British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Berwick V Rye House (pl) - Now 23/8

I must say that I'm really looking forward to making my first ever visit to Shielfield Park this Saturday, although not the long journey involved from King's Lynn!!

I did make the journey a few years ago, only to receive a phone call when some 10-miles from the stadium, to let me know the meeting had been rained-off. I see the BBC weather is forecasting some rain again for this Saturday, and all I can is wait with baited breath, and hope it's something of nothing.

I get to see quite a lot of Rye House these days since King's Lynn opted to go into the Elite League, and I must say that I much prefer the Premier League racing. I spoke to a lot of Peterborough fans on Sunday, and for them, it's the best thing there club ever did was to drop down a level, if that's what you can call it.

Although I think the 'Bandits' will chalk up quite a large victory, the introduction into the 'Rockets' septet of Anders Mellgren, does give them that extra bit of strength than they might otherwise have been.

So good luck in your meeting against Edinburgh tonight, stay injury free, and I look forward to being in your company on Saturday evening.

• Like 1

I expect a big score on Saturday on my return home :approve:.. The other half is looking forward to it too :lol:

Not expecting much, our season is well over. Only up for the Scotch pies and a bit of Bandits hospitality in the Black & Gold after the carnage.

Edited by Shadders

Not expecting much, our season is well over. Only up for the Scotch pies and a bit of Bandits hospitality in the Black & Gold after the carnage.

plus a kiss for the presenter?

plus a kiss for the presenter?

He'll have to find me first. He hadn't shaved last year. I came out in a rash Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Where?

:party:

No Luke Bowen for the Rockets. Can Rye turn their season around? Well no in a nutshell.........

Why no Luke?

another hammering for the Hapless Rockets...

The never ending spiral of rocket fans despair continues...

another hammering for the Hapless Rockets...

The never ending spiral of rocket fans despair continues...

Well, Mr Panther, at least Rye House fans know they have a dependable promoter, aren't likely to go bust (yet again) or call meetings off without valid explantations.

Clubs' on-track fortunes wax and wane, but at the end of the day, it's the ability to open up each week, each year......

• Like 1

Well, Mr Panther, at least Rye House fans know they have a dependable promoter, aren't likely to go bust (yet again) or call meetings off without valid explantations.

Clubs' on-track fortunes wax and wane, but at the end of the day, it's the ability to open up each week, each year......

I am 70% Panther 30% Rocket... ;)

I am 70% Happy and 30% Pissed off!! :o

to be honest uncle Len calls off meetings if there is even the threat a cloud cover over Hoddesdon these days!! :D

After the success at Rye House in 2005 & 2007 and the years of being spoiled watching Wooffy - the current and recent teams have left a lot to be desired!! as has supporter interest in watching the team at Hoddesdon..

2/3