Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Message To Eurosport

Dear Eurosport

Please can you tell that imbecile who is commentating on the SWC at the moment, that the winner of a heat scores three points.

Not three big points, just three. They only come in one size.

But it's perfectly possible to say that a heat win is crucial, or vital etc.

Better still, replace him with the guy who commentates for you on Swedish league matches (Dave Rowe); he seems knowledgeable and not like he is high on cocaine.

Thank you

:rofl:

I was thought the 'imbecile' was going to totally lose it Thursday night, he was getting very annoyed with something and I was hoping he was going to explode into a tirade of explectives.

Whilst I am here - is the paddock the same as the pits?

Dear Eurosport

Please can you tell that imbecile who is commentating on the SWC at the moment, that the winner of a heat scores three points.

Not three big points, just three. They only come in one size.

But it's perfectly possible to say that a heat win is crucial, or vital etc.

Better still, replace him with the guy who commentates for you on Swedish league matches (Dave Rowe); he seems knowledgeable and not like he is high on cocaine.

Thank you

I fully endorse this, Pearson's use of the word 'big' for everything is almost as annoying as him calling everyone a 'legend'. His new word of the week for this week though is 'skid', he's been overusing that one for sure this week.

I suppose todays commentators are faced with a situation unique to them, and that is that they are commentating every single week, sometimes twice a week and for 3 hours at a time.

In the 70's Dave Lanning was on maybe once every three weeks or so and nothing was live in those days - edited highlights only.

However, a quick glance at the synonym list shows that Kelvin has a choice of many words he could use as an alternative to his hugely excessive over use of 'terrific'.

• Like 1

its a more difficult job in some ways than say football since if 4 riders are following each other round without any passing what is there to comment upon?

Also, they have to fill 90% of the time talking when there is no race actually taking place.

Can't be easy.

Edited by Mike.Butler

I'm thinking we should embrace the Nige and Kelvism's in a game of Grand Prix Bingo.... So members of the forum send it say 16 Nige and Kelvism's my contribution is "Greg Herbie Hancock".."How On Earth Did He Stay On The Motor Bike" We put them all on a bingo type card, and one by one during a grand prix we tick them off until we get a full house and reward our smugness with a beverage of our choice, hot or cold, alcoholic or non alcoholic whatever you feel is apt.

We then branch out to Elite/Premier league bingo on sky..Happy Days

Every point is vital! I hadn't realised that till it was pointed out

• Like 1

I suppose todays commentators are faced with a situation unique to them, and that is that they are commentating every single week, sometimes twice a week and for 3 hours at a time.

In the 70's Dave Lanning was on maybe once every three weeks or so and nothing was live in those days - edited highlights only.

However, a quick glance at the synonym list shows that Kelvin has a choice of many words he could use as an alternative to his hugely excessive over use of 'terrific'.

you forgot to mention the great alec weeks who worked for the bbc sports, aye thats right bbc did cover speedway mainly the world champship in the briggs fundin era

I get annoyed with every commentator I listen to, in some way or other, whatever the sport. But as someone has pointed out already, in speedway's case at least the sport is being covered and in Eurosport's case, it's being covered pretty comprehensively.

So they can use Stanley Unwin for all I care, if he was still with us of course.

• Like 1

you forgot to mention the great alec weeks who worked for the bbc sports, aye thats right bbc did cover speedway mainly the world champship in the briggs fundin era

Alan Weeks.(Alec Weeks was a Grandstand producer) Edited by racers and royals

Alan Weeks.

hi glad you remember him.but at least you knew who i ment thanks fot that

What's that button the sky remote with the plus an minus sign do.. Well well well, you'd never believe it. The sound goes up an down. Modern technology does wonders. . I'm deaf as post so can't comment on this.

I'm thinking we should embrace the Nige and Kelvism's in a game of Grand Prix Bingo.... So members of the forum send it say 16 Nige and Kelvism's my contribution is "Greg Herbie Hancock".."How On Earth Did He Stay On The Motor Bike" We put them all on a bingo type card, and one by one during a grand prix we tick them off until we get a full house and reward our smugness with a beverage of our choice, hot or cold, alcoholic or non alcoholic whatever you feel is apt.

We then branch out to Elite/Premier league bingo on sky..Happy Days

Like it, , Nigel Pearson is Alan Partridge

I'll add, " thats a ding dong battle for second place"