British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 21 July, 2014

Gate 4 and two crucial engine failures handed swundin the win.

First team to take any points off a full strength Aces at KL so can't argue with that.

It did look like the famous Rosco heat 10 team talk had done the trick though.

What 2 engine failures?.

Well done all 7 Robins & Nathan's 3 points were vital.

Hope Matej gets a massive fine as that was bloody dangerous what he did in Heat 15 & could've caused a serious crash.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 2

Whats Zagar doing in heat 15? .Seems everyone is used to his"give up" antics and its just normal but,riding round the inside of the track with Scott chasing the 2 robins is just not on.

Well done to Swindon, sharper away from the tapes and for Belle Vue, if your top two just get 11 between them it'll always be a struggle. Richie Worrall this year has also not kicked on like I thought he would.

To think he could still have been at Lakeside and we wouldn't have got Richard Lawson. :approve:

• Like 1

Next you'll be saying rosco has done a poor job at motivating Gustaffsson.

Well as Aces 51 said you have read the mangers books like Morton and Attwood do to get the best out of riders that is why they do so well each year .

Couldn't agree more & dont know why they do it:-)

which bit couldn't you agree with more?

A fantastic result given I thought we would get zip. Steve Worrall has been fantastic and 'no offers' to win the rider of the year.

• Like 1

Whats Zagar doing in heat 15? .Seems everyone is used to his"give up" antics and its just normal but,riding round the inside of the track with Scott chasing the 2 robins is just not on.

Zagar reminds me a bit of Michael Lee. Can be absolutely brilliant and breathtaking at his best, but other times can be a little bit weird, "funny" and can forget to engage his brain at times!

When he first came over to the country there was a nasty issue at Wolverhampton with Buzz Burrows (I think!) and I tend to look at him as bit of a Jekkyl & Hyde character.

Don't think he would've meant anything by his behaviour in heat 15, but probably just wasn't thinking.

What happened between Richie Worrall and Nick Morris anyway?

As a neutral I really enjoyed tonight , some great racing and an away win what more can you ask for ?

Swundin were the only team to 'trap' off any gate, that's why they won. Nil passes from the Swundin boys except when Nielsen had his bike failure.

Worrall passed Nielsen in heat 14 otherwise I think you're right.

It was still a very entertaining meeting, heat 11 being the highlight :approve:

The Aces were too inconsistent and disjointed and only Palm Toft (another battling performance), Nielsen and especially Nicholls can be happy with their scores. Indeed, that's the best I have seen Scott ride this season.

Worst sight was Zagar bumping onto the centre green as Nicholls was busting a gut to catch Batchelor & Kildemand. Very disappointing.

Congrats to Swindon!

Did Rosco tell the BV riders before the meeting that this was actually an away meeting for them?

No - Attwood did it for him

Attwood is the thickest manager in speedway. He could have given our second top points scorer an extra ride off gate 4 in heat 7 but somehow forgot.

To be fair to Attwood, Payne off gate 4 should have beaten Greaves.

It then left Nielsen's extra ride in heat 14 off gate 1 which is also pretty favourable. Probably would've worked too if his bike hadn't slowed.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, isn't it?

Not convinced it would have made that much difference, anyway. Swindon were just the superior side on the day, and BV were left carrying too many passengers.

Was hoping we may possibly get a point out of this meeting. What a result and 4 points, no other team has got anywhere near that at BV.

Don't get too excited we haven't ridden against Kings Lynn or Coventry yet!

Zagar reminds me a bit of Michael Lee. Can be absolutely brilliant and breathtaking at his best, but other times can be a little bit weird, "funny" and can forget to engage his brain at times!When he first came over to the country there was a nasty issue at Wolverhampton with Buzz Burrows (I think!) and I tend to look at him as bit of a Jekkyl & Hyde character.Don't think he would've meant anything by his behaviour in heat 15, but probably just wasn't thinking.What happened between Richie Worrall and Nick Morris anyway?

Yep definitely, I wouldn't have had him back this year after hearing some of the stories of things he did in the pits last year never mind paying him more on his set wage, but think they were desperate and didn't have a replacement.

When worralmand Morris got off their bikes going into pits words was said, there was a shove and punch thrown all with helmets on though.

An accurate assessment of the meeting. The Aces were involved in some brilliant racing from the back but as the track slickened off in the last few heats the advantage the fast gaters held was too much for us, for the first time this season.

Nielsens bike started popping and banging in heat 14 and Worrall passed him but he somehow kept it going and hung on to second place, hence the walk back to the pits. Attwood is the thickest manager in speedway. He could have given our second top points scorer an extra ride off gate 4 in heat 7 but somehow forgot.

Attwood's "logic" is not to get to far ahead thus not allowing the visitors the chance of a TR. Reality is we handed the initiative to Swindon and never recovered from it. At least take the choice of gates in ht15, but taking 1&3 in heat one is sheer lunacy. In football terms, it's a bit like saying let's go 2-0 down at half time as we'll make it up in the 2nd half.

So having passed up on the best gate for 3 out of the firts 4 race, he then compounds his folly by keep Payne off Gate 4 in heat 7 - totally clueless.

Lord help us when KL and Cov come calling!

Don't get too excited we haven't ridden against Kings Lynn or Coventry yet!

Yep definitely, I wouldn't have had him back this year after hearing some of the stories of things he did in the pits last year never mind paying him more on his set wage, but think they were desperate and didn't have a replacement.

When worralmand Morris got off their bikes going into pits words was said, there was a shove and punch thrown all with helmets on though.

Not too excited, it is just that your home record has been good.

• Like 1