British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wiseguy

World Cup Betting

4/4 for me tonight.

Miracles do happen after all!

• Like 1

I got lucky tonight I had Aus -5 v Sweden. Well done MrMungo.

BOOKIE BASHING!

Yep, I won 3 out of 4 bets by just a point too, so pretty fortunate in that sense. Got a bit close!

Some you win, some you lose, just got to enjoy the ones you win!

• Like 1

Both Hancock in heat 1 and Doyle in heat 8 were against nilsson surely that is a related bet ?

The bookies tend to be very cagey with related bets in speedway. As long as you know before hand you can't really complain, they don't have to offer any bet they don't want to. Agree it's annoying though.

Then if you want to have a bet for Andy Murray to win Wimbledon and the US Open you can have a double ,yet there might be the same 100 players in both events . Surely they must be related bets also but there is no problem getting on for that double.

Your wrong I'm afraid, you can't do Murray to win those two events in a double as they are deemed to be related events, if he wins the 1st event he is obviously going to be a shorter price for the 2nd. You may be able to bet a special price for the double but it will be at shorter odds than the individual prices multiplied by each other.

Speedway heats in one meeting should be all set up as related events by bookmakers just by there nature.

Sporting Index are quoting (on a 50-30-20-10 index)

Poland 38-40

Denmark 32-34

Australia 24-26

GB 12-14

Already brought Australia 19 @ £10 before the race off, so could take £50 profit now. But betting on teams to finish 2nd or 3rd could be awkward, the top 3 are only interested in winning it, but GB would love a bronze. Seen it before when certain riders cant be bothered once the meeting is won.

GB 12-14. Woffy should get that on his own!

Thought I'd try my luck again.

Put some faith in Team GB, which hopefully won't be misplaced!

Harris +4 - will only need one good ride plus dribs and drabs and he usually does better when riding for GB.

GB +22 - if the World Champ has a good one, and he should, then it needs only a handful from each of the other 3.

Nicki +10 - may get an extra ride, or may get an exclusion, who knows!

Hampel -11 - not really impressed me this year.

Thought I'd try my luck again.

Put some faith in Team GB, which hopefully won't be misplaced!

Harris +4 - will only need one good ride plus dribs and drabs and he usually does better when riding for GB.

GB +22 - if the World Champ has a good one, and he should, then it needs only a handful from each of the other 3.

Nicki +10 - may get an extra ride, or may get an exclusion, who knows!

Hampel -11 - not really impressed me this year.

agree on hampel 11 is a big tally considering he's had a below average season,harris and gb over 22 but only just woffy should get 15/16pts imo harris should get 5ish thats 20 so 3between king and stead should be do-able.

I did hampel under 11 not sure on what else to do.

Edited by PTW

fancy the danes, but not confident enough to back them heavily, had loads of little bets instead

Harris +2 vs Mads. If the Danes are in trouble the first rider to lose a ride will be Mads while Bomber may get an extra ride.

Your wrong I'm afraid, you can't do Murray to win those two events in a double as they are deemed to be related events, if he wins the 1st event he is obviously going to be a shorter price for the 2nd. You may be able to bet a special price for the double but it will be at shorter odds than the individual prices multiplied by each other.

Speedway heats in one meeting should be all set up as related events by bookmakers just by there nature.

Not necessarily. The company I bet with won't let me do multiple heats or riders +/- in a double.

I would suggest the reason is probably the person concerned maybe half decent at heat betting and therefore they don't want to allow him the option of taking money off them in multiple bets. If anyone shows any decent knowledge on speedway whether it be over/under's or handicap betting they will stop you doubling up and bets will be reduced.

Picked Poland -15 v GB and Harris v Korneliussen.