British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 21 July, 2014

I'm sure you are right about that.

The problem with going to one or two nights is not only whether all EL clubs who are tenants could do it and whether it would work for them, moving away from their traditional race night but also whether there would be a sufficient increase in crowds to pay for these returning stars. Similar financial considerations also apply to squads.

Was it me or was that a decent gate on Monday as well ?

Perhaps people are learning (I certainly have) that Kirky Lane is very good racing track.

Perhaps people are learning (I certainly have) that Kirky Lane is very good racing track.

The two best EL meetings I've seen this season have both come from Kirky Lane - what a turnaround :t:

Last night's meeting was the 2nd best of the two, despite the magnificent victory for the Rockinest Robins :t:

As I have said before, I had given up hope that the track could be prepared to provide the good racing we used to see in the early 90's. A number of different curators had all tried and failed so even more credit to Colin Meredith and his team who have now produced a consistently good racing strip.

I was enjoying the racing too much on Monday to give any real attention to the size of the crowd but my impression is that it was a good turnout. I know it is difficult to assess crowd numbers but they seem to me to be up this year.

Difficult to estimate crowd numbers at Belle Vue, as you can virtually stand all around the track, (not like some where you are all huddled together in just the one straight), and now that the terracing on turns 3&4 is open again, on a nice night a lot of people go up there, not forgetting the tractor gate crew opposite the start gate, and the grass knoll. Always surprises me how many fans still sit inside on a warm sunny evening, perhaps they are frightened of losing their table seats.

It is about time that posters on here stopped automatically labelling BV as a crap track, from what I have seen this year it is one of the best prepared, and the racing is up with the best, even though we lost on Monday there was plenty of exciting racing, well done Swindon.

Difficult to estimate crowd numbers at Belle Vue, as you can virtually stand all around the track, (not like some where you are all huddled together in just the one straight), and now that the terracing on turns 3&4 is open again, on a nice night a lot of people go up there, not forgetting the tractor gate crew opposite the start gate, and the grass knoll. Always surprises me how many fans still sit inside on a warm sunny evening, perhaps they are frightened of losing their table seats.

It is about time that posters on here stopped automatically labelling BV as a crap track, from what I have seen this year it is one of the best prepared, and the racing is up with the best, even though we lost on Monday there was plenty of exciting racing, well done Swindon.

Sunshine - with no chance of a rain-off - is always good for fans, whichever club it is!!!

If you mean the presenter on mic, Natalie Quirk.

I dunno she sometimes marks the start line out and puts the tapes down one side

So Attwood admits that he screwed up and Scott says that choosing to give Matej Gate 3 in heat 1 put him on a downer for the night. With the right gate choice, the result could have been very different. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistake, but not counting on it.