell of getting a point tonight.

Generally (this season aside) Proctor seems to be a bit of a thorn in our side - pulling out a race win to cost us a point or two.

He's just generally one of those riders who does well against us. Jason Doyle is another.

You haven't seen much of Proctor then - he has been a thorn in Wolves fans side's rather than the oppositions :D

Wolfie

• Like 2

Where to start eh?

# Last week we were told that we would be looking at changes during the world cup break.

# Apparently tonight is a 'must win'.

So we are going into our 'must win' match without any team changes :rolleyes: Unless Fricke for Proctor was planned in advance, surely not?

By all accounts though it will be a 'bumper crowd'. Obviously swelled by the party celebrating Bert & Edna's 50th wedding anniversary.

CVS & Adams. Yesterday's men who strike paydirt once in a blue moon (Piotr) but refuse to realise that the speedway world has moved on. :icon_smile_clown: s

You're not fooling anyone but yourselves :mad:

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 4

Where to start eh?

# Last week we were told that we would be looking at changes during the world cup break.

# Apparently tonight is a 'must win'.

So we are going into our 'must win' match without any team changes :rolleyes: Unless Fricke for Proctor was planned in advance, surely not?

By all accounts though it will be a 'bumper crowd'. Obviously swelled by the party celebrating Bert & Edna's 50th wedding anniversary.

CVS & Adams. Yesterday's men who strike paydirt once in a blue moon (Piotr) but refuse to realise that the speedway world has moved on. :icon_smile_clown: s

You're not fooling anyone.

Whilst agreeing with much of that I don't agree that 'the speedway world has moved on'. It's stayed right where it's always been, about 1975. The 'world' has moved on though.

In terms of the 'speedway world' the Wolves promotion is still one of the best. That's not a claim to fame though....

Edited by BWitcher

.....I don't agree that 'the speedway world has moved on'. It's stayed right where it's always been, about 1975......

That's what I meant :D

The Wolves promotion used to be THE best. Now they're just marking time, hoping folks will roll up on Monday nights and flash the cash.

• Like 1

That's what I meant :D

The Wolves promotion used to be THE best. Now they're just marking time, hoping folks will roll up on Monday nights and flash the cash.

Or a Tuesday to be more accurate :)

• Like 3

The Wolves promotion used to be the best in the league but it appears no longer so.

I had an interesting twitter exchange over the weekend with a rider that the promotion made a big song and dance over trying to sign, and claimed we very narrowly missed out.

In the rider's words he claims the reason he chose another club to Wolves was down to the people involved and in his words a signing for Wolves was never going to happen for that reason.

A sad indictment indeed.

Wolfie

• Like 1

The Wolves promotion used to be the best in the league but it appears no longer so.

I had an interesting twitter exchange over the weekend with a rider that the promotion made a big song and dance over trying to sign, and claimed we very narrowly missed out.

In the rider's words he claims the reason he chose another club to Wolves was down to the people involved and in his words a signing for Wolves was never going to happen for that reason.

A sad indictment indeed.

Wolfie

You're taking the mickey :D

• Like 1

Tom Perry is in positive mood ahead of Wolves' crucial clash with Lakeside tonight and says he is ready for what will be a tough test.

Is Tom in 'a positive mood' for his 'tough test' because, as he said last week (pre-Cov appearance) he's 'going to be giving it 100'%?

He really is becoming a real little king of the clichés isn't he.

Tatum and Pearson must know that their days are numbered; and with you as his PA, who can blame them!

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1