British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Berwick V Rye House (pl) - Now 23/8

Aye cause all the seats "reserved" for all the travelling rye fans

What, all three of us?

Majority of people sat in cars till it was called off, but there a few who had walked over from Prior or Tweedmouth, feel sorry for those ones but what can you do.

Yes I imagine given it Rye House they would want to give it every chance? By reports seemed a lost cause for second week running. Berwick could do without that financially. I think they have now had 5 home rain offs including the gp

Now on Rye House site.

Maybe jumped the gun as Berwick listed to ride Glasgow

Yes I imagine given it Rye House they would want to give it every chance? By reports seemed a lost cause for second week running. Berwick could do without that financially. I think they have now had 5 home rain offs including the gp

Maybe jumped the gun as Berwick listed to ride Glasgow

I'm sure they wouldn't of announced it before consulting the Glasgow promotion

VIP seats of course.

I was planning on grabbing a Scotch pie & cheeseburger before dashing off to the back straight, as far away from Dick Barrie as possible as I'm sure he had a surprise or two in store for me. He already had one prepared in the meeting programme which he gave me a copy of!! Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

I must say that I'm really looking forward to making my first ever visit to Shielfield Park this Saturday, although not the long journey involved from King's Lynn!!

I did make the journey a few years ago, only to receive a phone call when some 10-miles from the stadium, to let me know the meeting had been rained-off. I see the BBC weather is forecasting some rain again for this Saturday, and all I can is wait with baited breath, and hope it's something of nothing.

I get to see quite a lot of Rye House these days since King's Lynn opted to go into the Elite League, and I must say that I much prefer the Premier League racing. I spoke to a lot of Peterborough fans on Sunday, and for them, it's the best thing there club ever did was to drop down a level, if that's what you can call it.

Although I think the 'Bandits' will chalk up quite a large victory, the introduction into the 'Rockets' septet of Anders Mellgren, does give them that extra bit of strength than they might otherwise have been.

So good luck in your meeting against Edinburgh tonight, stay injury free, and I look forward to being in your company on Saturday evening.

Yep, I got there and was in the stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure they wouldn't of announced it before consulting the Glasgow promotion

How sure? ;)

How sure? ;)

Not at all sure now!!
  • Like 1

Not at all sure now!!

if I had been a nasty person I'd have got you to bet on it but as I had inside info it wouldnt have been fair and Im from the West Coast so you got away with it :P

speaking to the Rye House riders / management on Saturday, they were quite keen to ride tonight seeing as they were only at Newcastle last night. But with Berwick already using up 3 of there 4 allowed alternative nights, can see this meeting being restaged later in the season.

Now rescheduled for next Saturday, the 23rd, as the first half of a double header with Newcastle.

Edited by Alan_Jones

Now rescheduled for next Saturday, the 23rd, as the first half of a double header with Newcastle.

Strange that it's taken this long to announce it. I heard about it on Monday. At least we'll get the track with some grip on it

Strange that it's taken this long to announce it. I heard about it on Monday. At least we'll get the track with some grip on it

No grip here, slick as little Lens bum, :D

After the last cock up, probably took time to double and triple check with everyone.