British Speedway Forum
gary moore

No Sky This Year?

We decided this year not to subscribe to Sky sports and pay silly money to see `iffy` racing and hear the screaming twins. Were glad we did now.

Swedish Speedway, apart from a couple of `quite` meetings has been great!

Coupled with the fact that the GP series and the world cup are on Eurosport we made the right move and saved money.

• Like 1

Is it just me or are Sky showing much fewer EL matches than usual................There seems to have been quite a few weeks when no match has been shown.......Last week being a prime example, Wolves v Lakeside or Belle Vue v Swindon......Either would have been good viewing for the fans of said teams or the neutrals surely???

We decided this year not to subscribe to Sky sports and pay silly money to see `iffy` racing and hear the screaming twins. Were glad we did now.

Swedish Speedway, apart from a couple of `quite` meetings has been great!

Coupled with the fact that the GP series and the world cup are on Eurosport we made the right move and saved money.

As you've watched, and enjoyed so much televised speedway, has it caused you to choose not to attend any speedway meetings you might otherwise have attended? - and I don't mean meetings which have been on TV

good question midland red, not aimed at me I know but if I see a good meeting on sky ,it makes me want to see the bees on a Friday more than ever.

I cannot get into the Swedish league at all it just seems strange watching riders you see in the elite league as rivals riding as team mates or vice versa ,maybe it's a generational thing.

It used to irritate me the screaming twins that is ,but I think they have toned it down a bit this year although dear old Nigel is still likely to think someone has made a good gate when in fact they are mired at the back.

All heading towards one league again I reckon back to the future 1965 is the new 2015.

• Like 1

Not aimed at me either but I've not subscribed to Sky Sports this season for the first time and have only missed it on the odd occasion. I can watch the G.P's etc. on Eurosport, also the Swedish matches if I wanted to but strangely enough I've not really been that interested in them. I've watched a couple of the matches but that's all. Still watch the G.P's but if they weren't on Eurosport I probably wouldn't bother with them either. Should I get worried? :lol:

Sky is certainly expensive but any speedway is a bonus for me...I certainly wouldn't subscribe to Sky purely for the speedway...the product is not that good !

Swedish speedway really means nothing to us, goes to show!! :-)

I would never give a penny to Sky and it's vile owner. I'm a Virgin man....so to speak.. :)

• Like 1

I would never give a penny to Sky and it's vile owner. I'm a Virgin man....so to speak.. :)

Don't Sky just sell it to Virgin anyway so in reality you do give money to Sky.

• Like 2

Don't Sky just sell it to Virgin anyway so in reality you do give money to Sky.

Not directly though, it's Virgins dough after it has left my account...

Swedish speedway really means nothing to us, goes to show!! :-)

Well i enjoy it - its speedway after all, and tbh I'd watch even if it was the German league. Any speedway on TV is a bonus as far as I'm concerned :)

• Like 2

Soon, I'm going to have to cancel my Sky subscription, as it's gradually creeping up in price, but as Sky Sports Mobile and Eurosport Player are about £10 per month each, I'll probably switch to that as everything else I watch is either on Freeview or it can be downloaded… somehow.

Should save me about £50 a month, plus more during the off-season.

I've not missed Sky either, Eurosports coverage had been great with GPs, SWC, Euros, Pairs and Swedish league.

• Like 1

Well i enjoy it - its speedway after all, and tbh I'd watch even if it was the German league. Any speedway on TV is a bonus as far as I'm concerned :)

Oh yeah it's okay, I don't really care about who wins apart from a team that includes a Lynn rider lol

As you've watched, and enjoyed so much televised speedway, has it caused you to choose not to attend any speedway meetings you might otherwise have attended? - and I don't mean meetings which have been on TV

yes