British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

How Have Riders Found The New Format

Been doing some research to find out how the riders have taken to the new league structure and here is my findings.

***Heat leader averages***

BELLE VUE Zagar - 0.26, cook - 0.39, nicholls - 0.32

So all our heat leaders have dropped there averages

COVENTRY Andersen - 0.59, harris 0.04, hansen + 0.02

So there top 2 dropped there average but hansen improved but he is now a second string so that helped it rise

EASTIE Pedersen -0.27, kylmo - 0.83, Woodward -0.11

Again all dropped and Woodward is now a second string. So very poor from Woodward

LYNN Iversen +0.09, Bjerre -0.21, schlein +0.02

Very good from schlein really

LAKESIDE Watt -0.22, bridger + 0.18

Bridger did have a spell at middle string though. Also PK -1.38 so can see why they got rid

LEICESTER Doyle +0 48, Mads -0.03

Very well done by Doyle. Not bad from Mads really to

POOLE Pawlicki +0.32, Janowski +0.04

You can see why poole are up here

SWINDON Kildermand +0.16, batchelor -0.27, Morris +0.40

Great from kildermand and even better from Morris. Surprised by these averages

WOLVES Woffinden -1.56, Pawlicki +0.08, proctor -0.12

Very very poor from woffy and proctor nice and steady from piotr.

So from that woffy and PK are clearly the worse riders in league this year and for me Doyle and Morris are the most improved

***second strings***

BELLE VUE Worrall + 0.21, toft +1.46

steady from worrall and great from toft. Everyone's surprised rider

COVENTRY Howarth +0.82

EASTIE Michaelson +1.67, lahti +1.31

Eastbourne middle strings are doing the business

LYNN Porsing +1.63, lambert 2.35

Ditto eastie but my god what an improvement from lambert. The kids good

LAKESIDE Bech +2.36, lawson +1.56

Ditto the 2 teams above and special mention to beck who as been a heat leader for last 2 months

LEICESTER Stead + 0.58

POOLE josh + 1.10 milk +2.34

Once again a massive average ride from a teams second strings and look at milk. No surprise to me. A cracking young rider

SWINDON Gustafsson +0.74

WOLVES Wells +0.35, thorsell +1.58

Good from thorsell that

So as we can see all second strings have improved with worrall being the least improved and bech the most improved

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

As I said at the start of the season some averages will be false this year.I agree some second strings have improved,but because they do have easier races now compared to previous seasons most of the second strings have inflated averages.

What they (BSPA) will do with averages next year I don't know.

Appreciate the time and effort you have obviously put in, to get this information. . Makes interesting reading.....

Richard Lawson should make the most of being an EL rider this season as his EL career will be over in November. Whos going to sign him on a 7-8 point average when you can have anyone but Ward, Iversen and Zagar on the same or less?!

Richard Lawson should make the most of being an EL rider this season as his EL career will be over in November. Whos going to sign him on a 7-8 point average when you can have anyone but Ward, Iversen and Zagar on the same or less?!

You're the making assumption that a rider's EOS 2014 average will be the same as his SOS 2015 average, which may or may not be the case.

You're the making assumption that a rider's EOS 2014 average will be the same as his SOS 2015 average, which may or may not be the case.

C'mon, you're suggesting the BSPA might do something sensible here!! :D

C'mon, you're suggesting the BSPA might do something sensible here!! :D

When it comes to the BSPA, Shawn, you should always expect the unexpected! ;)

Has there been any announcement on what they do with averages for next season ?....they surely cannot just lump everybody together with the average they finished this season with.....ok, the fast track riders don't have an average but how long do they stay fast track riders for ?....second strings have a hugely inflated average, nearly as much as established heat leaders so they surely cannot keep that average for team building as they basically become unemployable through no fault of their own...

There are going to have to be some sensible decisions made over team make ups next season based on this seasons performances or it could become a farce.....or has something already been announced ?

I would think the simpleist way would be to 'weight' the second strings ie their average is multiplied by 0.6 or 0.7 ...or something along those lines, that will bring it all back into line! :D

Interesting reading and much appreciated, but I'm surprised NKI is -0.83 considering he's probably top of the EL averages, his GSA has gone from 9.12 to 9.21 and as far as I know his average with bonus has gone up to around 10 points from around 9 and a half. I guess the figures are minus bonus points?

JT.

Been doing some research to find out how the riders have taken to the new league structure and here is my findings.

***Heat leader averages***

BELLE VUE Zagar - 0.26, cook - 0.39, nicholls - 0.32

So all our heat leaders have dropped there averages

COVENTRY Andersen - 0.59, harris 0.04, hansen + 0.02

So there top 2 dropped there average but hansen improved but he is now a second string so that helped it rise

EASTIE Pedersen -0.27, kylmo - 0.83, Woodward -0.11

Again all dropped and Woodward is now a second string. So very poor from Woodward

LYNN Iversen -0.83, Bjerre -0.21, schlein +0.02

Very good from schlein really

LAKESIDE Watt -0.22, bridger + 0.18

Bridger did have a spell at middle string though. Also PK -1.38 so can see why they got rid

LEICESTER Doyle +0 48, Mads -0.03

Very well done by Doyle. Not bad from Mads really to

POOLE Pawlicki +0.32, Janowski +0.04

You can see why poole are up here

SWINDON Kildermand +0.16, batchelor -0.27, Morris +0.40

Great from kildermand and even better from Morris. Surprised by these averages

WOLVES Woffinden -1.56, Pawlicki +0.08, proctor -0.12

Very very poor from woffy and proctor nice and steady from piotr.

So from that woffy and PK are clearly the worse riders in league this year and for me Doyle and Morris are the most improved

***second strings***

BELLE VUE Worrall + 0.21, toft +1.46

steady from worrall and great from toft. Everyone's surprised rider

COVENTRY Howarth +0.82

EASTIE Michaelson +1.67, lahti +1.31

Eastbourne middle strings are doing the business

LYNN Porsing +1.63, lambert 2.35

Ditto eastie but my god what an improvement from lambert. The kids good

LAKESIDE Bech +2.36, lawson +1.56

Ditto the 2 teams above and special mention to beck who as been a heat leader for last 2 months

LEICESTER Stead + 0.58

POOLE josh + 1.10 milk +2.34

Once again a massive average ride from a teams second strings and look at milk. No surprise to me. A cracking young rider

SWINDON Gustafsson +0.74

WOLVES Wells +0.35, thorsell +1.58

Good from thorsell that

So as we can see all second strings have improved with worrall being the least improved and bech the most improved

You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands! :D

I assumed that as this year, fast track riders will be graded, so that next season Blackbird and Kerr would be in the top grade and those fast track riders who have not done well put in the lower grades plus any new fast trackers coming in. Apart from grading their averages are for interest only as you cannot take them out of reserve, because you would only be guessing what their true average would be if they rode in main body of the team.

Don't know where these figures are from but Killer at Swindon hasn't upped his average as it's dropped by over half a point?.

You obviously have a lot of spare time on your hands! :D

I assumed that as this year, fast track riders will be graded, so that next season Blackbird and Kerr would be in the top grade and those fast track riders who have not done well put in the lower grades plus any new fast trackers coming in. Apart from grading their averages are for interest only as you cannot take them out of reserve, because you would only be guessing what their true average would be if they rode in main body of the team.

There is no way the top reserves can be allowed back in next season as they're strolling it unless the level of the 2nd reserve is better than the riders this season.

Don't know his they will do all the averages but have no doubt they thought about that when they did the new format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Crazy robin

Dont understand why anyone is commenting on this.

According the debate I was having on the Lakeside/Leicester thread averages are irrelevant and no fans are interested in them.

Seems like my opinion that they are could be right after all.

Don't know where these figures are from but Killer at Swindon hasn't upped his average as it's dropped by over half a point?.

There is no way the top reserves can be allowed back in next season as they're strolling it unless the level of the 2nd reserve is better than the riders this season.

Don't know his they will do all the averages but have no doubt they thought about that when they did the new format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the bspa website. I've took averages from the 1st issued averages to the latest.

Interesting reading and much appreciated, but I'm surprised NKI is -0.83 considering he's probably top of the EL averages, his GSA has gone from 9.12 to 9.21 and as far as I know his average with bonus has gone up to around 10 points from around 9 and a half. I guess the figures are minus bonus points?

JT.

Yeh sorry. Nki as I.proved. I took the wrong average for him. So it shows Niels is having an exceptional season

• Like 1

From the bspa website. I've took averages from the 1st issued averages to the latest.

Yeh sorry. Nki as I.proved. I took the wrong average for him. So it shows Niels is having an exceptional season

The average shown for Killer in the local rag shows him half a point down .