British Speedway Forum
gary moore

No Sky This Year?

Think back to the days of old upright engines. When speedway riders where men no the glory boys we see on the tracks today. Still love the sport, but the changes to the rules and the changes to the tracks and the bikes have changed it to what it has become today. Over fast bikes on slick tracks, and it is only the riders than get from the gate well that win the races. We see the odd close races, but those are very far and few. When do we ever see 2 riders work as a pair, not very often because thier team mate is usually so far infront, he dosen't even know where his team mate is.

• Like 3

Yes me too. Only problem is the T.V books don't seem to include what's on Eurosport 2. I'd actually forgotten all about tonight's World Cup until someone commented about it on Facebook. Been very busy gardening and thought I'd go to ASDA for the weekly shop tonight instead of this afternoon - plans now changed. :lol:

I used to miss meetings on Euro 2 as well so now look at this each week

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

I also look at the thread Speedway on TV 2014

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

You're entitled to be wrong of course. That's your choice. You're not entitled to rewrite history though. :)

Neither of us is entitled to do that BW. :)

As you've watched, and enjoyed so much televised speedway, has it caused you to choose not to attend any speedway meetings you might otherwise have attended? - and I don't mean meetings which have been on TV

Don't think he ever attends so no would be the answer, In fact much of what he watches on TV he'd moan endlessly about, in his absence, if it was served up at the EoES.

Like you I subscribe to Sky for a whole variety or reasons, but I have to say the EuroSport coverage has been excellent, and I am really warming to the presenters.

I just wish "Scotty" was referred to as Scott! Other than that excellent work by Eurosport's team :)

Where as we have Sky and Eurosport and I just cant get into Swedish speedway. Its nice to watch but a bit meh. Same with the SEC. I like British league racing and the GPs so would be lost without Sky.

Edited by SCB

Where as we have Sky and Eurosport and I just cant get into Swedish speedway. Its nice to watch but a bit meh. Same with the SEC. I like British league racing and the GPs so would be lost with Sky.

:blink: :blink:

Where as we have Sky and Eurosport and I just cant get into Swedish speedway. Its nice to watch but a bit meh. Same with the SEC. I like British league racing and the GPs so would be lost with Sky.

????

Must be me - second thing I can't understand on here today. :sad: :sad:

I'm struggling with the Post too. :sad:

????

Must be me - second thing I can't understand on here today. :sad: :sad:

I'm struggling with the Post too. :sad:

My phone trying to be clever and change without to with.

Without any affinity to any Swedish tema I don't care who wins or loses so it's just not quite the same, even when the racing is really good.

To me speedway is speedway, no matter if it's E.L, P.L. N.L Swedish, G.P. or what ever and I will watch as much as I can!!

Edited by redlead
  • Like 1

My phone trying to be clever and change without to with.

Without any affinity to any Swedish tema I don't care who wins or loses so it's just not quite the same, even when the racing is really good.

Aaahhh Cheers SCB. :t:

It still irks me to think about how Bernie Russell hijacked the tv deal and did a Bernie on the rest of the promoters

In the good old World of Sport days, the tv money was shared amongst all tracks, and helped to keep some of them in business.

Very soon speedway will implode I hope, it will return hopefully with a new and independent governing body, and perhaps a semblance of fairness might break out, we live in hope

some of you might say be careful what you wish for, but the end of the day speedway in its current format will not survive, I am grateful to each and every one of the promoters who continue to dip into there own pocket to keep the sport going. Most of those same mugs will come back for more, under the new administration, whenever that happens....and it is going to happen.......sooner or later.

In the meantime I have a few "friends" eyes in the sky who lend me some speedway, not a penny to Bernie from me.

It still irks me to think about how Bernie Russell hijacked the tv deal and did a Bernie on the rest of the promoters

In the good old World of Sport days, the tv money was shared amongst all tracks, and helped to keep some of them in business.

Very soon speedway will implode I hope, it will return hopefully with a new and independent governing body, and perhaps a semblance of fairness might break out, we live in hope

some of you might say be careful what you wish for, but the end of the day speedway in its current format will not survive, I am grateful to each and every one of the promoters who continue to dip into there own pocket to keep the sport going. Most of those same mugs will come back for more, under the new administration, whenever that happens....and it is going to happen.......sooner or later.

In the meantime I have a few "friends" eyes in the sky who lend me some speedway, not a penny to Bernie from me.

Is this a windup. From memory, British Speedway doesn't see your money either.

Edited by Tsunami

Is this a windup. From memory, British Speedway doesn't see your money either.

Just another freeloader.

• Like 1