British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Wolves V Lakeside 21/7

An outside rival maybe then.

? lakeside are a play rival not Wolves

Who'd have believed that eh?! Was told yesterday at about 2pm that Fricke was in for Proctor at Wolves. Said no, cant be true, they cant sign Fricke he's a work permit rider so cant double up once the season has started. Then 2 hours later Proctor withdraws from his PL meeting and we find out Fricke is in for Proctor at Wolves. Hmmmmm.

Fricke can GUEST, which he has already done in the EL. Where has this double up stuff come from.

or just stirring the pot?

Doesn't really matter. Best post of the season on the BSF was by Yerropes who said who the hell cares about a tin-pot play-off trophy anyway.

The play offs are the saviour of the current EL. THANK GOD we have them. They are the only thing that matters come season end - despite what some think.

Where to start eh?

# Last week we were told that we would be looking at changes during the world cup break.

# Apparently tonight is a 'must win'.

So we are going into our 'must win' match without any team changes :rolleyes: Unless Fricke for Proctor was planned in advance, surely not?

By all accounts though it will be a 'bumper crowd'. Obviously swelled by the party celebrating Bert & Edna's 50th wedding anniversary.

CVS & Adams. Yesterday's men who strike paydirt once in a blue moon (Piotr) but refuse to realise that the speedway world has moved on. :icon_smile_clown: s

You're not fooling anyone but yourselves :mad:

100% agree.

I am sick to death of this `must win s**t`. Tai had the nerve to say it last week (before struggling to 4 points) and now we are still being fed the same bull in the local press again.

WAKE UP - Wolves wont win nothing with this side this year and have no chance of the play offs any longer UNLESS you make changes. End of, so quit the bull and we might start giving a bit of respect.

Then we have to have a 2 page run down on Tai`s week and why he is so deservedly in need of a break in tonight`s programme. We already know. Here is my thought. I remember one day at work being balled out for having a sore back because i dare went to a concert and got pushed and how dare it affect my work!

Perhaps Adams could remind Tai that all the charity work is great and admirable, but if its interfering with your bread and butter work.................................. just saying like.

PLEASE NO MORE MUST WIN nonesense. Make changes or its season over.

Great win from the lads. Wonder if Steve Brum will do a Shovlar style match report!!

Unlike Shovlar i ALWAYS do a match report. Unlike some who are sore losers.

Its coming, give me chance. It wont be pleasant reading tho.

• Like 3

A night where a rider guests for a play off rival to his team & comes up with a score that just looks so dodgy.

No Bomber is just gash CR!!! No conspiracy there!

A night where a rider guests for a play off rival to his team & comes up with a score that just looks so dodgy.

No Bomber is just gash CR!!! No conspiracy there!

Fricke can GUEST, which he has already done in the EL. Where has this double up stuff come from.

or just stirring the pot?

The play offs are the saviour of the current EL. THANK GOD we have them. They are the only thing that matters come season end - despite what some think.

100% agree.

I am sick to death of this `must win s**t`. Tai had the nerve to say it last week (before struggling to 4 points) and now we are still being fed the same bull in the local press again.

WAKE UP - Wolves wont win nothing with this side this year and have no chance of the play offs any longer UNLESS you make changes. End of, so quit the bull and we might start giving a bit of respect.

Then we have to have a 2 page run down on Tai`s week and why he is so deservedly in need of a break in tonight`s programme. We already know. Here is my thought. I remember one day at work being balled out for having a sore back because i dare went to a concert and got pushed and how dare it affect my work!

Perhaps Adams could remind Tai that all the charity work is great and admirable, but if its interfering with your bread and butter work.................................. just saying like.

PLEASE NO MORE MUST WIN nonesense. Make changes or its season over.

Steve. Wolves won't win ANYTHING... :)

Secondly, do you honestly believe you have a chance of a play off position? LOL :D:D:D

Not disputing the financial importance of the play-offs Steve, and not disputing they are the saviour of the current EL its just that once you realise its a lottery, that isn't worth getting too worked up about its easier to just sit back and enjoy the racing. Chill man :approve:

Must agree about your match reports though. I do find them reasonably informative and unlike Shovlars they don't seem as though the North Korean Official Censor has had to approve them first. :t:

Already discussed the `must win` nonsense. Most of us in attendance knew that this match had away win all over it.

Crowd was down despite gorgeous weather. Maybe some were just too tired to come tonight.

Harris proved a liability and an an inability to stay on the bike. At least he scored similar to the rider the rider he replaced.

He was still next to useless.

After the first race call back we seemed to switch up a gear and looked like we had a little bit of fight about us.

Bomber helped throw more points away in Heat 5 just as it looked like we were about to go 6 up, we then never looked like taking control.

A good ride by Bech just caught out an impressive Jacob in the 6th.

Fricke, who had hugely impressed previously as a guest against us seemed to struggle handling the opening bends in his heats so allowing fresh air from the off.

Ricky and Jacob both battled hard to get in scoring positions in the 8th and then both reserves got lucky in the 9th capitalising on mistakes by both Hammers riders, 2 up and still in it.

Harris stayed on his bike this time to finish adrift of the ever improving Bech in Heat 10 whilst Fricke capitalised on a mistake by Barker who was doing everything in his power to fence him by sneaking under him while he lifted.

Jacob rode superbly in the 11th with a swoop under Watt, impressive. However Pawlicki had a big engine blow in 3rd . More points lost.

Heat 13 and we were all level. Pawlicki looked much slower and both Hammers gated and gone. I think Harris finished the race but he was so far behind i couldn't be sure.

Advantage Lakeside now, Ricky did the duty in the 14th but Jacob couldn't hold onto 3rd which would have given us a fighting chance.

My money was on a Hammers 5-1 in the last to take all points but with Bech not getting off the gate and Pawlicki back to his speediest best Watt was never going to let 2nd go.

The better team won, as expected. Probably would have been by more if the master of Monmore was still in the side!

WOLVES

BOMBER - Woeful, despite trying his best in a couple of race. 0.5/5

FRICKE - Struggled early on but was good entertainment in his last 2 heats. Scored about the same as the rider he was guesting for! 2/5

JACOB - Worth more points for effort alone. 3/5

RICKY - If only he could produce this on a more consistent basis. MOTM 4/5

PIOTR - So quick in 3 heats, struggled in the 13th however. 3.5/5

JOE - Did well early on and raced hard against a quality draft rider. 3/5

TOM - He tries but at least managed to beat his opposing number on both occasions. 1/5

LAKESIDE

Watt - Excellent night from the captain. Rode well for his points and also in the hunt when behind. 4.5/5

Lawson - had one dodgy ride when he seemed to go backwards in Heat 8, otherwise did his job well. 3/5

Barker - the usual performance from Barker, never consistent. 2/5

Nilsson - The score flatters him a little. Nowhere in the 5th , but took 3rd thru Harris fall, picked up 3rd in the 11th when nowhere after Pawlicki had his EF. Did his job in the easiest heats but PK would have added 4-5 points more. 2/5

Bech - struggled early on then just got better. Class. 3.5/5

Ellis - Despite twice losing to Jacobs he was top reserve on the night. 3/5

Morley - struggled all night. 0/5

• Like 2

Secondly, do you honestly believe you have a chance of a play off position? LOL :D:D:D

He thought David Howe could be World Champion :wink:

• Like 1

Cant believe anything i have said is in dispute!

With changes we MIGHT make the Play offs.

Coventry looked iffy till they made the change so its possible.

However i believe its too late in the day unless we go on a charge WITH NEW BLOOD.

As a fan you HAVE to believe your team is good enough - but i think i have made my position clear on our team right now!!

And if the promotion BELIEVE we can make the play offs they had better start making changes hadn't they!!

Not disputing the financial importance of the play-offs Steve, and not disputing they are the saviour of the current EL its just that once you realise its a lottery, that isn't worth getting too worked up about its easier to just sit back and enjoy the racing. Chill man :approve:

Must agree about your match reports though. I do find them reasonably informative and unlike Shovlars they don't seem as though the North Korean Official Censor has had to approve them first. :t:

Nobody enjoys my speedway more than me!! But i want a team of 1-7 that at least look like they want to race for us. Not too much to ask is there!!

Match report up and fair and called as it see it - i think you will agree. :approve:

He thought David Howe could be World Champion :wink:

HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE - so nearly right for once. :wink:

Did you predict Wolves to be basement dwellers last season as well??

Sometimes predictions can make one look daft cant they orion. :t:

Cant believe anything i have said is in dispute!

However i believe its too late in the day unless we go on a charge WITH NEW BLOOD.

As a fan you HAVE to believe your team is good enough - but i think i have made my position clear on our team right now!!

And if the promotion BELIEVE we can make the play offs they had better start making changes hadn't they!!

Nobody enjoys my speedway more than me!! But i want a team of 1-7 that at least look like they want to race for us. Not too much to ask is there!!

Match report up and fair and called as it see it - i think you will agree. :approve:

HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE - so nearly right for once. :wink:

Did you predict Wolves to be basement dwellers last season as well??

No .

Actually Coventry have been almost-certs for the play-offs for some time, with the 2nd best away record in the league. Their home points lost (-9) against away points gained (+15) gives them +6 overall. They are efffectively 2nd in the league atm on that basis. As long as they don't lose anymore home points they should easily make it.

Wolves unfortunately are almost bottom, with an overall of -10 (same as Leicester but above them due to match pts difference). Wolves obviously need to win away to close the gap to have any chance.

Guys its not Pete Adams fault. If you want someone to blame then I am sorry but its because of Woffy.

Darcy Ward does the same amount of meetings as Tai.

If Woffy was there tonight then Wolves would have won instead you have had to book Harris who only scored 2 points.

Hahahaha what a hilarious comment.. Yes blame a guy who wasn't even racing, after all he controls the 7 riders out there racing tonight and also the management. Get a grip, just because darcy is managing it so far doesn't mean everyone else can. No 2 people are the same pal.... (Leaving it at that before I have to justify my comments anymore)

Im ok thanks I only have 1 account on here and that is Gater1. If you want to keep on thinking I am a multi poster then that is fine by me.

Thought you had me on ignore?

Or is it another case of forgetting your previous posts :)

Went of this meeting hoping for a Wolves win as they were never a threat for the play-offs while Lakeside are. But left giggling at Wolves losing at home. Get back gone to read stevebrums comments and have another giggle. The one thing he has got right is Kim Nilssons score is flattering - I didn't even notice him other than in heat 7.

Cheats never prosper. If you will have a guest booked before the rider he is replacing is injured you deserve to lose.